xisto Community
abandongamez

What Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

The question was "Which is the biggest hard drive", the question was not "is it useful?"Exactly as another very frequent question "Which is the fastest car" or "Which is the biggest car", nobody replies "Such a big car" or "such a fast car" is absolutely useless.By the way, IT companies continuously need more and more disk space, so for a commercial IT center it's normal to have several thousands of terabytes on disk. Of course, for a private user, some tens of gig's are enough. Simply consider that you need some tens of gigs for Windows (or some hundreds of megs if you use Linux) and then you need one byte for each key you strike on your text processing or spreadsheet file. And you need one meg for each picture you shoot with your own camera.

list from lowest to highest in bytesWhat Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

Here is a list of all the 
byte sizes. 

Bit = 1 Binary Digit 
Byte = 8 Bit 
Kilobyte = 1024 Byte 
Megabyte = 1024 Kilobyte 
Gigabyte = 1024 Megabyte 
Terabyte = 1024 Gigabyte 
Petabyte = 1024 Terabyte 
Exabyte = 1024 Petabyte 
Zettabyte = 1024 Exabyte 
Yottabyte = 1024 Zettabyte 
Brontobyte = 1024 Yottabyte 
Geopbyte = 1024 Brontobyte 
Saganbyte = 1024 Geopbyte 
Pijabyte = 1024 Saganbyte 
Alphabyte = 1024 Pijabyte 
Kryatbyte = 1024 Alphabyte 
Amosbyte = 1024 Kryatbyte 
Pectrolbyte = 1024 Amosbyte 
Bolgerbyte = 1024 Pectrolbyte 
Sambobyte = 1024 Bolgerbyte 
Quesabyte = 1024 Sambobyte 
Kinsabyte = 1024 Quesabyte 
Rutherbyte = 1024 Kinsabyte 
Dubnibyte = 1024 Rutherbyte 
Seaborgbyte = 1024 Dubnibyte 
Bohrbyte = 1024 Seaborgbyte 
Hassiubyte = 1024 Bohrbyte 
Meitnerbyte = 1024 Hassiubyte 
Darmstadbyte = 1024 Meitnerbyte 
Roentbyte = 1024 Darmstadbyte 
Coperbyte = 1024 Roentbyte 

1 Coperbyte is 989,292,945,639,150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes!

if there are any bigger add!Source: http://www.genericdomainmarket.com/domain/brandshome.com?utm_source=Brandshome.Com&utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=redirect

-reply by neetu singh

What is the largest hard drive in the worldWhat Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

The question is "what is the largest HD" not "largest capacity HD"! I am right now looking at a computer disk that is 14" in diameter!! The center opening is 6-5/8" (6.625")! It is bronze color on both sides. This must be from one of the largest disks ever made. I have found no info on it anywhere. Considering that my first computer came with a 10 MB hard drive, the storage capacity on this disk cannot be too big. Anybody have any info on this disk? ojebay@aol.Com

-reply by Jean

What is the biggest hard drive in the worldWhat Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

The biggest single hard drive I've seen is 6 TB.

-reply by anonomous

Actually the largest hard drive recorded to date (2011) is the Western Digital (WD) 'Caviar Green' - It leads the way, by pioneering the capacity to deliver a massive 3.0 TBs of storage on a single internal drive!3 Tb! Now that's capacity!See here for more information:https://www.wdc.com/

-reply by Puniksem

Your wrongWhat Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?There is no yottabye or saganbyte harddrives. There is yet to even be a yottabyte of information in the world, let alone a harddrive to host it. A youttabyte is a ((tBx1024)x1024)x1024) As of 2010 or sometime, there'd be an estimated amount of data on the entire internet in exabytes. That's still two multiples of 1024 below yottabytes. Not only that, to make a terrabit harddrive, it takes roughly the area of a cd-case but thicker. Multiply that area by 1073741824, and fit it in a room and call it a harddrive please. On average I'd guess an average harddrive to be about 3-5 inches by 3-5 inches by 1-4 inches. So lets just say 4x4x2. 32"³, multiplied by 1073741824, convered to feet.2863311530.6666666666666666666667 ft cubed.Which is 81079953 meters cubed.Think that's fitting in any building at any business? And that's just a single yottabyte. Let's go for Sagan next! Just kidding.

I know all about themWhat Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?Replying to iGuestI have info because my uncle worked on the very first binary computerIt comes in a set of ten disks that are stacked up on top of each other in a raid 1Meaning that you have all the info from the disks but the reason they are the same data is because the data is off set so that if the rest of the code is on the other side of the disk you don't have to wait for the disk to spin that half turn, the same as todays hard drives except todays hard drives have three disks and spin much faster. My uncle said they were nicknamed pizza ovens because of how big and hot they were. By todays standerds of data storage you could squeeze about 50 of them onto a flash card the size of a dime. If you have one to spare there is a computer museum opening up in Omaha, NE and they are looking for them-reply by briantalkingtech

biggest hard diskWhat Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?The biggest hard disk ever made for computer is 4terabite which is equal to 3897 gbIs'nt it amazingIt is used by organizations which have to keep big recordsLike nadra use4 tera bite hard dik and its price is 39,899rs ONLY-reply by saad javaid

I always pondered this question alot. How big is the biggest hard drive in the world? Does anyone know? I'm sure you cannot buy it at the store. And also, what's the biggest hard drive you can buy at the store? Because I need a quite large one for all my movies and mp3 and games. anyone please?

The limit for hard drive was 1 terabyte in 2011.
Now the limit extended to 1.5 terabyte.
However , the drives arrays or server allows to rich the 120 petabytes.
*One example is IBM build in 2011 was made up of 200,000 conventional hard disk drives working together.
Now, that is not the limit and the size of Hard drives can be greatly extended.

P.S:Personalty i don't see the justified reason for use that much of data, unless doing research on super computers.
* https://www.technologyreview.com/s/425237/ibm-builds-biggest-data-drive-ever/

The limit for hard drive was 1 terabyte in 2011. Now the limit extended to 1.5 terabyte. However , the drives arrays or server allows to rich the 120 petabytes. *One example is IBM build in 2011 was made up of 200,000 conventional hard disk drives working together. Now, that is not the limit and the size of Hard drives can be greatly extended. P.S:Personalty i don't see the justified reason for use that much of data, unless doing research on super computers. * https://www.technologyreview.com/s/425237/ibm-builds-biggest-data-drive-ever/

4 terabyte is the largest i can buy on our local shops at the moment... that is a single 4 TeraByte Disk

the biggest hard drive in the world is 5TB which i am using

it is made by my brother he was a hard ware engeneer he make a hard drive of

5TB and 7TB

the biggest hard drive in the world is 5TB which i am using

it is made by my brother he was a hard ware engeneer he make a hard drive of

5TB and 7TB

7TB, pretty nice. In which company is your brother working? My boss did not allow me to give a hard drive to my brother.
And is your hard drive alredy full with data?