xisto Community
Jguy101

Which Antivirus, Antispyware & Firewall You Use?

I use mcafee firewall, virusscan, anispywear and everything else because i got it for free. I dowloaded it off Limewire and it said the previous sponseror already paid for it so i dont have to pay.

What Antivirus software, antispyware software, and firewall do you use?
I currently use AVG Free, Spybot: Search & Destroy, and Windows Firewall. :lol: [/color]

Like Ruben, I use Mac OS X. I have its firewall activated and am behind an Airport router which is tightened down. I do not worry about virsues--- Macs are well protected and I do not do much that is dangerous. I use F-protect on occasion to scan the shared drive for Windows viruses and I have used Clam-AV under Postfix to scan mail for viruses. I do not particularly want to pass viruses to Windows users that might not effect me.

I use NOD32 for my antivirus, it does a great job and uses very little resources, you don't even know it's running.I use my routers NAT protection as a first defence firewall, and I use zonealarm security suite with the antivirus disabled.I use zonealarm's antispyware function as my first defence against spyware/adware and I use spyware doctor as a scanner.A combination of these tools, in my opinion is a great defence.Of course you need to be careful what you download etc..-HellFire

I am currently using Norton Antivirus 2005 on my desktop computer along with Zonelabs Zone Alarm Firewall Pro which I did not purchase; I have a software for generating serials so it worked for me .It is working very fine but is using up most of my memory. Norton offers me live updates whenever I connect to the internet so I update virus definations and it is going on fine. If you are using Limewire there are high chances if viruses entering your system but never has my antivirus let me down though I use Limewire so much. Today it caught 3 Trojan Horses1 CyberWarrior.3172 Worms2 War32.system.CIf I did not have Antivirus my comp would be a breedind ground for viruses.Although I do not use any anti adware or spyware programs you can download Windows Defender which you can find on Google Search . For more queries on this topic you can mail me at rohanramanath@gmail.com ; Dean Solutions4u Enterprises.Hope You have a safe hosting and browsing.

Hi, i always Use AVG Free, SpyBot Search & Destroy and Windows Antispyware.

Suitability
AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition is the ideal product to protect your single home PC or workstation from external threats such as viruses, the Internet, and other network users.

* It is simple to install and operate. No IT expertise is required and it can run in the background, providing uninterrupted protection. All unauthorized network activity is blocked automatically, allowing you to get on with your work without worrying about external attacks.
* All file and e-mail activity is continually scanned to eliminate the threat of viruses.
* It is extremely fast, reliable and light on resources, so, no matter how demanding a user you are, it will not slow down your performance.

Special Features

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition comes with all the features you would expect from a professional antivirus and firewall product, plus much more...

* A 2 year license, so you can receive free updates and full product support for a whole 2 years. It includes free 24 hour a day e-mail access to Grisoftâs professional team of technical experts. Tell me more

2 Year License
AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition comes complete with a 2 year license, giving you double the value, compared with other manufacturerâs 1 year licenses. You have free access to all updates and technical support for the full term of the license and for all of the licensed PCs. You can purchase 1, 2 or 5 workstation licenses. If you require licensing for a network of PCs take a look at our Network Edition or see our full product listing.

Hide
* Free program updates are provided via ultra reliable Akamai servers. AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall updates itself automatically whenever updates are available. Alternatively you can update manually, or configure AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall to download updates at a scheduled time that suits you.
* Multiple language support in one package. No need to buy a special language version as all languages are included in the one product. A simple click of the mouse and the entire interface (including help files) will instantly change to your required language. Tell me more

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition comes complete with language support for all of the following languages:
Multiple Language Support
AVG Plus Firewall Edition
Czech Yes
German Yes
English Yes
French Yes
Hungarian Yes
Italian Yes
Dutch Yes
Portuguese Yes
Polish Yes
Serbian Yes
Slovak Yes
Spanish Yes

More information on language support and other languages.

Hide
* AVG holds the VB100% award and is ICSA certified, so you can be assured of the highest level of antivirus protection.
* AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition has many more features that make it the best value firewall protection available. More product features

More Product Features
o AntivirusThe powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It will also prevent the opening or executing of infected files.
o The AVG Personal E-mail Scanner checks every e-mail sent or received, providing much needed protection from e-mail borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora and all other SMTP/POP3 based email clients such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
o AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall can scan attachments of instant message services (like ICQ, MSN Messenger) for viruses and other threats.
o AVG provides support for the detection of "potentially unwanted programs".
o AVGâs scanning engine uses a unique combination of heuristic analysis and generic detection methods to detect all known viruses.
o Automatically attempts to heal/remove infected files and other threats such as trojans, worms, and java applets. Removed files are quarantined in the AVG Virus Vault.
o Standard configuration user interface allows simple operation for most users. More advanced users can use an advanced user interface to access all available settings.
o The AVG Resident Shield can include/exclude files from scanning based on individual file extensions.
o AVG Professional now supports Microsoft Windows 64 bit platforms.
o FirewallProvides full protection to ensure that your personal data remains private and safe
o Hides your PC on the Internet, providing protection from hackers.
o Access rules help prevent access from hackers, trojans, and worms.
o The AVG Configuration Wizard quickly defines default access rules for most popular software, making it even easier for users to set up.
o Flexible access rules allow the user to specify if traffic should be always allowed / blocked or if the user should be prompted to decide. Access rules can be applied to individual programs, so the user can give more access to trusted programs whilst strictly controlling access for other software.
o Simple creation of new access rules for new programs. As the program attempts to connect for the first time, AVG Firewall will prompt the users to accept or block access. From this selection a new permanent connection rule can be created.
o AVG Firewall supports multi-user logging in Windows XP. When no user is logged in, communication for all applications, that do not have a special rule defined, is blocked to provide maximum security against intrusions.
o The Stop All Traffic feature allows the user to temporarily block all traffic to and from the computer. The Allow Traffic button will resume traffic flow according to the normal operating rules.
o AVG Firewall provides full logging facilities to log all firewall activities.
o Advanced configuration can be set for each rule to provide access to extended settings that allow the user to define special services and network connections for a specific application.

Hide

Compatibility

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition is fully compatible with MS Windows. See our full compatibility list for further details.
Licensing

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition requires one license per computer, and is available in 1, 2 and 5 license packs. If you require licensing for more than 5 computers, you can purchase multiple license packs online. If your computers are networked we recommend AVG Network Edition. All AVG licenses are valid for 2 years.
Purchase / Download

Purchase AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition online.
Download a 30-day trial version of AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition.
Download documentation for AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition, including the user manual and reference guide.
Product Support

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Edition comes complete with all the help you could possibly need.

* Extensive context-sensitive help.
* Comprehensive online-help at our website
* Search our technical FAQ section, or contact our technical support team.
* Free 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, technical e-mail support.

Need more product help and support?

* Search our sales FAQ section for more product support, or contact our sales department.
* Get information on licensing options.
* Special licensing agreements for schools/charities.

I personally recomend AVG products

I use AVAST ANTIVIRUS, Free edition, IT works very well, It saved me from many virusesMostly trojans, Using it's ON-ACCESS scanningand also antivirus in my router.I use no anti-spyware The bad windows firewall, I mean I tell it to black EVERYTHING and it doen't block anything :P and another firewall (IN avast) and another 2 firewalls in my routerI seem to have many firewalls

i use norton (latest version) as my anti-virus, i use windows defender (also known as windows ant-spyware) and sygate firewall pro. I also have a firewall in my modem/router but i don't use it (no need so far..)

Currently, i use NOD32 for my antivirus. I dont have any firewall at the moment but i used agnitum outpost for that. I love Hitman Pro once a month atleast for my spyware and rootkit related stuff.

Anti-Virus : NOD32 - It's fast and doesn't drain a lot of resources unlike Norton at all. Efficient ... love itFirewall : Zonelabs. It's works ok, and free.Spyware: Spybot. Works efficient

I use eTrust Internet Security Suite:EZ AntiVirusPersonal FirewallPestPatrol Anti-SpywareAntiSpamI also have Spyware Doctor, and AOL Spyware Zapper.There was a time I had Norton Antivirus, but got a virus downloading an update for it - not the best of adverts for their product! I've also used McAfee, but the setup I have now is safest I've known.Rebecca x :D