xisto Community
abandongamez

What Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

the biggest hard drive ever made

The worldest biggest hard disk drive that has been made is 1 Millillion bytes that is equal to 1073741824 of yotta btyes !

-joe lucas

that's all good...but I have a hard disk with 6GB capacity and my sister has hard disk with 20GB capacity...isn't that good...i need more space but i can't get any money for it...my country sucks big time...i have a Honda CB450S and it's broken i need 1 /10 of the money i paid for it...and i don't have it...(about 150 Euro's)

that's all good...but I have a hard disk with 6GB capacity and my sister has hard disk with 20GB capacity...isn't that good...i need more space but i can't get any money for it...my country sucks big time...i have a Honda CB450S and it's broken i need 1 /10 of the money i paid for it...and i don't have it...(about 150 Euro's)

That are two different problems.The question was "which is the biggest hard drive in the world ?". Your own problem is "how much money is currently in my pocket?"
I have the same problem. At work I have 140 Terabytes in the main disk cabinet, and at home I don't have 600 megs free on my home PC.

I know this thread is old but wtf. 1.2 Petabytes for $750? What are you smoking? Today a single terabyte will run you 200+, so how do you figure a petabyte, being 1000 terabytes (I know, computers would view 1 petabyte as 1024 terabytes, but companies go by factors of 1000 instead of 1024), is only $750 dollars? As far as how big the biggest single hard drive is, which was asked a little over 2 years ago, we may never know. Bigger hard drives are constantly being developed, and although the ones on the market are in the 1-2 TB range, some in development may be much bigger than this but we just don't know about them yet.-Pyro

Philosophically speaking, actually, the biggest hard drive in the world is the thing that you always carry until you die. It's the human brain which has the largest capacity and longest memory.

Supposedly long-lasting memory. However, the human brain is cheating : he is constantly replacing lost connexions by new ones, refreshing the data in the old ones. And that is what the huge computing centers are actually doing too, replacing the faulti hard drives and copying the data from disks to tapes and from tapes to CD-roms, in order to constantly sustain a set of valid data despite the fact that each device has a limited timelife.Moreover, a rich computing center has potentially unlimited number of hard drives available, whereas the human brain has a limitited number of neuronal devices, each of them having to stop working as long as the human being becomes older, so progressiveley a lot of data become unreachable.

much bigger than you think

That have been hardrive built specifically for breaking records. I know in in 2001 a hardrive was created that contained 2 exabytes (1 million terabytes). I'm sure hardrives have been created as big as a room that could hold much bigger.

The Biggest Hard Drive ever is not a 2TB its a 1PB for all you people who don't know what that is it is a petabyte A petabyte is 1,024 terabytes, this hard drive would be insanely expensive but it does exist.

no it's 1000 tb, a pibibyte is 1024 tibibyte which in turn is 1024 gibibyte and so on.

Ah, the old gigabyte versus gibibyte argument. Reminds me of this webcomic, which sums up the confusion between "kilo" and "kibi" nicely. It's not until you start getting up to the ridiculous levels of storage in the terabyte range (or so) that it really kicks you in the teeth, though.

1 terabyte = 1,000 gigabytes = 1,000,000 megabytes = 1,000,000,000 kilobytes = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes1 tibibyte = 1,024 gibibytes = 1,048,576 mibibytes = 1,073,741,824 kibibytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes
So 1 tibibyte has 10% (or near enough to) more storage than a terabyte. I hate to think what happens when pibibytes and beyond come in to play, as people are going to start asking why their harddrives are substantially smaller than they believed advertised. Got to love consumer ignorance.

Your all wrong- I have a 30tb hard drive that I got in bestbuy
-reply by earth worm jim

You really bought a 30 terabytes disk in bestbuy ? I would be curious to know how much you have paid for that, and see if you have really seen yourselv writing 30 times 1000 gigabytes, and how much time you needed to write down such an amount of data.
Here at work my system was able to sustain 1 gig per seconds (1000 megabytes per seconds) so one terabyte in 20 minutes.
Are you sure you were working on such a system ?
Regards
Yordan

no such thing

Replying to yordanReplying to yordan

There's no such thing as a 30 TB drive. I'm a techy. The biggest working internal (or external) hard drive is the only fully-functional 1TB internal drive, made by Toshiba, four of which were built into a pc magazines dream machine for 2007.