xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

FTP Software, What Do You Use?

Although I have seen the query on these forums before the answer is still the same FileZilla it is fast and it is free right at this link and you should be just fine. There are others but on my machines that is the only FTP client, plus I have FileZilla Server on my machine for testing purposes.

What ftp software do u use? im dying to find out which is best.

I assume that you mean an FTP client, not a server.
I'm not sure that there's one that's best. You have to find one which suits your needs and tastes. I like WS_FTP Pro, mainly because the synchronization gadget is very flexible, and thus well suited both to making backups and to emergency restores. I also like having a pretty active user-to-user support list, as well as more conventional support.

WS_FTP Pro is certainly not free for people who use it to maintain profit-making sites, and may not be free for anyone any more. If you have no strong preference, don't forget that there are a lot of free FTP clients around.

I use AceFTP, it's a pretty good FTP client. The interface is clean and user-friendly, seldom screw up often, it's reliable and connects and deconnects fast. The free version shows an ad whenever you exit the program though.

If you search properly you will find very good threads running this topic already. But for time being I would like to say that Filezilla, SmartFTP and ACEFTP arew good among the free ones.

Because of the need to upload or download multiple files at a time, FileZilla is the best FTP manager for the job!! You can allow up to 10 file upload / download at a time, quickening up the job by the truckload if you have broadband connection. I was pretty amazed at how quick it happened!!Trust me, the connection for uploading was not that fast but still... 10 files at a time meant "no problemo"!!Get FileZilla right now, today. Search with Google...

If nothing else, just open an explorer window (in Windows, of course) and just type in the url (make sure you prefix it with ftp://) and you have a basic graphical FTP client right there. It's not the best, but if you just want to cut-and-paste 1 or 2 files it's quick and easy.

I would definetely have to say that SmartFTP is the best. I mean, it offers so much more variety and resources that other FTP servers. Plus it is free so you don't have to buy a professional one because it is already professional!If you want other hosts I would try CuteFTP because that is also good but you have to buy the full version.Another free FTP server that is the full version is FileZilla. It is also good but I don't think it's much compared to SmartFTP. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions allI'm trying FileZilla right nowI'll test out any other ones that seem good if I find this one insufficient in any way ><