xisto Community
sonoftheclayr

Super Toothpaste

I think I would rather brush my teeth properly twice daily instead of having nanorobots run around in my mouth.What if you swallowed one? Since they are designed to kill bacteria, you need bacteria to live, so you might get internal injuries and die.I think they could possibly be implemented in braces, if they were small enough. What would happen if people French kiss?

heres something to "chew" on.... --- Suppose that instead of nanobots, which alot of people wouldnt like to have in their mouths, using natural things. - Bad things about nanobots- - while theyd be targeted towards bacteria, theres many things that they could VERY easily confuse for bad bacteria and take it out. This is not a good thing. - People tend to swallow food and drink, so what if theese nanobots went with it and went on a nano-killing-spree on all of the enzymes and bacteria that help digest food? It would eventually begin to recognize the bacteria in the linings of organs and yeah.. not good.. - As i mentioned before, goining to the dentist is bad enough, why would we want robots in our mouths weekly ;) - Good things about nanobots- - With the particles they do recognize as bad, theyd do a pretty good job eliminating them, assured the technology is even with the advancement. - NATURAL solution. --- toss the toothbrush --- + First, youd have a bottle of a substance youd think today as listerine. This contains Substance A, which the applicant would keep in thier mouth as lang as possibly, swishing and shaking every few. In this time, the substance would have a bonding preference to calcium, and to get to that calcium it would need to saturate whatever is before it, which would be plaque and just crap in general. + So you swished around for a solid 1-2 minutes, spit the liquid out. Swallowing is possible, for the substance bonds exclusively to calcium, and when met with Amylase or any other kind of digestive enzyme it is easily disposable. + Put the bottle of Substance A down and with a slightly concentrated liquid form of Substance B, mix a 1:1 ratio of that and water that is as warm, but cool enough for you to have in your mouth. Wait 1 minute for the substance B to fully disipate in the mix and for the enzymes to become excited. + With the Substance B mix in your mouth, let it settle for roughly 1/2 a minute, then swish for the next 1/2 minute, repeat until the water has significantly cooled. + Spit the Substance B mix out, wait 15 minutes with no food or drink, and apply a substance that is very same to substance A, only it differs in how its recognized by substance B, so it is not eliminated, but has a significantly thicker density, so as it bonds to the calcium it forms a protective barrier. +-- What happens here is Substance B is targeted towards substance A, so when Substance A saturates the plaque and crap, Substance b will eliminate all that is permeated by it, therefore taking the plaque and crap away. Because all of this process is targeted towards dense calcium deposits, there is no risk for loosing gum tissue etc., and although it should be avoided, it could be swallowed.

That sounds really cool. I would LOVE that (lord knows when I last remembered to floss), but I definately wouldn't want to be the guiney pig. I don't care WHAT you pay me, I am letting NO ONE test that sort of thing on ME. But that is a great idea. However, there is one problem you might want to consider- what happens if you sneeze? ;)

Hi,

- NATURAL solution. --- toss the toothbrush ---
+ First, youd have a bottle of a substance youd think today as listerine. This contains Substance A, which the applicant would keep in thier mouth as lang as possibly, swishing and shaking every few. In this time, the substance would have a bonding preference to calcium, and to get to that calcium it would need to saturate whatever is before it, which would be plaque and just crap in general.

+ So you swished around for a solid 1-2 minutes, spit the liquid out. Swallowing is possible, for the substance bonds exclusively to calcium, and when met with Amylase or any other kind of digestive enzyme it is easily disposable.

+ Put the bottle of Substance A down and with a slightly concentrated liquid form of Substance B, mix a 1:1 ratio of that and water that is as warm, but cool enough for you to have in your mouth. Wait 1 minute for the substance B to fully disipate in the mix and for the enzymes to become excited.

+ With the Substance B mix in your mouth, let it settle for roughly 1/2 a minute, then swish for the next 1/2 minute, repeat until the water has significantly cooled.

+ Spit the Substance B mix out, wait 15 minutes with no food or drink, and apply a substance that is very same to substance A, only it differs in how its recognized by substance B, so it is not eliminated, but has a significantly thicker density, so as it bonds to the calcium it forms a protective barrier.

+-- What happens here is Substance B is targeted towards substance A, so when Substance A saturates the plaque and crap, Substance b will eliminate all that is permeated by it, therefore taking the plaque and crap away. Because all of this process is targeted towards dense calcium deposits, there is no risk for loosing gum tissue etc., and although it should be avoided, it could be swallowed.

that was mind blowing...

That would be cool but I don't really like the idea of nanobots. Anything electronic that is put on you body is bad in my opinion (unless it is like an arm or leg). These people with the chips in there hands that unlock there car and house are really pushing the line. If they did make it the price of toothpast would probably go up by a lot. Is it true that if you drink lots of milk you are less likly to get cavities also?Its a good idea if they ever get that technology but I will probably never use it. Is it really that hard to brush 2 times a day? You spent 5 minutes reading this topic already maby you should have been multi-talking and brushing your teath also lol.Thanks,SparkxSorry about spelling and grammar. Please don't flame my post ;)

Another good question is, what on earth would the nanobots do with the junk that is no good to you?Throw it down your throat or have it spit up out of your mouth, the former or later doesn't sound too great lol.

To tell the truth I like the traditional way of brushing my teeth at least once a day, but better to do it twice, but as most of us, sometimes I can be lazy enough to do it or don't have the time or the worst case, I am not at home and don't have a tooth brush.. thats why it is good to have one of those chewing gums ;)But as traditions are usually changing, the idea that nanobots could brush your teeth is quite good, you don't need to do it yourself and I believe that in the future something like that will happen, but as been said, for the start it will be expensive, but maybe later, everyone will be using it regularly and it will be as cheap ash toothpastes today.. and everyone will be with very white teeth? I don't really like very white teeth Today when I see people, they look very artificial to me, that smile is artificial too, but this is maybe only my view about very white teeth! And the problems which were mentioned in this topic are quite serious, but I think that with time and experiments they will be easily solved that they could be used without any side effects.. Remember the times when people used Heroin in hospitals (I don't remember though) but with time it was banned, due to the side effects and other drugs which we don't use anymore, but these days we make analysis, but I still like to avoid different chemistry, because most of the medicine is about ~10 or similar years old, so how the hell do we know how it will effect us and our children and our children's children.. same with nanobots brushing our teeth.. ;)

Um, I think I might be afraid of that toothpaste! I think I'd stick to the regular, daily-use toothpaste, thank you. The thought of little nanobots running around my mouth searching for morsels of food or bad breath bacteria is a bit frightening.I think a lot of people have already brought up pretty good points about why, eh, this might not be a good idea. I think the biggest one would be that who has the time, money, and effort to research about the use of nanobots to create super toothpaste? I think a lot of people would rather create better computers, or find a way to stop all these viruses from spreading on the Internet. We have good toothpaste already. Colgate and Crest are doing a good job; I brush my teeth once a day and it takes me maybe three minutes? Nothing's wrong with my teeth. I don't see why I'll switch from nice, minty, plain toothpaste to nanotechnology toothpaste.Secondly, as mentioned before by other users, what if these nanobots multiply a bit too quickly? They'll overrun our mouth, possibly consume our food before we do, and maybe they'll wander into other parts of our body! That's not good. What if they take over our stomach, should they survive the acid?Yeah, super toothpaste with nanotechnology is just not a good idea right now. Maybe in several hundred years, humans will have time to play with this idea though. XDSerena

I just wanted to know whether that would take care of all kinds of tooth problems. There are many people who are addicted to smoking or chewing tobacco,their teeth have severe problems like permanent stains on their teeth, pain in the gums and bleeding, There is also a lot of decaying, if something of that sort comes to be possible, would it be helpful in those cases as even after using the toothpaste,these people will continue with their habits .