xisto Community
sinistershadow

Whats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs Looking at getting new Gaming PC

Zotac 8800GT

Whats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs

I already buy a graphic card zotac 8800gt..I tried it because it clock high at 700mhz and more powerful than xfx 8800gt...But I didn't know if this type of graphic card has a problem...Anyone can help me?right now I face the problem when I play assassin creed..It not responding when 30 minute I play the game..I tried play back the game and 30minute it happen again...

-reply by hooligans85

With Multi-core, other stuff can use the other core if one is taken up by games. I hope they know to use most of the other one, but doubt it.With Multi-gpu (SLI), I think it's all done lower down, so OpenGL/Directx doesn't need the programmer to direct it about.I wanna make a quad-core, quad-card PC, hopefully on something small like microATX.

The current average gamer configuration in 2008 is any of the combination:- Quad Core- At least 4GB RAM- 500GB SATA HDD- ATi Radeon HD 4xxx series or NVIDIA GeForce 9xxx seriesThere are so many parts that you can mix and match to make your desktop to your liking.xboxrulz

try reaching a windows experience index of 5.0 and I'm sure ull be able to play games more smoothly.. Doesnt have to be 300 hdd memory..4g ram for vista is enough.. Processors and display adapters stated above is correct..This ill cost u about $800 for desktop  so why play games if u wont enjoy it? try working out with the quality though

-reply by corgen

System specs. . .Whats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs

First off, if you are getting a 32bit operating system, anything over 4gb won't be reported. Only 64bit systems make use of memory over 4gb. 

Secondly, the order of importance for gaming now is mostly this: CPU, Graphics, and finally system memory. Dual Core is mostly plenty for 90% of the game son the market to date, cause none are truely setup to make full use of the newer Quad core CPU's. Just get the best you can afford, in a Dual Core setup, unless you do tons of application work in windows, then a quad core will become a stronger asset.  For memory, again, if 32bit system go for 4gb, 64Bit system 4gb or more is fine, but will only improve load times by small amounts. Also memory wise, Stick to 800mhz or faster DDR2 memory and motherboard that support those speeds, or spend the lil extra for a good DDR3 usable Motherboard. Frompersonal exp, anything over 800mhz speed memory will only slightly decrease load times, just something to consider. Graphics wise I'll expand this to next section. 

Graphics, best broken down into two groups, ATI based and nVidia base cipsets. And single or dual+ setups.

ATI wise, a Single GPU will get you to med-high end of most current games, while Crossfire(dual GPU cards linked) will net you the highest for now anyhow. Look for 3 card setups in the near future tho all current games don't really take advantage of this yet and very limited Motherboard types for it as well as very costly.

nVidia wise, Single GPU is aboutt he same as ATI, with some being slightly better, due to increased shader abilities. SLI setups (dual cards with SLI Bridge able Motherboards) Offer some of highest gaming benchmarks around. Also slightly near future will see more option then the current few for tripple SLI (3 cards bridged) Motherboards. 

Cooling is as always a major downfall in most gaming systems. Make sure its running cool or you'll  greatly reduce your over all system performance and even possibly end its life way earlier then it should have. For cooling I suggest shoping around for either a good cooling system, several to choose from anymore. Or, make sure you get a tower that offers multiple intake and outflow fan ports. You'll suffer some extra noise depending on the style/cost of fans you go with, but a little noise vs. Dead hot system means the world. If not going with a gaming system cooling system itself, I'd suggest atleast 1 side fan intake on left side, 1 rear Intake(besides power supply) and 1 front Intake, with atleast 1 Top outflow fan. Several tower designs allow for this, even some are very stylish and lighted with LED's, looks rule you know =P. Such as my wifes system I built her for her gaming consists of a PCI card slot rear intake fan, Left side intake fan, Front lower intake fan and dual Top outflow fans, heat rises so speeding its exit will promote faster conductivity and cooling of your components. Plus a lot of newer fan kits are slim designed, with greater airflow with less noise, so don't go cheap on cooling above all else, or you'll end up wasting you money on big upgrades with lacking cooling. 

Also another thing to note is Power supplies. Depending on your system, and components, One power supply may be plenty, but make sure to read up on power reqs of your major components, which is your video card and fans. You may need 450-500w or even sometimes dual power supplies to manage your components well. Also consider this, as part of the heat factor, having dual power supplies, cuts down on the total avaiable power your system has. If you slot in a lot of fans with Crossfire or SLI bridged dual vid cards, you may peak out your power making your system suffer performance. Thus meaning either getting a larger power supply or less heat by getting dual power supply supporting towers. 

Also cost wise, some major manufacture's offer base systems at a cost far less then what you can buy the individual components for themselves. One of these notable merchants is Acer. I've custom built s couple really nice systems for nearly half the price by simply starting with one of their manufacture built systems and upgrading its components like adding memory and Video cards. Those most of these don't offer Dual PCI-E 2.0 slots on the MB, so make sure to read the specs sheet for them before going this route. And Stay away from name brands such as HP, Compaq and a few others, cause they don't offer a true windows meaning they don't have the full driver or support list of the same version of windows installed yourself. Microsoft has contracts in fact with HP and Compaq for a shell version custom built windows install for them, offering support initially for only their component lists, and making you struggle to perform upgrades yourself, or through a small tech shop even. But still, some other companies such as Toshiba and Acer offer some really nice base starter systems, to upgrade from with a cheap price tag attached.  In  fact I recently built a neighbor a decent gaming system for roughly 600bucks, by buying a Acer base system with pre-loaded software bundle, and adding in a good PCI-E 2.0 video card and another 2gb of memory. The system itself came with a good micro ATX tower with good cooling already, and a 19"widescreen HD LCD monitor. The base system was a measly 398.99 and just threw in a decent geforce 220 with 1gb ddr3 1080p HD, and 2gb matched pair Corsair PC2-6400 800mhz memory.

Almost forgot, Some wholesalers online will sale you really nice barebones starter kits for really good prices. Just add couple components and operating system and your done. 

-reply by DRFolsom

decent system specsWhats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs

For a budget gaming PC I would probably go for:

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor4GB DDR2 Ram500GB Hard DriveATI Radeon HD 4870 GPU800W PSUWindows 7 32-Bit

For a real high performance gaming PC I would go for:

Intel Core i7 Processor8GB DDR3 Ram1TB Hard DriveATI Radeon HD 5970 GPU1000W PSU Windows 7 64-Bit

I hope this helped :)

-reply by anonymous

Good Gaming System - Around $8425 Whats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs

1. Logitech™ diNovo Edge Desktop 2. SilverStone Optical Disc Drive (TOB 02) 3. Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB Sata Hard Drive (WD2001FASS) 4. Asus Radeon HD 5970 2GB DDR5 (EAH5970-G-2DIS-2GD5-A) 5. Intel® Core™ i7-920 Processor 6. G.Skill F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3-1600 4GBX4 7. Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000W Power Supply (RSA00-EMBAD1-EU) 8. Antec Twelve Hundred 9. Intel BOXDX58SO Intel X58 LGA 1366 Motherboard 10. Creative Gigaworks 750 7.1 Speaker (MF7010) 11. SONY LCD TV KLV-40ZX1 

-reply by Jenney

For midrange gamers, I suggest my current specs.Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard (will soon upgrade to Asus P7d or P6)Core 2 duo 7400 (planning to upgrade to Core i5 or i7)1 tb seagate250 gb seagate for back up4 gb of DDR2Samsung 32x ODDPalit GTX 260 core 216 Sonic edition700w HEC cougarWith my current rig, I am able to play all games in high settings with atleast 40 fps in my 26" LCD TV.What do think guys.

Can I ask for your help or assistance?I wish to buy or assemble a pc for gaming but I don't know where or how to start, I'm kinna tight in budget so I wish to use I3 processor and 1G of video card particularly Inno but what type, so I wish to know which is best type of motherboard (intel or asus description) but able to upgrade to 2G of video card, also the powersupply and stuff, I'm from philippines by the way, I hope you can help me.Thank you.-reply by noel

I wish I had some money for upgrading... Well see what happens on Black Thursday or Friday, I forget which one. *Yawn* :|

I wish I had some money for upgrading... Well see what happens on Black Thursday or Friday, I forget which one. *Yawn* :|

What are you expecting from a Black Thursday ? Do you think that we will see a lot of High Quality Gaming PC's gently floating in the air, waiting us come and catch them?

What are you expecting from a Black Thursday ? Do you think that we will see a lot of High Quality Gaming PC's gently floating in the air, waiting us come and catch them?

No, but what I do see, are a lot of over stocked or limited quantity of newly released High Quality Gaming components up for sale at various local on online vendors up for the grabbing while supplies last.

True story... my friend's friend was in a store of such a mechant and saw a Tom Tom GPS on a clearance table at 50% off. A floor manger walked by saying what's the price. When he replying the manager gotta message on his two way radio... and said bring it to the register and I'll mark 50% off.

So the guy after telling the manger what the 50% off price was, went to register to check out. As a clerk scanned the bar code, which read the 50% off price. The manager came by and asked the clerk... 'what's the price? Good. Mark 50% off for this gentleman.'

By the time the clerk realized what he did. Cause he knew the price was discounted. And the manager already made a verbal agreement. My friend's friend was already browsing some other items on his way out the door. Sure the manager or clerk could have stopped him but he just let him go. So he go a new Tom Tom for 25% of the original price! How's that for a Sale?

:)

Yeah! My laptop is coming in Woo! Hoo! I can't wait! 'We have the technology!' I was patiently waiting for the IBM/Lenovo people to do their magic - and build me the zenith of laptops. It just shipped out today, this morning, on a Sunday. I'm talking...Core i7! 8GB of DDR3 Ram!1GB of AMD ATI video!Windows 7 Home Premium... but who cares when you have TechNet!320GB HD... but who cares cause I'm gonna get a Patriot Solid State!Wifi/Broadband... but who cares when you have a MiFi 2200!Gigabit Ethernet/USB3.0Remote, 3d Glasses :Dforget the local PC shop down the corner... Staples, Office Max, Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, RadioShack, and even Best Buy didn't have anything I wanted. Sorry Dell, Toshiba, Sony, HP/Compaq, Acer, Asus.levimage :)

Edited by levimage (see edit history)

For Gaming AMD processor is the best. But if you like to operate on Pentium processor then Pentiam also not bad option for gaming PC. In AMD I would suggest you Athlon 64. For the gaming I bought this PC and not just I use this PC as a gaming also I use this PC for my Professional work. But remember to buy more than 1GB of Ram with it.Pentium is also a good option. Pentium also supports all the softwares means you can perform every operations on it . But I don't know about whether all the gaming softwares run on it or not.