xisto Community
abandongamez

What Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

I always pondered this question alot. How big is the biggest hard drive in the world? Does anyone know? I'm sure you cannot buy it at the store. And also, what's the biggest hard drive you can buy at the store? Because I need a quite large one for all my movies and mp3 and games. anyone please?

The biggest hard drive in the world is made by IBM and is 120 million gigabytes and can hold 60 copies of the biggest backup of the web or 24 billion typical 5mb songs or 150 billion pages that make up the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. It's pretty big...

... 120 million gigabytes and can hold 60 copies of the biggest backup of the web ...

are you saying it can hold 60 copies of the web? i'm sure the web is way more than 120million Gigabytes by now

are you saying it can hold 60 copies of the web? i'm sure the web is way more than 120million Gigabytes by now

OK, Bob said "the biggest backup". And, of course, the web is not a single website, each system needs to have a backup, and we can imagine that the biggest single backup somewhere is 20 terabytes, which of course needs to be multiplied by the number of single copies (monday backup, wednesday backup, week-end backup, monthly backup at least).

World's Largest Hard Drive

Some time ago the U.S. space agency is known by the name of the NSA began to build a hard drive with a capacity of one YottaByte, to accommodate a hard drive with a capacity of one yottaByte the NSA to use a room that has an area of ​​92 903 m2, to make the hard drive that is extraordinary that they needed approximately USD 2 billion, - according to their plan would complete the manufacture of hard inipada out in 2015, when we convert from yottaByte to GIGABYE it like this is the result:

1000 GigaBytes = 1 terabytes

1000 terabytes = 1 PentaBytes

1000 PentaBytes = 1 exabytes

1000 exabytes = 1 zettabytes

1000 zettabytes = 1 Yottabytes

Once you see the conversion value above perhaps you would also think that the capacity of this may be to accommodate the data that exist across the world. If we count when using the hard drive that has a capacity of one terabyte is 1000 billion tones aka hard drive in the wake of the NSA. But it seems appropriate that NSA requires the hard drive capacity for the purposes of this magnitude is important and usually the NSA also uses highly sophisticated technology and not in the market and the technology certainly has a large data storage capacity as well.

Notice from yordan:
Please do not forget to properly quote the text you copied from somewhere else

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/