xisto Community
fcfosters

Messenger vs. Google Talk What do you use?

I think people use msn messenger only because it's integrated with windows xp, and therefore they are forced to use it if the are users with low-know-how level of knowledge :lol: anyway googles stuff is far more superior and better.

Is it true that about 90% of people uses msn messenger?Google has made also quite new talk program, what do you think of that?

Hi,

Sorry for barging in here. Have you heard of Trillian. I'm using it and to date I'm very happy with it. It links to AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo all at once. I have MSN, Yahoo and ICQ id's so Trillian makes communication with friend on different messengers very easy.

Cheers

Trillian gets the job done, but personally I can't stand the program. I haven't used it in a year or more so it could be better now, but it was just bulky and annoying back then. Plus I prefer to only use one or two accounts... having multiple programs open isn't the issue with me its simply having all the different accounts active, doesn't make sense having 3+ chat account all so you can do the exact same thing... chat.

Mostof my contacts use MSN. I'm never used the google messenger, because I belive only people with Gmail account can use is. Is that true? If so, it's going to be a waste of disk space for me, since only a few of my friends use Gmail.

It seems that now MSN Messenger is on the point of being replaced by Windows Live⢠Messenger Beta.see here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials
Yordan

thats correct, bUt it is only possible to Use with XP. another point against msn is that it consumes a lot of disk space, bUt with the standards of disk sizes today it no matter.

best regads,

Where is the disk space consumed ? If you are simply talking with your contacts, nothing goes on the disk ? Am I wrong ?

the disk space when you install it and if you activate the option to save your conversations too.
best regards,

to save your conversations too

Any interest saving conversations ?I hardly find time for talking with my contacts, would find no time for reading back old comversations!
Regards
Yordan

Any interest saving conversations ?I hardly find time for talking with my contacts, would find no time for reading back old comversations!
Regards
Yordan

correct me too, bUt i have to use it when talk with some kind of clients. Sometimes its absolutely necesary, dont you think?
best regards.

No, I think that far less than 10% of people don't use Messenger.

Although msn IS pretty popular I tend to prefer google talk, it's real easy to use, less fancy and yeah it just gives us all the options we need! ;)

I think soon a whole lot of more people will step over to google talk in time.

The program is also still being worked on all the time and if google can create the most used search engine... well around the world, I'm sure it will be very succesfull in the making of a chat program!

:P

me and my friends have been using msn for years now. it seems to me it is very popular in european countries. i got aim installed but only use it to talk to 1 certain american friend. and google talk, i never even heard of it. :P i liked the way msn expanded over the years, making it easy to use webcams and stuff like that. So i'm quite satisfied but now i've read msn is going to change into Windows Life, and it will not langer stay free. Must investigate all that first..

Is it true that about 90% of people uses msn messenger?Google has made also quite new talk program, what do you think of that?

I don't know if 90 percent of people use Messenger. All I know is that I use Yahoo's software because it's tied in with my e-mail account ... and that's true for most of the people I care to chat with online.

Save for one friend who stubbornly refuses to use anything but Messenger. I occasionally fire that program up to see if she's around.

But if she switched to Yahoo Messenger, I would dump MSN's software so fast its little pointed head swam.

I use yahoo, msn and icq all at once.I always have not been happy on how things and stuff gets stored and how hard to maintain an archieve plus the fuss of hiding stuff to logs secure.i have 150 contacts on YM, 20 on MSN and 56 on ICQ, guess that YAHOO outnumbers MSN since msn is buggy and have lots of exploits.. I also have heard a great joke [for me only] that MSN server is run over LINUX, the system that Bill Gates hate much instead of a windows machine. The only advantage i got from MSN is that it interacts directly with my windows but the exploits outnumbers its use.--on the other side, most of my contacts now shifted to Gmail, yeah! I did not mistype..GTalk can communicate in Gmail email service and vice versa. no fussy download and if you have extra time, you can download the Gtalk client for much more features.the logs and archieve gets stored as email and you have 2Gig of space left to fill.. so much for what i need..--you can also search your logs.. =)are there any person here that dont want having an email account communicate with you messenger. you can read and chat at the same time.. that is in Gtalk / Gmail. i wonder when it will stop beta.