xisto Community
chronogamer28

Boast Your Computers Specs. Feel free to brag

So I built this compy 1 year ago, and am about to upgrade my Vid card, but here goes:650w power supplyWestern Digital 250gig Hard Drive 7200 rpmP5n-e 850 SLI mobo Nvidia 8800 gts 320mb vid card (16x pci-e)2.4ghz Intel Dualcore 1066 fsb4gigs RAM (Conroe xms2)Even with my dual monitors, keyboard, mouse and all of the other accessories (except sound card..Don't need cause mobo has sound good enuf for me), this entire build cost me $1,000.isn't a single game out there (yet) that I cant run on max graphics. I play BF2 alot and it runs no hitches, I also played Doom and Oblivion on max and didn't get a single hitch either. If you are looking to build something that runs everything great, but wont completely bankrupt you, I would suggest this setup. -Modi

I normally prefer to build my own machines, but in the case of my latest laptop, retail was the way to go.I paid 650$ for my IBM Thinkpad z61m.Specs:All Black, standard "down to business" IBM attitude and feel, sturdy hinges, very little screen wobble and excellent picture quality (1280x800 res)Integrated 128 Intel 955gfx,3gbs RAM (max)1gb ethernet15.4in widescreen,120gb HD (7200RPM),1.66ghz Core Duo (not Core 2, unfortunately)Trackpoint Mouse (probably the reason I stick with IBM, honestly) & ThinkLight (for us night owls) are standard,I wanted to get one with the 4--- series intel wifi cards (N-compatible), but couldn't find it.4-In-1 Card Reader currently has: 4gb SD card being used by ReadyBoost (Running Vista Home Prem, SP 1.. soon to be Vista Business)PC Card Slot &PC Card Express SlotI'm going to purchase a 9cell battery instead of the 6 that comes with it,another one of my favorite features is IBM's use of "ultrabay" technologies...can get battery adaptions, floppy drives, lots of useful stuff,I'd certainly recommend the z61m to anyone who likes IBM, and just wants something that performs well ontop of that for personal/business mobility use.Regards,The Doc.Edit:Standard mem. was 2x512mb.. upgraded to 3gbs.

Edited by Doc.h0llyw00d (see edit history)

This thread is embarrassing for me, but thats alright, I'll post the specs I am on at the moment, but it won't be for long!Motherboard: Asus something or rather.. Not sure of the exact modelCPU: AMD Athlon 1.7ghzMemory: 256mb or Kingston RAMGraphics: Nvidia 128mb. FX series I thinkHDD: 80gb Seagate ParallelCase: 350w case with 1 back fan hahaLaugh away.

My specs are,2.8Ghz Dual Core (pentium D)512MB DDR1 Ram. (Sucks! Must upgrade)256MB Ati Radeon 9550 VGAModem 512Kb/s DSL (all I really get is like 50Kb/s. The DSL service in my country sucks!)My computer is 2 years old now.I am thinking of selling this. How much do you think I should sell this for?The only hitch is the ram being 512MB. I must get a good ram but then I will have to change my motherboard and VGA as well because my mtherboard only supports DDR1 RAMS. So instead of upgrading my computer, it is better to sell it and buy a new one.

My computer is 2 years old now.I am thinking of selling this. How much do you think I should sell this for?

Have a look a the nearest supermarket, how much do they sell a computer with a dual-core pentium ?
Then, you can sell your 2-year computer for 50% of the price of the supermarket new computer.

I got a few of themMain PC/FreeBSD box first off has 10 fansAMD Athlon XP2 3800+ 65WFatality AN9-32X SLI 3 GB RAM DDR2-800Dual Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS OC BTC 256 MB eachSoundBlaster Audigy SEWestern Digital 250GB SATA-300 7200RPMMacBook ProIntel Core Duo 2 Ghz2 GB RAMATI X1600 128 MB100 GB SATA-150not much but they do the job well

Don't know all of the specs, but my brand new laptop has the following:Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5450 1.66 Ghz, 667 Mhz FSB, 2 Mb L2 cacheUp to 358 MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X31003 GB DDR217" WXGA+ Acer Crystalbrite LCD320 GB HDDDVD Super Multi DL802.11a/b/g WLAN

I just upgraded my ram to 3gb now on my desktop. I am also working on putting in a second BFG 7900 GS OC so i can run dual SLI. I am just having the issue of not having a good enough PSU. Apparently I bought a bad one; Thermaltake PurePower 430w. Well it says 430 but is about 350 and also it is a ATX 1.1x with 2.0 connectors so you think its good. So now when I put in the second card it pulled too much on the 12v+ and also is pulling too much over the atx so the second card does not power up or spin the GPU fan. So I have a 600w psu on order.

Lian Li Aluminum caseAsus motherboard A8V-E SEAMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ running ~2200 MHz (overclocked)1.5gb RAM overclocked to 266MHzCONNECT3D Radeon X700 on PCI-E with AMD processor link5.1 Surround Sound AC97 OnboardSoundBlaster 32-bit Sound Card PCIXBOX ControllerMarvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet PCI-EUSB 3.0 (just kidding)160 Gb SATA Hard Drive...and my high school paid for it allI'll send pics for all the skeptics later

I like to build my own PC so i don't thinkl these are too bad.Motherboard: Asus M2N-E SLICPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+Memory: 2GB of Kingston DDR2 800Graphics: Nvidia 8800 GT 512MBHDD: 250 Maxtor SATACase: Xblade case with 750W power suply.Blu-ray: LG Super Mini BlueI don't need a radiator in my room any more because it gets prety hot.

I have a mid-range PC with the following specifications:Motherboard: Giga-byte EP45-DS4PCPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz)Memory: 4GB of Kingston DDR2 800MHz RAMGraphics: Nvidia 9600GT 1GB (Gigabyte)HDD: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPMCase: Asus Vento TA-D2DVD: Unknown LG Dual-Layer DVD BurnerDisplay: Samsung 2493HM 24" MonitorInput Device: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000The computer runs quite run, except for some sleeping problems with Windows Vista.

i m boosting my specs Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 4096MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 4096MB RAM Page File: 2252MB used, 21840MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT Display Memory: 2289 MB Dedicated Memory: 497 MB Shared Memory: 1791 MB Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor