xisto Community
cassie1405241527

I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Maplestory rocks man it has better every thingWell sure sometimes you can get frustrated when you don't level up. But have you seen maplestory skils? Some people think that maple monsters are cute. I admit some are but not all you should sheck out in a video and put crimson barlogs er peroin party quest er taurmacis if you think that is cute man I dunt no wat tough is. So check it out trust me once you get past nooby lvls its awesome I have a lvl 60 bandit his name is ninjathief32 check him out-reply by Ninjathief32

something sharp

Alright setting some things straight

-both are good games (technically)

-the time spent on them is relatively pointless eventually

-runescape makes you pay 5 bucks a month if you wanna ever kill anything

Interesting, or for that matter keep you from dying every two seconds unless you have a massive FOOD reserve

-this to me means that I guess you have to have a feast during battle idk

-maplestory is so big that I wanna stab myself in the eye with something sharp because if your new your screwed

-runescape is 3d although not very good 3d

-maplestory is 2d side scrolled game but seems good anyway

-maplestory is interesting because there is so many random and weird things to fight ex: slime, pigs and tree stumps

-runescape only offers "real" or mythical things you already heard of like chimeras and ogres but you rarely see them unless you are a member

-maplestory makes you pay only for clothes and maybe something to fight with. Although in game money is relatively worthless in game

-runescape currency is also relatively useless but at least you can make your own swords and stuff.

-maplestory has music

-runescape has noise (static sounds better)

-maplestory npcs are useless unless you already know the quest

-runescape has unnecessarily long quests that usually entail you running back and forth from one distant town to another. And npcs are also pretty useless as you go

-maplestory is world wide and fast, which also get you a ton of spammers and bots which **** respectively (also broken English is the most used language) ex: "me1 you fried?", and "bie ned mor slim" (two real messages that I got -_-), but most people are nice to you ^_^

-runescape is mass spamming and people trying to sell you crap constantly and have more bots than any other mmo I ever played...

The bottom line

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-maplestory takes patients, time, and a guide so you do not die often and get lost. Fun game, alright sound, 2d graphics (but good), big, sometimes confusing, loads of waiting time during travel, useless money, one button fighting, if your not in a town, you will be attacked by the world. But overall a good game. 8.5/10

-runescape takes infinite resources and needs a face lift, if your not a member you will die often enough to get mad, crap from an elephant for graphics. Music makes your ears bleed, and the only thing that doesn't usually kill you are the trees, which sometimes attack you anyway. The enemy gets 10 to 1 damage for the most part without super armor. If your not in a town your getting hunted or hunting. Overall 7/10

*NOTE: these games are only as good as your attention span so eventually their not fun

-reply by ya well

maplestory

Replying to cassieI would say they both are good games but runescape made the wild go bye bye the wild was one of the best places because you could fight other people at your lvl.When I quit it I did not know what to play.I found maple on google.It may be 2d but to me its a better game.One bad thing about maplestory is it has theif-warrior-archer and mage.You can only pick one...(I would say theif).Well thats about all I can tell you.Replying to cassie

-reply by abby

In my opinion, both of these games are a big waste of valuable time, especially runescape, and i just cannot believe i wasted my time on memerbship and leveling to 53, but i m glad i quit it December 2003.
But i would go with MapleStory, mainly for the reasons OmegasGiev just stated, and also because Runescape is an utter ******** game.

Gotta agree with him on this, at least on the first part.
They are a waste of valuable time. Hell, they are just a waste of time. However,

Runescape is more of a midschool library game, I know since I played it during that time (skipping classes). It's constantly updated (like any other mmo) but most of the updates go to paying members ($5 isn't that bad anyhow) The thing is the game itself is a point and click repitivly game. At one point, it feels like work, which sucks. Theres hundreds of videos on youtube, showing 'exciting' pvp battles.
Watch them and there you have it. good points of it being lacking a need in install (other than just Java). Graphics are old fashioned (but good for a webbrowser game), gameplay stinks...

MapleStory - well I tried it, hated the first 15 minutes, quitted. Not much I remember though.

Overall I'd say don't do any of these, they are overly addictive and time consuming, go do something productive.

runescape is boring!

Replying to Arbitrary ya ive never played maplestory ether and I think RS really stinks beacause it gets boring in the first 10 min because wen you a noob you 0 %99.9999999999 of the time so its ultra boring

-feedback by ultralord21

runescape is boring!

Replying to Arbitrary ya ive never played maplestory ether and I think RS really stinks beacause it gets boring in the first 10 min because wen you a noob you 0 %99.9999999999 of the time so its ultra boring

-feedback by ultralord21

do you need to PAY money to PLAY maple story or is it FREE?

Do you need to pay money to play maple story? because I'm on vacation in china and I dowlaoded maple story but in chinesse when I started it brote me to a enterence and I can't get of. So I went to a web and it told me to pay money. So I wondering if I have to pay money...(sorry if there is spelling errors):)

-reply by oliver

I played both MapleStory and Runescape some years ago. I think Runescape is more fun than MapleStory, but MS has better grapichs. And now with the new design and "rules / traderules" at RuneScape, non of them are good ;). RuneScape was much fun some years ago. But now.. Nah, I don't play it and I don't like it any more. Sadly, because it used to be my favorite game.

I have never even heard of Maple Story. I did play Runescape, but I was never really serious about it. I did it when I had free time on my campus... and when no one else was around to play multiplayer Halo with. My friend got pretty good at Runescape, and I was gonna go along in it with him... But I restarted, and just realized that I wasn't going to keep putting that time into it. I wouldn't play it at home, because if I had the time, I would be playing Playstation.But see, now that I am at work and have a few moments, I think it would be interesting to at least see what this Maple Story is all about. I think a few weeks ago, I was downloading another RPG, but that didn't seem to last long either... I know I am not expecting like Final Fantasy 12, 13 quality, but I would still like to find something to keep a little interest.

I would go with Maplestory. I have played for three and a half years and I still think it is fun!!There are 4 (pirate class to come soon) main classes and about 20 sub-classes when you advance through the other classes.The graphics are decent and there are new ones.Team building exercises with party quests.Level cap is 200 and leveling can take up to a week once getting to 1XX.Community is friendly.There are barely any hackers now since gameguard is more advanced.There are new items coming out every few weeks.Patches once or twice a month improving more content and FUN!!There is a cash shop if you want to buy w/ USD and dress up!!There is a Trade systemA BIG BIG map ( about 7 continents )Addicting and fun....Minimum specs for MS Recommended specs for MSOS: Windows 98ME/2K/XP OS: Windows 98ME/2K/XPCPU: P 3-1Ghz CPU: P 4-1.8GhzHDD: 1.5GB HDD: 3GBVGA: 3D Acceleration Card VGA: 3d Accerleration CardSound: N/A Sound: 16 bit Sound CardNetwork: 56kbps Modem Network: 56kbps ModemI hope this helped!

I would also go with Maplestory if I was presented with a choice of the two. It has better graphics and a different style of gameplay, where Maplestory is more focused on action while Runescape is focused on lots of different skills. I suppose the only disadvantage of Maplestory is that it cannot be run from a browser using Java and is larger in terms of the download required for the game.

Maplestory is better. I've played ruenscape also and runescape is 2 easy I guess and repetitive. In maplestory you can do party quest and stuff. And its alot harder to get bored fast.

I beg to differ.I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I know that Runescape is indisputably better than maplestory. RunescapeClearly has more rewarding quests. In addition , there are manyDifferent skill's you can train. Runescape doesnt take long to loadSince it is a browser based mmorpg , you don't have to downloadAnything, updates don't take that long, unlike maplestory. Also,Runescape, unlike maplestory , has inummerable minigames to take partOf. There is more. Runescape provides a useful clan chat option , whichAllows for easier clan organization and group activities. That is all.I will describe every extra runescape feature in even more detail ,Then , we need to compare things that maplestory and runescapeOffer.There is one thing many people forget to compare , the websitesOf course. Many people abominate runescape without analysing anythingFirst.First , we need to go deeper into what runescape offers. The quests ,Quests range from low to high, an outstandingly high level doesnt makeThat much of a difference as most of the quests require a level from 3- 80. Possibly even lower. Most of the quests can be completed byAnyone at any level.Now , since runescape is browser based , the gameCan be loaded in seconds. Even on the slowest connections with theLowest possible ram. Most computers can run runescape withoutDownloading anything, however , most mmorpgs require that you downloadThe game first and some mmorpgs even require that you download extraPackages. World of warcraft , for example cannot be installed on everyComputer , takes at least ten days to download on slow connections andMay require extra downloads. The update speeds...Runescape doesnt takeLong to update , most other mmorpgs however , take preposterously long.Although long updating times arent a big deal to few people , this is aProblem for those who have slower computers. One more thing to add ,The runescape client, it can be downloaded in five seconds on almostAny computer.If runescape is not the best mmoprg out there , runescape has to beGood. Indisputably , runescape is not bad. It can only be worse thanOther mmorpgs. Just because runescape is worse doesnt mean one canConclude that it is bad. Even if runescape is worse, it can onlyImprove and can be better. Here is my point. Compare runescape classicTo runescape two. The new runescape is way better. Now , will the thirdRunescape be better? Probabbly yes. What about the fourth? Did world ofWarcraft have a classic? Did "maplestory" have a second runescape orClassic? No beginning and one end equals no advancement. Therefore noSatisfaction.Here are just a few features runescape has that other mmorpgs don't have.- Run/walk - very creativeAuto attacking - how many mmos have auto attack?- skills for money making - although some mmorpgs have skills / similarWays of making money. They don't match up to runescape. Since runescapeSpecializes in skills. Do you want to grind for the rest of your lifeUsing combat skills in maple alone to make money?- very fast client download - most mmos have clients that take forever to download unlike runescape.- runescape is good w/ quest updates- most computers have java and runescape relies on java- runescape is portable- almost impossible to macro in runescape anymore- graphical update- organised websiteAbout runescape constantly changing and improving , here is someEvidence. On the runescape website , jagex announced that runescapeMade it into the world records for a certian amount of suscribers. (Mentoined on site and event took place.)Secondly , runescape puts forth a huge effor to get rid of ruleBreakers " we have banned over 200,000 accounts for breakibg rules.)Clearly said on the website. Although I couldnt find this , jagexMentioned that runescape reached a certain amount of suscribers onTheir site. Finally , the news on runescape website clearly showsProgess.There is one more thing I have to say , the in game loading forRunescape is quicker than maplestory. When you go to another map inMaplestory, it usually takes two seconds , in runescape , it takes oneSecond. ALso, compared to other mmorpgs , runescape loading time isAmazingly quicker.Oh and yes , one more thing. Arent mmorpgs supposed to be completelyEndless? Isnt that what mmorpg players like? Runescape is virtuallyEndles. Most free mmorpgs have a combat system with no skills and onceYou reach the level up...It is over for most people. For example ,World of warcraft has a cap of level 70. Maplestory , level 200 cap.Runescape for a skill which is 99 , you can still gain exp and competeFor a high rank. MMorpg players don't want to beat a game in a year.Most people here are prob. Mmorpg players. Well from your point of viewM you prob. Agree.I didnt even bring up maplestory hackers yet.One more thing to add. Maplestory is lame with updates , think aboutIt. Updates are usually cash items. Supporters of maplestory say thatMaplestory is free but people tend to pay for items that arent evenUseful. Cash shop items. There is nothing else but cash item updates .Maplestory does have holiday events but they are rehashed every year.Lame.What about real world item trading? Runescape obviously beatsMaplestory in this. Runescape is against buying in game items with realMoney. Most players try to earn levels and gear through the game. TheyDon't want to buy everything and finish up. That is like cheathing. InOrder to revive your pets you need to pay?Where is maplestory pvp at? How do you fight other players? Runescape has a pvp system and it is good.Items in maplestory compared to items in runescape. There is a largerRange of items since runescape is a skill building game. MaplestoryCannot match up because there arent over twenty skills in which everyOne of these skills require over 100 items per skill.There is no real crafting system in maplestory because you arent theOne crafting. You get the items needed to make something and NPC's makeThings for you. Unlike runescape , maplestory requires that you killMonsters in order to get the items needed to craft as that is the onlyOption and when you do get the items , you don't get to enjoy theCrafting yourself.There is crafting in runescape and you get to do the crafting yourself.Instead of killing monsters for the items needed in which you don't evenGet to craft yourself you can craft these items in runescape and I'm notJust talking click on this and you are done. You have to get the rawMaterials first , add something to that material or alter it in a wayTwo or more times then you can finish it up. For example , cowhides.You have to kill cows first then you get the cowhides. Then, you haveTo tan the cowhides and only then can you use the cowhides to makeSomething. Finally , you need to use something to alter the cowhides.In some cases you may need to use several items to alter something inOrder to craft that item.The new maplestory pvp system is preposterously lame compared toRunescape. You need to be honest. Also , don't you maplestory playersAgree that nexon tries to trick you into buying nx shop items? Finally, why play a game in which you could just buy your way to the top andFinish. Runescape isnt like that , you don't buy your way to the top andWaste your cash. Oh did I mention , maplestory is the most cumbersomeGrindfest by far. It makes me sick. You actually have to kill at least10,000 of a boss before gaining a level at 80. Imagine ...At level 81This number restarts and increases. MAPLESTORY IS A GRINDFEST.Also ,You maplestory fans need to think about this , including people thatConsider playing maplestory.Do you really want to spam the same key10,000 times for one level then spam the same key 100,000 times tenLevels later? Oh , add in the spell keys. If you use four spells , youHit 100,000 times 4 which equals 400,000. Did I mention , potions?EvenWorse , bosses usually spawn every hour. So you need to spend 10,000Hours to gain one level if you train on bosses.Do you want to spend10,000 hours doing tedious leveling on bosses for ONE level?RunescapeIs the BEST browser based mmorpg out there.Runescape is the BEST browser based mmorpg out there. Maplestory isJust another popular mmorpg out there. I'm going to be honest ,Maplestory is good with upsides but runescape is the BEST browser basedMmorpg let me reiterate. That makes runescape good.Runescape is infallible, I believe that runescape beats maplestory andWill beat it for eternity. I DECLARE IT. IT IS BETTER. IT IS without aDoubt!

-reply by XIEAS