xisto Community
sinistershadow

Whats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs Looking at getting new Gaming PC

For Gaming AMD processor is the best.Pentium is also a good option. Pentium also supports all the softwares means you can perform every operations on it . But I don't know about whether all the gaming softwares run on it or not.

The problem is not coming from the processor. As long as it' a Windows-32bits game, it will work on any Windows hardware, whether it's Intel or AMD. The difference will come from the graphic and mouse adapter : if the game uses some ATI hard-coded instructions, it will not work on non-ATI adapters, for instance. That's why clever game conceptors create games supposed to work on all home PC's.
Of course, if you are talking about price/performance ratios, then AMD could be more interesting, but it's not a question of processor types, it's a matter of manuferturers pricing policies.

I'd suggest staying away from any major PC distributor, actually. Especially if the insurance is covering a new system. I dunno if they'll really pay for anything, but I'd suggest checking out a smaller PC Build/Repair shop near you. Why? Well at least at the PC shop I work at we put a lot of emphasis on taking good care of our customers. Little business can't really afford a bad reputation, or even a minorly bad one. You'll probably get better service at a lower cost, too. Once again, the little businesses can't afford to just ignore their customers like the bigger ones.

I never actually thought of checking out local pc retailers for gaming pc parts! :)
I remember going to one that seemed like a very reliable place. Supposing we wanted to build our own computer though, (and not deal with the cost of labor that they would charge,) would it make sense to make an online build at a place like, say, Newegg, and then visit our local retailer to actually purchase the parts?

The problem is not coming from the processor. As long as it' a Windows-32bits game, it will work on any Windows hardware, whether it's Intel or AMD. The difference will come from the graphic and mouse adapter : if the game uses some ATI hard-coded instructions, it will not work on non-ATI adapters, for instance. That's why clever game conceptors create games supposed to work on all home PC's.Of course, if you are talking about price/performance ratios, then AMD could be more interesting, but it's not a question of processor types, it's a matter of manuferturers pricing policies.

I've never heard of a game developer using graphics manufacturer-specific techniques so it only works on a certain brand of hardware.
Edited by tgp1994 (see edit history)

ATI Radeon Graphics Card Vs MSI Graphics CardWhats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs

ATI Radeon Graphics Card Vs MSI Graphics Card which one better I want to buy for my gaming pc? What are advantages of ATI Radeon over MSI Graphics Card, I found Graphics Card Price List in India on desktophelp forum. Please suggest me something...

-reply by mukeshg

computer gaming specsWhats A High Quality Gaming PC Specs

(intel core 2) - good for gaming, browsing internet and other programsSpecs:CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6ghzMemory – 2GB DDR3HDD- 320GBVideo Card – 1GB DDR3

-reply by Paolo D. Fabay

Yeah guys I have a dell studio xps 7100 older model but still works well with most of today's games. Here are the specs of mine.1 tb sata hard drive6 gb of ddr3 ram and four dimm slotsAmd phenom 11 x6 proccesorAnd a ati radeon 6450 hd graphics cardAll this for a good price and I run all the games I play great heres a few games I play on my pc.Mw2Black opsWow (World of Warcraft)OblivionRiftAnd a few others but mainly that and they run good I sudjest this pc.-reply by Thomas

Yeah guys I have a dell studio xps 7100 older model but still works well with most of today's games. Here are the specs of mine.1 tb sata hard drive6 gb of ddr3 ram and four dimm slotsAmd phenom 11 x6 proccesorAnd a ati radeon 6450 hd graphics cardAll this for a good price and I run all the games I play great heres a few games I play on my pc.Mw2Black opsWow (World of Warcraft)OblivionRiftAnd a few others but mainly that and they run good I sudjest this pc.-reply by Thomas

not as old as my Acer 5810TG - HD 4330 with a sh!tty Core Solo 1.4GHz and 4GB DDR3 RAM... CPU is a real bottle neck... although i don't really play games, it runs the old Warcraft III Frozen Throne on medium to low settings lol... and lags big time when i run it with more than 6 or so opponents

What's about the amd vs intel thing as far as gaming is concerned. I have heard lots of people saying that in terms of games and multimedia, AMD have a certain edge over their intel counterparts but on the other hand, intel are much efficient. I don't get this. I personally use both intel and AMD CPUs. The discussion that AMDs produce a lot of heat is absolutely correct and that intels are much more efficient in terms of power usage is also quite true. Intels also run cooler. The thing I want you folks to think about is that more heat production means lesser performance. And when you perform heavy tasks, like running games, the amount of heat produces is very likely to affect the performace. So theoretically, intels (as they run cooler) should be better performers in terms of games as compared to AMDs (which run at a higher temperature).One additional thing you folks need to think about is that gaming is more dependant on GPU than the CPU. So no matter whether you have AMD or Intel, if you don't have a good GPU, you would never get a good performance out of your machine.But again, things might not be as simple and theoretical in practical life. As an example, I have AMD Nx380 triple core processor with Ati hd 4250 GPU (which I don't understand to be integrated or dedicated). My friend have intel core i3 second generation with hd 3000 graphics. Now theoretically, the intel system should perform better in terms of games (as both CPU and GPU are better and newer) but in contrast to this assumption, the AMD one runs better. (the comparison is for FIFA 12), which might have some specific issues with the hd 3000 graphics.)