xisto Community
CrazyPensil

Ideas For A Programmers' Association JOIN

Hi, Ev'ryone. I've got a suggestion for the ones that are quite capable af web-programming.

Let us make an organisation, an association of programmers. The aim of that association will be to help eachother while programming. If you're in that organisation, and a problem you couldn't solve yourself turns up, you may suddenly leave it on our forum and it will be solved together.

To join it, Leave here your suggestion.

1. My real name.2. My country.
3. My interests.
4. My age.
5. Links to examples of my work.
6. what you are good at.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Hello CrazyPensil,

Well, your idea sounds like a good one to me, but I think there is so much to discuss before it can be implemented.

For instance, you posted this thread in the PHP section, so does this mean that the Programmer's Association is going to be PHP-exclusive?

And where do you think the conversations will take place? Here on Xisto, or perhpas you have another place in mind?

Besides, there are many Websites that provide a similar service, and those Websites are already well-established, so is there any original feature you have in mind that would make the Programmer's Association special?

Well, these are some questions off the top of my head, and I might have some more if others are interested in this. Thank you, and good luck! :o

Well, First of all, There will be sections of organisation(PHP section, Per; section, C# section etc). Communicating will be performed on our official website that would be done by the time enough members join us. As for that it's only in PHP topic, you're completely right and it should be placed in each programming subtopic. or if the moders would be that much kind and wouldcreate a general topic for that one (yeah, It's a gentle hint :o)

Edited by CrazyPensil (see edit history)

Some things are changed. We'd better to communicate here, since most of us need to earn credits somehow. And, come on!!! almost everybody will be accepted. Don't be that much shy, people :lol:

I've posted a similar idea and have two partners in my group at the moment.
The idea of our grouping is somewhat different in the fact that, it would comprise a software distribution company. This is the link to the thread we were discussing on http://forums.xisto.com/topic/92047-topic/?findpost=1064361933

This is the link to the profiles of our team members http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The more, the merrier. Feel free to join us.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

sound great ... and i think it really help to make people to advance with their knowlege with programing if they help each other to learn ..... i am interested but iam a bit newbie in programing but learing too is there a room for me if the idea is going to be setablished....????

Ours is such a field that we just can't stop learning, no matter where we are, how experienced we are. The whole idea behind the grouping was too widen our technical horizons, guess thats a yes for your question.

Come join us at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

Yeah it is a good idea, but to fit all these broad catergory's in you'll need quite the number of members.If you can find some Delphi programmers, that'd be awesome, if they use DelphiX or UnDelphiX, even better :).

I think I do know 2.000001 Delphi programmers. There's one Glenn Anderson, who's programming experience is older than me @_@. He's the one who created the best (previously) Yahoo! Bot - 'The Yahoo Responder Bot'. Then there's one from the cricket world champs' nation.

The first one, being heavly employed surely won't have enough time to be of any help. The second one, well he's out commenting on this topic, but dunno how much interested he really is.

The most useful part of Delphi for me is the ability to compile Native Win32 Executable (Wonder why Microsoft doesn't allow VB to target that).

It is indeed odd.And despite the much lower community compared that of VB, the vast amount of good and usefull components, add-ons and what not is quite high.I'm an ex vb'er myself, but VB just couldn't handle me lol, Delphi seems to have done well thus far, except for DLL's, I always do them in Dev-CPP for some reason or another.

I am not sure if I should say this, but are we not all - not already a part of an association? That is the Xisto community itself.I mean - any problem I face, I just come over here and pose a question at the appropriate forums. With its large user base, one is bound to solve my problem, and if no body replies - then that is it - this large group of people do not know a solution in the approach I tried. I try a new approach.Am I missing some thing here in grasping some subtle points? I mean, I am all ok for an association like this, but as I said, are we not part of one arleady? Why do we need another?

While I'm not so sure about programming in general, the chances of me finding help on a very specific problem in Delphi, are pretty moot :).But having a small community built entirely of just programmers, designers w/e I think is sort of the objective, or atleast part of it.

We are thinking beyond just helping each others out. We'll be developing and releasing our softwares under the company's name. In trying to do so in my prototype company, I have come to terms with a lot of new things, such as Web Designing (HTML, PHP, CSS), search engines and how they function, designing for the future, etc.Its been an all gain endeavour, although 'twas frustratingly hard at times. Now I intent to take it to the next step, along with like minded folks. What do you say people?

Well Ive talked this over with a few people here at asta and trap...We all seem to be coming up with the same ideas..we got a HUGE talent in these forums!!We are all involved in doing different things but as a team we would be able to tackle anything!!Heres the idea I was thinking of...Getting us together in a loose group with coders/designers/admins/promoters/ etc etc We list out whos best at what and what hours they can put in each week..We need to build a kick *bottom* portoflio site and then bid for work on places like Elancer.com.Theres loads of these types of sites out there that ask ppl to bid on different jobs..some small like making two new pages to bolt on to a site...designing a new banner for a site..making a joomla installation and uploading some templates..installing Redhat and monitoring the server remotly each day and installing any new software...making an interactive hotel booking system..a brand new site from top to bottom for a new company...etc etcYou see in these sites there is the ability to bid for a whole range of work for the group or just for certain individuals..ie bid on a lot of graphics work for the designers..bid on lots of db work for the coders..bid on whole site designs for all of us to work on..We could work out hours and time spent on tasks using some kind of project management system so we can all see whos doing what at any time..Payments could be very easy via paypal...or bank transfer to each other from a central paypal account.I am very interested in this idea because from the end of January I will be a reseller package holder from Xisto - Web Hosting and I am already having 5 clients ready to pay for it :) but as my business grows it will outgrow me and my partner and we will need a lot more people to deliver the work we will be bidding on..so forming a group here of like minded people ready to make some money for some time doing what they do best...its the perfect answer.What do you think guys? lets stop talking about this and get some action going!!Perfect time to make a new team..its a new year!!!Marky;)

Sounds good... I have needed help lately with my web site and I am sure I could help others. Im getting tired of the 18 year olds on yahoo answers always flaming you like "Thats imposible" and moments latter you find a site that has it lol.1. My real name: Dylan2. My country: USA3. My interests: Web disign (php mostly), sports and online gaming fansite (making and ads for ect)4. My age: 145. Links to examples of my work: http://www.sparkx.co.nr/ (though much of my work is based off other programs)6. what you are good at: Php Im going to make a post about what I need help with in a moment. Thanks Mark420 good idea, new year, new team lol. Im good at Coding and Disigning (just not hard image design yet mostly cad like design). Could someone make a topic with more details please?