xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

FTP Software, What Do You Use?

What ftp software do u use? im dying to find out which is best.

1064320410[/snapback]

alzip iss a really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD program helped me alot! idk if it can help you!

I use Windows Defaults's FTP :o

I mean just type the Address in the Internet Explorer as :

and thats it ....
Everything works fine in my case ...

Regards:
Samya Khalid

I agree, Window's Default FTP is much simpler. For one thing, you don't have to wait for the FTP software to load. Also, you can use the FTP windows as a normal explorer window, making transfers and deletions much simpler.There is a command prompt version of that too (ftp), but I doubt anyone uses that.

AceFTP is a really good program with also some quite advanced option, it's not so direct like Flashfxp that I personally prefer but it's a good choice, it's all about what do you need.. otherwise ther's always space for the cmd client :D

I had a problem with Windows' default FTP client. Besides the huge and sparkling disadvantage (for me) that is doesn't support passive FTPing (AFAIK), I also don't trust it with long downloads/uploads. It's like downloading an ISO of a DVD (4GB file, more or less... :P) with Internet Explorer, you just can't be quiet, and you really are better off using a download manager that supports resuming.Anyways, not that FileZilla supports resuming, but it really makes me feel safer. And it's site manager is a nice feature that Windows doesn't have. The FileZilla Server is also constantly run on my computer for distributing files to my friends. The MSN messenger file transfer is dressed up in drag and standing at a busy intersection as far as I'm concerned. :D

I use CoreFTP. Core is free and very professional... I mean, even the latest edition of WS_FTP Pro has an annoying bug in it but Core is stable! It's very nice.I suggest you check it out! :D(BTW, it's for Windows, I don't think there is a Linux one. I do most of my web development on my Windows machine)

Edited by nightfox (see edit history)

I use SmartFTP,it's fast and free.Though I can't really compare it to outher FTP clients,since SmartFTP is the only FTP client i'v ever used.

I use and love FileZilla. The only problem I have is that I have tried all installation routines and it still doesn't save my preferences.

I've been using WSFTP95 since (obviously) 1995.I run into one issue ... but I'm not sure if it is a limitation of WSFTP or a limitation of the server.When I am connected, I can't list my .htaccess file, or any files that don't have an extension. If this is caused by using WSFTP, what would be better to use?Thanks,Gin