xisto Community
Nemisis

Evolution Or God... How were we created?

I don't believe in any religion, as it is impossible that a 'god' could exist. However, the theory of evolution doesn't answer all questions; why are we here in the first place.
The only way we can ever know is if we know how the universe was made, and the big bang isn't correct (where was the matter in the first place).

I think you're mistaken on a few counts. There is no more proof that there is not a god than there is that there is a god. You are atheist, and I am agnostic, so our theories are not too different, but you should consider that in order to know for sure that there is nothing more than what is in front of your eyes, then like you said, you'd need to know the way the universe was created, which you do not. The big bang theory is a basis, not an absolute. It does not stop at what they have so far, but mankind must solve enigmas like their reason for existing one step at a time. The matter could have been in a fourth dimension, for all we know.There could be any number of explanations for it, and we just have not discovered them because we are but humans. so before assuming something is /not/ correct, you should be a little bit more open minded. There is a difference between skepticism and stubbornness. Stubbornness is the reason no one wants to admit their religion could possibly be wrong in the first place. so you may as well believe in a religion if you emit the same mode of mentality. I'm not criticizing, just sharing views B)

it is impossible that a 'god' could exist

I would be interested to know how you came to that conclusion.

I guess I believe in guided evolution. God created all the processes and interactions that we call 'science', it only makes since to me that he would work through his creation. So, imo, God created the process of evolution with the intention that human beings would be the result. I see no reason why science and religion can't work hand in hand.

one thing I don't like is that people who were brought up to believe a religion. I think it's choice. Let the person decide for him/herself and not choose it for him/her.
Well, it's all my opinion of course :o

xboxrulz

Man do I agree with you. I am a born again Christian but this is another issue on which I have a parting of ways with my bretheren. I believe that learning to think for oneself and make well balance decisions for your own life is a much more important thing to teach your children than trying to insure that your children make the "right" choice. It is why the fact that me and my wife belong to different religions does not bother me, or even the fact that my wife takes the children to her church. I think a wide exposure to different points of view can only help my sons make better and more informed choices of their own.

I would like to bring to the notice of all Christians here, that the word Man comes from the Hindu mythological character 'Manu', who is known to be the saviour of the world. In Hindi, we call man 'Manav'.As all of you know that most European languages are derived from the Indo-Aryan language Sanskrit, indicating that the Indians and the Europeans were one tribe living in central asia, europe.All the core english/german words are derived from Sanskrit. Sanskrit and Greek seem to come from the same parent source.Also Hinduim being the oldest religion on the face of this earth, I find it appropriate to suggest the Hindu version of the begining of Mankind.Mankind was created by God, and in general no particular people started it. The evolution of Mankind is divided in Yuga's. After each Yuga, there is an Armaggedon, after which the mankind ends and all traces of it are erased. A new session then commences. There are four yuga's that continue in cycle. The Satya yuga, Dwapar yuga, Treta yuga, and the Kali Yuga.Kali Yuga is what is going on currently, and is calculated to end on 21 Dec 2012 (just calculated on the basis of end of Treta Yuga).satya yuga sees the best of mankind with zero vice.in the next yuga vice is introduced and man loses moral values.then vice gains more and more popularity in the next yuga.in Kaliyuga, vice is at its highest, and Lord Shiva shall himself come on earth to finally end the civilization (in form of natural calamity and disaster).You may research more on this for your knowledge. I would also like to mention that as per the Nasa research, our common ancestorial language, Sanskrit, is as of now the world's most well formed language. It is the world's ONLY unambiguous grammar, perfectly suitable for making a Natural Language Processor. Also, it has been quoted as a marvel of human brain by most linguists.So if those people who spoke this language drew out these beliefs, I think its worht knowing about.

I would like to bring to the notice of all Christians here, that the word Man comes from the Hindu mythological character 'Manu', who is known to be the saviour of the world. In Hindi, we call man 'Manav'.
As all of you know that most European languages are derived from the Indo-Aryan language Sanskrit, indicating that the Indians and the Europeans were one tribe living in central asia, europe.
All the core english/german words are derived from Sanskrit. Sanskrit and Greek seem to come from the same parent source.

Also Hinduim being the oldest religion on the face of this earth, I find it appropriate to suggest the Hindu version of the begining of Mankind.

Mankind was created by God, and in general no particular people started it. The evolution of Mankind is divided in Yuga's. After each Yuga, there is an Armaggedon, after which the mankind ends and all traces of it are erased. A new session then commences. There are four yuga's that continue in cycle. The Satya yuga, Dwapar yuga, Treta yuga, and the Kali Yuga.
Kali Yuga is what is going on currently, and is calculated to end on 21 Dec 2012 (just calculated on the basis of end of Treta Yuga).

satya yuga sees the best of mankind with zero vice.
in the next yuga vice is introduced and man loses moral values.
then vice gains more and more popularity in the next yuga.
in Kaliyuga, vice is at its highest, and Lord Shiva shall himself come on earth to finally end the civilization (in form of natural calamity and disaster).
You may research more on this for your knowledge. I would also like to mention that as per the Nasa research, our common ancestorial language, Sanskrit, is as of now the world's most well formed language. It is the world's ONLY unambiguous grammar, perfectly suitable for making a Natural Language Processor. Also, it has been quoted as a marvel of human brain by most linguists.
So if those people who spoke this language drew out these beliefs, I think its worht knowing about.

although i dont believe in an almighty god.. i find yours very interesting. The interesting part is god was created by man. in these sense god is just an overseer of man. Unlike the other gods, the christians and muslims, their god has been the tool for oppression. History dictates that religion has been a tool for oppression be it christian or muslims. If you will argue with me then i suggest you should study the history of man and how religion affected it. Like for example in the communal society of pre-historic man, the most powerful person in their small community is the priest and whatever their priest says they follow for it is the word of a higher being. Its the same today its just more complicated thats why the vatican can deny it. But look who owns thousands of hectares of land, the church, and the peasant? they don't have lands. the clergy man already took it. i think im getting out of point.. bye...

although i dont believe in an almighty god.. i find yours very interesting. The interesting part is god was created by man. in these sense god is just an overseer of man. Unlike the other gods, the christians and muslims, their god has been the tool for oppression. History dictates that religion has been a tool for oppression be it christian or muslims. If you will argue with me then i suggest you should study the history of man and how religion affected it. Like for example in the communal society of pre-historic man, the most powerful person in their small community is the priest and whatever their priest says they follow for it is the word of a higher being. Its the same today its just more complicated thats why the vatican can deny it. But look who owns thousands of hectares of land, the church, and the peasant? they don't have lands. the clergy man already took it. i think im getting out of point.. bye...

Well, yes, you do make a point with the oppression concept. But let me ask you one simple question:
How do you explain the universe? Science will fail to explain that for the next ten thousand years...

Every religion has the concept of heaven and hell, and thousands of people have had life after death experiences, so lets follow the theory the way it has been followed for thousands of years.

The western world discards the non-linear evolution concept and believes that mankind evolved into a scientific society only centuries ago. But matter of factly its absolutely not true as per my beliefs (and many other's).
Life form has been extinguished by the use of advanced weaponry during the war of 'Mahabharata', an Indian epic. You can google "Mahabharata Nuclear Weapons" to find some interesting links. I will quote a well known excerpt which is widely available in science literature:

Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way."
When asked in an interview at Rochester University seven years after the Alamogordo nuclear test whether that was the first atomic bomb ever to be detonated, his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history."

The Ancient Indian Vimanas are also good to read about. http://ufo.whipnet.org/creation/ancient.aircraft/india.html
You will find many links and entry is also on Wikipedia.

Now what I want to read for sure is about the Nine Unknown Men and their purpose... may be it helps in something about the oppression theory.

Firstly, this is the type of topic that in 99% of all cases ends up the in flaming of other people. So, please be careful and considerate when making your post and don't deamonise others for their beliefs, whether it is in an omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent being, or whether it is down to science.===================Whether evolution or God, I just don't understand the concept of why. I know that sounds stupid and immature, but shouldn't we concentrate on the short-term and what is here. Rather than speculating on something that is truly out of our comprehensible reach at this point in our life.

People will never be able to agree on how did we become what we are now. There is always someone whose opinion is different. I think there is no such thing as God, but I don't insult people who do. It is in fact good to have something to believe in, someone you can blame for everything :o But I prefer saying that the Big Bang wazs the beginning of everything and that there weren't any forbidden apples etc.

I think you're mistaken on a few counts. There is no more proof that there is not a god than there is that there is a god. You are atheist, and I am agnostic, so our theories are not too different, but you should consider that in order to know for sure that there is nothing more than what is in front of your eyes, then like you said, you'd need to know the way the universe was created, which you do not. The big bang theory is a basis, not an absolute. It does not stop at what they have so far, but mankind must solve enigmas like their reason for existing one step at a time. The matter could have been in a fourth dimension, for all we know.There could be any number of explanations for it, and we just have not discovered them because we are but humans. so before assuming something is /not/ correct, you should be a little bit more open minded. There is a difference between skepticism and stubbornness. Stubbornness is the reason no one wants to admit their religion could possibly be wrong in the first place. so you may as well believe in a religion if you emit the same mode of mentality. I'm not criticizing, just sharing views :o

well argued. I certainly agree with you on how many opposed to religion are as equally dogmatic about their position as the zealots they accuse. I'm not even sure how an atheist can look at themselves in the mirror and say, without a shred of doubt, that there is no God. That is as equally faith requiring as one who believes in a higher power. Perhaps they forget that absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. In any case, it should be noted that whatever belief system you ascribe yourself to, you are bound to all its strengths and weaknesses. And as such, can only approach an approximation of truth.

Okay, I think there is a lot of misunderstanding on the subject. Humans did not evolve from apes. Evolution states thats humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor. And evolution is not random, and it's not a mistake that just happens to work. Mutations that benefit that the organisms that have them are more likely to increase the likelihood of survival for those organisms. Increased survival allows for more reproductive opportunities, meaning more offspring. Natural selection is extremely picky, and most mutations do not result in new species. The creation of new species takes time and restrictions. As for the "link" between humans and apes, have you ever seen the skeleton of a prehistoric man? There was a skull found that supports the close relationship of humans and apes, but I honestly do not remember what the name of the skull was called. If I find it, I'll be sure to post it.

And for those who believe that humans could not be a result of evolution because God created man in his own image. Well that just makes us aliens. Which, if you think about it, explains a lot. ^_^