xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Clear Example That Videogames Are Dangerous... ...on the road

its not the video games that are to be blamed ,but the teens itself ,who very irresponsibly made a wron descision and forgot the difference between the real street racing and fantasy street racing,they forgot that the real world is not equivalent to the need for speed enviousrment,i think they had really bad condition mentally and hence they did what they wernt supposed to be doing,they actually forgot ,that its only a game where you could drive like crazy and not real world ,people sometimes go real crazy and forget the difference between a real think and a virtual stuff.And as someone said above its actually the parents mistake as they dont leep their kids mentality in check ,but again this teens also needed to be a bit responsible ,but they really spoiled the life in front of them ,unless some lawyer takes a hefty sum and save these guys

Mmm yes. People's idocy is to blame for unfortunate accidents such as this car crash, and not video games or movies or anything of that sort. It's just dumb to try and pawn off responsibility from the individual to a game instead. If people keep traveling along this trend, soon we'll have a multitude of warning labels on every single thing we own like.......Pillows! "Beware of suffication. Beware that a pillow can be used as a bludgeon. Beware that the contents of a pillow should not be ingested." I think that video games, movies, even books can be extremely influential in our behaviour. I do NOT think, however, that anything but the individual are responsible for that person's actions. We have to own up to what we do. Even if we make horrendous mistakes, it was still a choice we made of our own free will. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Mmm yes. People's idocy is to blame for unfortunate accidents such as this car crash, and not video games or movies or anything of that sort. It's just dumb to try and pawn off responsibility from the individual to a game instead. If people keep traveling along this trend, soon we'll have a multitude of warning labels on every single thing we own like.......Pillows! "Beware of suffication. Beware that a pillow can be used as a bludgeon. Beware that the contents of a pillow should not be ingested."
I think that video games, movies, even books can be extremely influential in our behaviour. I do NOT think, however, that anything but the individual are responsible for that person's actions. We have to own up to what we do. Even if we make horrendous mistakes, it was still a choice we made of our own free will. You have no one to blame but yourself.

In fact we already have this idiotic trend which comes from the states where you can sue or be sued for just about anything. There's already that one group that gives yearly awards for the most stupid warning labels on things. The problem is that if they won't put it on, someone will sue them for it.
I read once an article about a bus that had a minor accident. By the time the cops arrived, 6 people had gotten on the bus and were complaining of whiplash injuries. Urban legend or fact, it does make a point.

In my opinion games have absolutely nothing to do with what you do unless you are mentally instable. If this is true, well you shouldn't have access to guns cars etc. People cant stand the idea that they don't know why something happened and / or dont want to except the real reason so they place blame on things such as video games.

See that's why I stick to the classics like Wing Commander...'cause you can't fly starfighters unless you work for Locheed. On a slightly less sarcastic note there comes a point where people have to be responsible for their own actions. I know that I can pass a lot of hours playing games and the day's gone before I even know it. I played games a lot while I worked inbetween undergraduate and grad school. I knew as soon as I started Law School the PS2 would have to go. And it did. I no longer have it (not like I have time to play anyway) and really don't play video games much anymore. (Also there is the fact no one is really creating video games I want to play, but that's another topic.)People have to take responsibliy for their own actions. Saying that "XYZ" made me do it doesn't cut it in my book unless one really has a mental defect. At which point lock them up in a padded room for their and everyone else's saftey. To quote Carlos Mancia: "Dee Dee Dee doesn't mean retarted, it means stupid!". And there are a lot of people that are well... Dee Dee Dee.

Oh my god, I cant believe that evidence that found a racing game such as need for speed would cause all the blame on videogames as the real culprit. Kids these days dont know the difference between right and wrong. They can mainly blame videogames for all the speeding accidents that happen, they should really take the blame on the parents that are not getting through their childrens head that you shouldnt speed moral. Im not saying that videogames should have a part in this, but that article seems like its blaming it soley on the game and not thinking of the other factors that are involved in the incident. I mean I been playing games all my life, and playing violent ones at that, but I have not done anything out of the ordinary. I know what is real and what is not. If you are taught about the difference from what is real and what is not maybe just maybe they wouldnt have been racing. Media, alone has more influence on kids these days that their parents alone cant battle against. Young minds follow the wrong trends, they are still confused not knowing what is cool and what is not cool. They dont know how to create their own image so they go ahead and follow what is seen in TVs, Movies, magazines, and so on. So sad that the world has come to this, but its only later till they understand.Ofcourse, Im not saying I was ever media free. I was somewhat influenced by the media. I used to create the image of how I dress by following the media, but now I know that that isnt me so I looked away from it. Im older and learned from my mistakes hopefully and eventually kids will learn from their mistakes as well and dont continue to make the same mistakes that they had made before.

Well I personally grew up from 4 and upwards watching everything from Terminator to"IT" and Chucky, and playing from Alex The Kidd to Mortal Kombat (and even 100 times more violent arcade machine games of the same genre).I went through life just fine without doing anything ridiculous based on a video game or movie. People that want go with it will, and that's there fault.However, I have to myself say that violent video games/movies etc can have bad influences on young children growing up (we all know how vulnerable we are at such young ages when we really don't know that much).But when you reach the stages of adulthood, there really should be no excuse like this even considered period.

Yeah you can't really blame the game or the game company when people do stupid stuff like that. It's not the game company's fault some people are too stupid to understand fantasy from reality... and also stupid from good sense. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have games (and alot of other stuff) because they're too stupid to think "ok... this wouldn't be a good thing to do." If people would stop and think about stuff before they did it, that would help ALOT of the problems we have today.

I agree with kgd on the fact that kids don't know cool from uncool. And media does have a part in what todays kids are doing. Let's say you get some teenager who is rebelious against parents/society. What ever the media makes up to be 'bad', these kids are going to do. Same way with the parents, go against rules and see how far they can push it. I'm not saying it's right, or that blaming a game is the answer. Kids are going to be kids, no matter what age. I have a 9 year old step-daughter that likes to see how far she can push the rules. We don't back down on our punisments for rule-breaking, but it still happens time after time. And when you throw in a teenager, looking for acceptance, popularity, I think things just get worse. I don't agree on blaming games/media for kids wrongdoing, I blame it on kids and their peception of what they think other kids would think of them if they did something.

I agree with kgd on the fact that kids don't know cool from uncool. And media does have a part in what todays kids are doing. Let's say you get some teenager who is rebelious against parents/society. What ever the media makes up to be 'bad', these kids are going to do. Same way with the parents, go against rules and see how far they can push it. I'm not saying it's right, or that blaming a game is the answer. Kids are going to be kids, no matter what age. I have a 9 year old step-daughter that likes to see how far she can push the rules. We don't back down on our punisments for rule-breaking, but it still happens time after time. And when you throw in a teenager, looking for acceptance, popularity, I think things just get worse. I don't agree on blaming games/media for kids wrongdoing, I blame it on kids and their peception of what they think other kids would think of them if they did something.

I'm a teenager myself, and I blame society, not just kids for it. Look at Much Music, they are the biggest influences in today's fashion, music and how people act! If it wasn't for Much Music, people pretending to be gangsta wouldn't spread.

xboxrulz

While alot of music and advertisement is a real crapper, they don't take full responsibility.If people are falling for the gangsta wannabe pitfall, why? What exactly does one benefit from acting like an idiot...... these people obviously don't know how to weight the situation.

While alot of music and advertisement is a real crapper, they don't take full responsibility.
If people are falling for the gangsta wannabe pitfall, why? What exactly does one benefit from acting like an idiot...... these people obviously don't know how to weight the situation.

That is true, nothing can be 100% responsible except for the idiots doing their idiotic actions.

xboxrulz