xisto Community
cassie1405241527

I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Why Maplestory Is Better then Runescape!!!I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?I played Runescape until lvl 40 and got bored.It take FOREVER to kill monsters that are 10-20 lvls below you and my character did 9 DMG...What the hell?!It's not a big difference from when I was a lvl 30 doing 5 DMG...NOT A BIG DIFFERENCE!You basically have one skill as a warrior I mean that's gay and you need to get Runes to use certain magician skills.It takes too much money to use 'em.Don't even try to be a Archer they're obvioulsy the worst class...Branch...Milk...Whatever in the game.What's the point of mining,tree cutting,cooking,etc. That's too boring taking too long to lvl.I played Maplestory and it's still fun I have a lvl 38 Fire/Poison Wizard,lvl 18 Theif,and a lvl 18 Pirate.My Fire/Poison Mage can do,MAX,1.3k+ DMG on a Ice Monster and,MAX,.8k+ DMG on regular monsters.That's a HUGE difference since I was a lvl 33!You have cool mob skills in the 2nd or 3rd Job.My only mob skill for my mage has is Poison Breath which looks cool,at the very least.My Pirate(1st Job)has a mob skill which no other class has in the 1st Job.My Pre-Assasin(1st Job)is very quick and does good DMG plus looks cool.So what're you waiting for?Try Maplestory now and quit Gayscape!-reply by boygeek12

WHAT ABOUT NOSTALE?????I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I have yet to hear any one mention NOSTALE. Its basically maplestory with a few PROS &CONS. Like you get pets free no CASH needed!! lvling up is pretty easy & quest are plentyful and fun also you have full control of camera view, u can upgrade weapons & even bet on weapon upgrades. But if u lose your weapon gets destroyed and that sucks when u have a great weapon(I know from experience)LOL..BUT IF YOU LIKE THESE KINDA GAMES JUST TRY IT.And like MS(maplestory) it needs to be downloaded(that sucks) but other than that its an MS doppleganger.  in NOSTALE you have land where u can build on and keep multiple pets. MS has a new family thing (COPY CATS). Don't get me wrong I like MS actually I'm playing now. I havent tried that rune game yet but I will just to see whats the fuss about. But like I said if u like MS then you'll like NOSTALE... 

hey if ya find more games like MAPLESTORY or NOSTALE. Please inform me cause I'm always ready for more...

-reply by Ritchlover

MaplestoryI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Id go with maplestory. I played runescape and its 2 confusing and kinda boring. Maplestory has a lotmore players and is overall much better than runescape. Ithas 1 billion players whereas runescape, you eventually have to pay to play

-reply by ipwnu

runescape is boring maplestory is awesomeI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

runescape u just click around and kill monsters, click click click... BORING! maplestory more equips people play runescape but hate it and have nothing eles to play. I learnedall kinds of things in maplestory. Runescape all I learned was to click.../txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley12.Gifzzzz. People think runescape is great when they never tried maplestory people brag about it I get so sleepy. Maplestory u pay little for so much theres more events people make privite server cus they like maplestory and they want to try to make one I joined many. Everyones nice in maplestory. Runescape, u cant talk until u reach a level. I joined runescape I knew the min. I saw it I knew it was boring. So I tried and I have alot of sisters and brothers they all hate runescape my sister played it and loved it but 2days later she quitet u guys should try maplestory u mite like it... I MEANT LOOVE IT! runescape is babyish maplestory u got jobs alotta new stuff u upgrade it for like... 15mins and done runescape is like hours and hours maybe days. Just beilive me ty :P/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley2.Gif

-reply by christy

Maplestory or Runescape!I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

iGuest, Nicely put. Expecially the ending. In my opinion I think that Runescape is better...

Over the 3 years that I have played Maplestory I have wasted over 800 dollars on NX... Where as 3 years of Runescape Membership won't cost anywhere near that price. Think about it.

Runescape may have bad graphics... But keep in mind that it's a browser game and not downloaded. If Runescape was downloaded it would surpass Maplestory graphics. Just think...

-reply by RsorMs

WHY RUNESCAPE IS BETTER THAN MAPLESTORY!!!I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?Runescape is better for 2 main reasons. I could be a mage, archer, and then melee but in maplestory I have to chooose what I want to be and then can never go back and be something else. Also when you get bored of training there are plenty of other skills to train like woodcutting, mining, smithing, cooking, fishing and other things. But in maplestory there is nothing to do but train and do quests, there is nothing you can do to just chill while still leveling up so its not too boring.-reply by GUEST

Maplestory or Runescape?I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I'm a Runescape 4 yr veteran, and a Maplestory 3 yr veteran, and to be honest... Runescape is better. With it's new updates and graphics, it completly wipes the floor in ALL ways with maplestory.

Runescape: New HD mode, more variety of equipment, free to play (Members is expansion), more skills, you feel better when you level, quests are a must-do, and are really fun, Runescape has a point (to help everyone in Glienor and become a LEGEND (literally)), it's 3D!, and a good community, and hackers and scammers are quickly dealt with.

Maplestory: 2d (blech!), Pixel men! Ew!, characters look like a mr. Potato head (I'm not joking...), quests are SO out of the way and give crud EXP, horrible equipment variety, eternal grind-fest to literally no end, you spend a day getting a level at levels 35 (which is REALLY early into the game), and up to 3 days at level 60+ if you gave a life. Horrible scamming community. If your rich, you either are a scammer or go to A LOAD of "drop parties" (google: Maplestory Drop Party).

Runescape: 9/10

Maplestory: 3/10 (5/10 if your rich, so it isn't as brutifully boring) 

-reply by John Magicpriest

Runescape...I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?I've played both Maplestory and Runescape. While  you can argue that both games are almost the same rating, just because Runescape is made in Java and broswer based and Maplestory is not I'd have to go with Runescape.

Graphics: Runescape graphics have greatly improved over the last year. I know this because I quit 2 years ago and now I came back and they added a new HD mode. While Maplestory graphics are more childish and cartoon-like, Runescape offers the user something else to look at aside from a billion Cartoon-looking potato head creatures. Runescape 8/10
 Maplestory 6/10

Storyline: You can't really compare these two because of one simple reason; Runescape has a storyline and Maplestory doesn't. Runescape wins by default.

Combat: Here both Maplestory and Runescape both lack extremly. Maplestory is boring and repetative and same can be said for Runescape. Runescape/Maplestory 4/10

Quest: Runescape quests revolve more around travelling and grouping to kill a strong monster while maplestory questing is Kill X of this or Collect X of that. Runescape 8/10, Maplestory 6/10

Leveling: While both game require grinding to level up, Maplestory is called a horrible Grind-Fest. Runescape on the other hand offers some other ways/things to do to level up. You still have annoying grinding but if your annoyed with that, go mine ores and blacksmithing armour, or cut trees or go fish, or go gather Rune Essence while enables you to create your own magic runes. 
Runescape 7/10
Maplestory 5/10

Overall: Runescape 7.5/10
 Maplestory 5.5/10
-reply by Leor

Maplestory all the way. Even though Runescape is (sort of) 3D, Maplestory  is way more fun. Runescape is really repetitive. You often find yourslef doing the same thing over and over again. In Maplestory however every quest is different. Maplestory has a better game formula overall. In Runescape all you do is click someone and they keep attacking. You don't do anything. In Maplestory however you are the one who controls them. There are also classes in maplestory giving it a lot more variety and to people who don't want to pay money to play Maplestory is way more friendly. For example as a non-member in Runescape you run out of quests and get bored (I would know because I finished all the quests and quit at lvl 58 bcuz of boredom) and the members have a way bigger advantage over you. In Maplestory  however the only thing you get when you use NX cash (money that you pay for to get things in the cash shop) is coller looking clothes and pets. So having and not having NX doesnt really make a difference.

Another reason Maplestory dominates Runescape is their leveling system. Personally I think that the leveling up in Runescape is pointless because there is nothing special to acheive. In Maplestory however 1 lvl = 5 stat points and 3 skill points. Also the quests are level based. Going back to the quests, Maplestory has billions of quests and they keep on coming while all of Runescape's quests can be fit into one small window (or whatever you want to call it). Another thing is that Maplestory's monsters and items never seem to end, while I a lvl 58 noob in Runescape have seen all the monsters. I wont even start about Runescape's small variety of weapons, armors and items overall. Well that is all I have to say and I hope you will make the better choice (Maplestory).

-reply by Cycyllion

MAPLESTORY IS JUST WAY BETTERI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Gameplay

Maplestory: Maplestory may not be 3d but you can be playing for much longer before running out of things to do. You can talk, battle, trade, level up, etc. After that you can still gain exp and become number 1 on the leader boards or you can make a lot of money or become famous through the fame system. There are endless possibilities. 8/10

Runescape: The only thing that runescape is better at the maplestory is the 3d effect. Even though the 3d could be way more better, it sucks for what it is. Although there are more things to train on, their is no point to train on them, but it is fun to train on them. One thing I did like about runescape was that you could never run out of things to train on. 6/10

Quests

Maplestory: Maplestory has I say a good 10,000 quests and event quests. Plus they can take up to a month (littirally) to finish. Yet others can take about 5 minutes to finish. And the rewards are very good for the quests to. 9/10

Runescape: To be honasty, about 1 out of every 5 quests are fun to do. Another down side with their quests is that if you don't want to pay to be a member, you get like 15 quests. And even if you are a member, you still only have about 300 quests. 4/10

Battling

Maplestory: Battling doesn't just involve pressing ctrl to do an attack, you can unlock special skills to do diffrent attacks. Plus you can finish a battle in about 5-10 seconds. 8/10

Runescape: Battling sadly results in just hit after hit, no teqnuiqe required. Plus some battles can last up to one minute against something that has the same level as you are. 2/10

Community

Maplestory: Almost everyone I have meet in Maplestory is extremely nice. About 1/100 people are hackers, mean people, scammers/advertisers, or just annoying people. 9/10

Runescape: Not as many people are as nice in Runescape but I give them kudos for trying...Kinda. About 1/25 people are hackers, scammers, advertisers, mean, or just annoying. 5/10

Money involved

Maplestory: This is one thing I love about maplestory. You don't have to pay a cent and you still get as much features as someone that does pay. When you want to pay, you can get powerfull or cool wepons and gear, but you don't have to have it. 10/10

Runescape: Without paying about $50 a year, you get about 1/100 on what the game is actually like, they cut you off from 1/4 of the world, can't use all skills, can't get or make all wepons, and can't get all quests. 1/10

Events and Updates

Maplestory: There is always something going on at Maplestory. Events happen I would say once every 2 weeks or so. 8/10

Runescape: Events are happening every once in a while, but they only involve high level characters or are useless. 3/10

Overall:

Maplestory: 8/10

Runescape: 4/10

Now you chose, which is better. :) :) :) :)

-reply by MAPLESTORY

Which game is better?I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I'm playing both ATM and I must say... Half the people I try to start a conversation with in Runescape don't respond because they're botting. There used to be a major "hack" problem in MS also but with the new virus program they use it's mainly gone away. 

Graphics:

Runescape: Improved a TON over the last few years (I quit around 05) 8/10

Maplestory: You have a choice of how precise you want the background to look. (because of lag issues) 7/10

Skills:

Runescape: Great variety but gets quite boring and not very difficult 5/10

Maplestory: Great variety as well. Currently working on my lvl 95 aran and I must say it is very very fun :] I love the skill, the uniqueness of each class, the greater rewards when I level up and I think the skills overall in MS are better 8/10

Grinding: 

Runescape: Not too hard until u get into the higher levels (70~99). Then it gets very very monotonous and dumb. There are also sacred clay items that give u 2x exp but those run out so fast that I feel its not even worth getting 7/10

Maplestory:Not too hard until you get into your higher levels (130~200) Then it also gets very very boring but you have options such as buying 2x Exp cards for certain times of the day and there is also this system which allows players to use something called "rep" to also obtain 2x Experience... However, even with these, at lvl 150+ it will be monotonous and dumb

8/10

Merchanting system:

Note: This totally depends on your feelings about merchanting. I personally believe you should be able to have no trade limit because it allows for more freedom

Runescape: Stupid trade limit was installed and now the game is practically communism. There is like... A few hundred coin difference between max and min prices in the Grand Exchange. Basically ensures that you make money. I don't like that style at ALL 3/10

Maplestory: No trade limit, monster drops are rare, YOU MERCHANT. No, the game does not tell you what to sell your items for. You can haggle. You can rip people off. You can get ripped off. This is how it works in real life. I do not feel the game should push u along like this and ensure your sucess in the game. 8/10

Overall, I think MS beats out RS but both are still good options. RS has been drastically improving (but I don't like the trade limit) and is becoming much more likable. A few years ago, I would have put half of what values I gave them today. 

-reply by Charles

MapleStoryI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I played Runescape for a few days and quit due to extreme boringness. I've played MapleStory for 3 years and it's still fun. MapleStory has a storyline now, and 11 classes (and they're working on more as we speak, er, type), whereas Runescape doesn't have any classes. And personally I like the anime style graphics better than this 3D rubbish. But that's just my opinion, you choose whichever you want.

-reply by Griffygriff98

Maplestory is betterI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Maplestory is better!

One, runescape graphics are really bad.

Two, in Maplestory, you can actually battle a monster yourself, but in runescape it battles for you.

Three, runescape cuts out most of the quests just for members, but in Maplestory, you don't even need to become a member, but it might be cool.

Four, I think that Maplestory is fun because of the cool cartoon graphics instead of the really bad runescape ones.

Five, runescape doesn't update much, but Maplestory does.

MAPLESTORY IS THE BETTER CHOICE 

-reply by Bobby

Maplestory all the way. The graphics are better than Runescape. The game is a 2D side-scrolling game though. It is not in 3D like Runescape is. Maplestory is more of a grinding game though. You can do more in Runescape but I think that it is more repetitive. I have played Maplestory for 4 years and I think that it has changed a lot since I first began. I estimate that there are ten times more features than there were when I had first started. You can expect more features later on. There are usually events every month.There are unique features such as the family system, pet system, etc. You can choose to either grind or socialize. There are many party quests that can help reduce grinding but they can be hard to get into depending on which server you play on. There are many classes including Warriors, Magicians, Archers, and Theives. Each of these classes have many subclasses. There are also exclusive classes such as the Aran class and the Cygnus Knight classes that have just recently come out.Runescape is played in a browser with not-so good graphics. Maplestory requires a download. About four years ago, the download was about 300 MB. Now, the download is about 2 GB. You can expect the download to increase to 4 or 5 GBs in a few years because of all the new items, maps, and features coming out. I guess it really depends on your preference. I personally prefer downloadable games as they are usually better in quality. If you do not really mind horrible graphics, you can try playing Runescape. If you play Runescape, then you are required to pay a monthly fee if you would like to play with the extra features. Maplestory is free but it has something called a cash shop where players can buy "fashion" clothes with real money. The cash shop also has 2x exp and item cards too to help you grind. I personally think that the Cash shop thing is better. I rarely pay for it with real money. There is a feature called Maple Trading System (MTS) that allows you to sell in-game items for the virtual currency used to pay for cash shop items. This makes the cash shop free in my eyes. One of the best things about Maplestory is that there are no hackers found anywhere. When I first started, there were hackers everywhere making the game unenjoyable. I will admit that I was once a hacker because I was sick of everyone else hacking. Ever since they improved their anti-hacking software, there have been no hackers. There are still scammers though so beware.

MapleStory is perhaps 100x better than RuneScape.I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?For one thing, RuneScape has terrible graphics, really repetitive stuff and lame skills. The main objective in the game is to basically level up. Get stronger and level up, thats about it. Fighting is perhaps the lamest thing on RuneScape. You click "Attack" it attacks for you... Also, there are like only 10 quests available to free members. They have like 150 quests and 5x the map size if you PAY 5.95 A MONTH... Rip-off much. Member or no member, you'll still quit in the end.MapleStory on the other hand has great graphics. And you actually FIGHT in MapleStory. You put shortcuts all over your keyboard and your ready to train. You actually need some skill to play it. RuneScape is just using your mouse... EVERYTHING uses the mouse. Also, MapleStory has awesome skills. New Job Advancement every once in a while for major power improvement and also, spend some time actually talking to people.. I play MapleStory for training and most importantly PQs. And yes, all this is 100% FREE. There are multiple ways of choosing your path of power. Also, you can stun,freeze and pierce enemies. It's like a never ending game. It upgrades itself by ALOT every 3 months. It is way different compared to RuneScape updates. They just put in some events for you, but MapleStory. They actually add a whole new map to travel. When I played it in 2006 I believe it had about 7 cities. But today, there are like 20 cities. Many friendly people to play with and most of all. OVER 1000 QUESTS. Like I said, all free. After about 6 months though, you may think it gets a bit repetitive. After level 75, leveling up is a bit boring so its best to play it with some friends you make. ALWAYS make friends. MapleStory friends/buddies are way better than some random nice friend you add from RuneScape.Overall: If you're thinking between RuneScape and MapleStory.. No doubt, you should obviously play MapleStory. It's 100% Free to have access to everything.Optionally, you can get some more money by using real money and buying Cash Bags, buying items from the Maple Trading System or Gachapons. Also, you have the option of buying some really good looking clothes and do a marriage event.-reply by John