xisto Community
Jguy101

Which Antivirus, Antispyware & Firewall You Use?

I am currently using norton 360 for my computers around the house, it offers good protection, and does now use much resource. It also is probably the best one that doesnt seem to affect start up time for me, while the others gave really bad start up times. Norton 360 offers everything from virus definitions, computer firewalls, online backup storage accounts, and defrag and cleaning features that happens automatically. That means no more having to remember to clean and defrag your computer ever so often. Norton 360 will do all that, I have yet to experience any problems or any viruses passing through to my system. More and more ppl are using anti-viruses other than norton as well, because I guess of there bad experiences with previous norton programs, but some of the other anti virus programs that they go after is mcaffee, pcillin, and a couple other programs that have fallen out of my memory unfortunately. But if you looking for a reliable program to use to protect your computer I would highly reccomend Norton 360 for your system and home.

Well I will tell what i useAntivirus: Avira Free Edition had it for like 1 year and its the best antivirus i ever know Simple to use Fast and Efective AntiSpyware : Spybot Search and Destroy also had it for 1 year it was the 1 best antispyware but not its going down Firewall : Windows Firewall and RouterNever had problems with this configuration Good topic

I have tried many Anti-Virus, finally I chose Nod32 as my partner. The reason why I choose it is just because my laptop is something old style with short resources. Nod32 is quite small and really works well for my laptop these days and drain little resources. Actually my original Anti-Virus is norton, but it take too much resources and my laptop load it very slowly. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Nod32 is the best and all others sucks. I choose Nod32 is just because it fit my laptop well. I only choose the right one, not the best one.

Winblows (XP)Antivirus : free Avira personal editionAntispyware : S&D Spybot, Ad-AwareFirewall : Outpost FirewallKubuntu (Jaunty)Antivirus : noneAntispyware : noneFirewall : none

What Antivirus software, antispyware software, and firewall do you use?
I currently use AVG Free, Spybot: Search & Destroy, and Windows Firewall.

Well this is some of the things that have me tired about the computers. I use the Kaspersky Antivirus and the Spyware Doctor to avoid the Spyware and the MalwareBytes to destroy Malware.

I use like Firewall the Windows Firewall but I think it doesn´t work like may work. I think this is some of the weaks in the Windows plattform. The Windows Security Center let a lot of what desire.

I recommend Comodo Free Firewall.

Things have changed a bit lately:Windows XP SP3:Firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall (still the best for outbound protection)Anti-virus: Avast Home editionSpyware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Avenger, Helios Lite, RootkitrevealerBrowser: OperaOther: HOSTS file and CCleanerWindows Seven RC1:Firewall: Comodo Personal Firewall Pro + Windows FirewallAnti-virus: AVG (it's the only free A/V that currently works on Seven, and it sucks)Spyware: Windows Defender (read: nothing)Browser: mainly Opera, something IE8Other: HOSTS file and CcleaneropenSuse 11.1:Firewall: iptablesAnti-virus: noneSpyware: noneBrowser: OperaOther: HOSTS file

I heard you can use avira and kaspersky (beta) in windows 7, though they haven't support it officially. Avira still a better choice then avg, at least for me :o

Anti-virus: AVG (it's the only free A/V that currently works on Seven, and it sucks)Spyware: Windows Defender (read: nothing)
Browser: mainly Opera, something IE8
Other: HOSTS file and Ccleaner

I've been using Avast for years now. It's not the best in detecting viruses but it's much more pleasant to work with compared to Anti-vir or AVG ... (and I usualy don't get a lot of viruses so I don't realy care about it's detection rate :o )

Now i use BitDefender Game Safe.

Before i had Outpost Firewall in combination with NOD32. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Here is the BitDefender processor usage:

Posted Image

BitDefender ram usage:

Posted Image

Memory usage below 5 mb? Is this real? BTW, is this the average usage or what?BTW, I don't really care because I don't use antivirus at this time.

At this time i am using Augnitium Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 + NOD32, and the results are incredible. They don't slow down your computer as Kaspersky or BitDefender, but you have even better protection than them. Im using the Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 with serial number (if any one wants it private message me, i don't wanna post illegal stuff here).

At this time I am using Avira Personal Free, and COMODO as firewall. I have been using them for about 1-2 years and have never had a problem. Long before that I used AVG Free and Zonealarm, although zonealarm was pretty good, I didn't like the amount of recources it used, glad I switched.