xisto Community
fcfosters

Messenger vs. Google Talk What do you use?

I don't really have many contacts using gmail, even if all would use it I wonder about its effectiveness.Especially over here, highschool, MSN is ever so dominant as well as stupid hotmail addresses (as in random_stupid_word9029@hotmail.com). it's tough to make an alternative for such programs where everyone needs to switch, as not everyone is as lenient or willing to change for minor feature changes. I like MSN.

on the other side, most of my contacts now shifted to Gmail, yeah! I did not mistype..GTalk can communicate in Gmail email service and vice versa. no fussy download and if you have extra time, you can download the Gtalk client for much more features.
are there any person here that dont want having an email account communicate with you messenger. you can read and chat at the same time.. that is in Gtalk / Gmail.

i wonder when it will stop beta.

Yes, the combination offered by the Gtalk and Gmail make these services a step forward within other services, is an excellent tool to stay in touch with your contacts, clients, friends, etc. and at the same time you can read your mail.

Of course, this only works if you configure your gmail view to standard with chat, that is very easy to do by simply click an hyperlink at the bottom of the page. :(

best regards,

Well I certainly like its minimalistic touch as compared to the bloated msn messenger but I do hope they would add webcam support. That is the main thing that is missing as besides that googletalk is gorgeous and is how IMs should be, simple, lightweight, clutter free and no dumb ads flying here and there. The main problem is getting ppl to switch though as mentioned the integration with gmail is a super idea.I still use msn messenger but i use gaim anyway that combines all of it. But if I had to choose one just for its useability, I'll pick googletalk though MSN does have the majority of my contacts...T_T

Well, it's true that most of people uses that anoying MSN Messenger, but I sure hate all that JUNK STUFF it has, like winks and more stupid things. But even so, I have to use that JUNK because everyone here don't know anyother messenger. I liked the GTalk a lot, and I hope someday people join us. Yahoo Messenger is also a very interesting messenger. I have a question: Is the GTalk using the same protocol of Jabber? They also instructs how to use the GTalk in Linux thru GAIM.