xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LikMeBalleFM

Extracting Videos From Ps2 Games

A little search on google found me this :

I found alot of good info on how to extract the PS2 movie files. It only works for FFX and FF X-2, you can extract them but that's not the problem when I try to get the movie clip and the audio together is when I seem to get stuck cause it just won't work. You have to do things differently for every single game, there isn't a general tool for them all. Its a pain in the a**!! not every game has pss files so pssplex will only work on about 10% of the PS2 games outhere, there just has to be an easier way to do this like burning DVD movies.

i dont play ps2 game so i wouldent know much, but i guess many others here would help u .. :D

cheers

ThnX man allthough that only works for like 10% of the games (lol) I`m a step closer to my goal.Hope more poeple here on asta knows more about this,which I`m pretty shure is the case.I`ll just wait and see, betcha tonight I get some answers.El

Get a Video Capture device and record the output like we did in the olden days with the NES and Sega Gensis. Although back then we'd hook 'em up to a VCR. Yeah its, not the highest tech way of "ripping" vis from any platform, but it works.Cheers

just out of curiosity, does this method really work in this day, with the latest media? I mean this holds true for a screen capture on a PC, even if he has to connect his TV with his PC, what i am guessing is that he needs " ALL " the movies in it including the cut scenes till the end. It Would be hard if he has to play the whole game again and record the scenes :D

There should be a much easier was I think, afterall, files shoudl be stored somewhere on that disk, it is just the matter of finding the program that can do that. I have been told that most PC game contents can be extracted. I dont have any high-end programs to play with though, but would love to hear if anyone had positive results with it.

ok I asked the same question many moons again and found that if you buy video express( its a usb devise with the place to plug ur ps2 into) you can easily capture the video from that. Hope this helped.

You're going to need:-Video and audio out from TV (or straight from console if you like)-A cable/other device to carry signal into:-Video and audio in to computer-software that records video and audio inputNot sure where to get all of this, just know that in theory this is how it would work.

How about extractorExtracting Videos From Ps2 Games

I remember I used to(probably still do in one of my old archives) a pack for ripping pss files out of a ps2 game

it used a program called extractor and The File Splitter that would first split the dvd into different archives and put them on your pc then you use the extractor to look for mpeg files it would find the pss files then after you extracted them on to your hdd it you could use pss plex or whatnot to make a avi out of it

it works on alot of games from drakenguard, starocean, FF, Dot hack, even the startup movies from soul calibur 

-reply by dyingdemon

Regarding your method...Extracting Videos From Ps2 GamesReplying to heimdall99Technically, it could be done on every game, but every company uses complex encryption for their files in the DVD, and thus even creating new never-before-seen formats. The harder part is recognizing which file(s) is/are the video file(s) since we don't know the formats.-reply by Heavenwargod

ripping FFX and FFX-2 files to PC...Extracting Videos From Ps2 Games

Peoples...I SERIOUSLYWant to know... Is there a program I can download to be able o extract wmv files off FFX and FFX-2 games to my pc...Please, if there are and you know the links please reply with them ^ ^

--angelicXglitter--