xisto Community
cassie1405241527

I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I play maple story, but it is very time consuming so I don't have much time to play. (almost never now) It takes hours to level... especially at high levels... I currently have a level 46 Ice/Lightning wizard on Bera. My brother has these accounts: 40dit,94sader,27warrior,25wrrior,21bowmen,24mage,23 theif,15 mage......... o.O

Back when Maple Story Beta for global first came out, me and one of my friends played it, and we loved it. Of course back than they didn't really have a lot to offer, upon looking at the game today, its been buffed up with a lot of extra features, and I wish it was the Maple Story I played back when it first came out. Now the friend that I used to play Maple Story with played Runescape before, and he was on it for about 2-3 months. I asked him if he preferred MS better, and he said yes because the sound and the graphics were so much better, along with the people on it. After I played MS for about 2 years I just went to World Of Warcraft, since some people from school I knew where paying for my account, WAY better.All in all I think Maple Story just pretty much looked a lot cooler, and had a large number of cool extra features, however the one thing I did not like Maple Story for was the no PVP factor. I love PVPing and that kinda system would've made me hooked to that game. MS was a good game to play, and I did enjoy the time I wasted from my life playing it :P

Errr dont waste your time on mmorpgs.You will be wasting percious time of your life... ( as i did ~_~ )But i still cudnt give up mmorpgs totally...insted i let my scripts do all the work...(macros / bots)If you ask me, runescape errr.... (SUX)Havent tried maple story yet..you can try ragnarok online... (if 600 mb is too much for you to download)try Endless Online... (2-D game, anime characters, less complicated game play, quests, monster, PvP, Marriage.)

MAPLESTORY IS WAY BETTER THEN RUNESCAPE way better graphics better play I am on server Broa if you play it lingling22 is my char-lingling22

Ive played both and honestly, I think Runescape is crap. I didn't play for longer than a week before I was fed up.Maplestory is the best without a doubt. A lot of people are downplaying the hackers though. They are horrible and very common. They can really make your gaming experience suck. Sure ms can get boring but so can every other mmorpg. The only reason it gets boring is because you can't do much besides quests when you're mediocre. It used to be very focused on leveling but now there are a lot of other events you can get into.Of course there are things against MS too. But they don't necessarily give an advantage to runescape.Lagging is a definite problem with ms. I suggest you have a decent internet connection before you play it. Also, you might need some space. Most hard drives are decent enough to be able to suffice. MS takes like 3 gigs. Its worth it though. Very detailed, and very large. You'll love it. Sorta girly though.Seriously. Maplestory. It's no question. =D

Runescape is no-download, you can play from any computer. You can't run out of things to do, Arbitary was probably f2p and picky. In one way, it's completable, you can get 99 in a skill but you can still get much more xp, and higher up on the highscores. But in another way, it's updated almost weekly, so it takes years of fun to finish it, and that doesn't stay like that for long.

Sure, they update, but the point is it's not all that refreshing updates. You still end up doing the same things over and over again. You may take a year to fully explore everything, but if the exploration process is boring, why bother spending the time? A world can be big but still remain boring. Granted, this is my opinion, so you'll have to play to figure out if you like it or not.

Maple Story all the way (not really)I prefer Maple Story....The RuneScape graphics suck. I chose high detail. What I saw were white blobs as chickens and black and white blobs as cows...WTFIt is a little bit hard to level up in Maplestory, and plus, it might get addicting if you have too much time.

Feedback

If your looking for a good MMO to play for awhile I'd ignore both of these games, but maple story would be a lot better. Almost everyone who plays runescape are douche bags, most of the people who are slightly stronger than you will try to lead you to a no limits are and then PK(Player Kill) you, the graphics are God awful and I'm no graphics ***** yet I can't stand them, meaning anything yet? XD

Maple story is a lot better by far in every aspect. Seriously don't even bother with runescape, I played that game for a total of 4 days and never touched it again plus you need to pay to get more quests and ****, maple story is free except for the optional items you can buy(microshop) I've probably played maple story for 2 months total.

Though their are better games out there, as the poster above me said something about ragnarok online, firstly it's not free it's P2P unless you get a private server then you can play for free and there is a lot of private servers,

Endless online is probably worse than runescape in my opinion. If you don't mind learning another languag then you should check out LaTale it's like a kick-*bottom* version of maple story, anyway hope this helps.

-DarkZero

runescape/maple story

Dude ive played both games and let me let you in on a little secret DON'T PLAY MAPLE BERRY but I would definetly play runescape its a very good game and its got alot of stats to keep you occupied.

-logan

I think Runescape is actually better than Maplestory. The graphics may not be the best but atleast it's realistic. Maplestory characters have giants heads and evrything looks very childish as if the game were made for 10 year olds. I've been playing runescape for over a year now and Maplestory for about a week. The bad things about MS compared to Runescape are:- No HP bar on monsters, you have no idea how much time you have to spend pressing control until the monsters is dead.- No level indicator, you don't know if you can handle a monsters until you get hit by it. - Quests are too simple, anyone can tell you to go kill monsters that are 10 levels higher than you and bring back 100 of the thing that they drop.RS quests are alot more complicated and you actually have to do something other than grind. In RS quests you have to solve puzzles and figure it out yourself which I personally enjoy.- Chatting, MS chatting takes too long and you can't just say something while killing a monster. In RS, just type and it appears on your screen, no hard type selecting to whom you want to talk. The good things about MS compared to RS are:- The way you fight involves you alot more with the game. You don't just have to click and wait for you character to attack the monsters but you're in control of the weapon yourself. Though, if you play MS as much as I play RS, your fingers are going to hurt after a few days. - Parties, I like the MS parties because it enables you to kill monsters with your friends. RS can't have parties because you get xp for the amount you hit, not a certain amount of xp after the kill.That's 4-2 for Runescape. In my opinion Maplestory gets boring ALOT faster. The only thing you can do is grind, and the quests, you can't even call them quests, are too hard at level you can get them at. And quests just add more grinding to the game. Runescape on the other hand, has alot more to offer. Next to combat there are a whopping 17 other skills to train that don't necessarily involve combat. Runescape does have a difficult start but if you stick to it it gets more fun every day. And in RS you can chose you be the 4 MS jobs all at once. You don't have to pick something for maybe you'll regret it later. That's my opinion about it. -HuloHoth

Hmm... Well it depends on what you like kinda like Runescape has more skills then Maplestory but maplestory is kinda like runescape but less more skills its your choice, more skills better? or maplestory the funner-Stabsk4

Maplestory Vs. Runescape

If you play maplestory for a wile once you level up to about level 15-20 it gets funner and funner because at those levels you get to kill way harder monsters and can block more so you don't end up dieing every 5 minutes.

But if you play runescape Theres way more items and better graphics will enhance your gameplay but if you ask me I think MapleStory is better because theres kind of monsters at different islands that are fun to kill and get lots of money from.

-Dylan

Replying to cassieMan ive played both maplestory and runescape.Runescape is crap and maplestory is pretty good but after about 1 year and a half it get a bit boring or lvl 40+.But when you are like lvl 75+ on maple you own its soooooooooooo fun so play maplestory man or girl do it