xisto Community
Nemisis

Evolution Or God... How were we created?

1) How can a fiery meteor turn into apes?

A âfiery meteorâ doesnât turn into apes right away. And just to point it out: life is not believed to have come on a rock â more likely it came in a comet. Comets are also called âdirty snowballsâ which is very appropriate. Comets are a combination of dirt and ice and it is not at all strange to believe that bacteria could have survived in the core of such a comet.At the time when Earth is supposed to have been hit by such a comet there was no atmosphere â it came along with the water! So before there was water there was no atmosphere. As there was no atmosphere the comet didnât evaporate like meteors do nowadays.
The comet would crash down into the Earth and the impact made the ice melt and the bacteria to be released. The bacteria would then multiply and slowly new molecules were made by these bacteria resulting in water. And with the water came the atmosphere. I donât know the exact method used by these bacteria, but many bacteria and algae today make the same process so it is well known. Maybe a wise biologist could explain it⌠:)
It has actually been proposed to send some of these bacteria to Mars and within 100,000 years they would have turned the red planet into a new Earth we could inhabit.
When the water first was created the bacteria began to evolve into single-celled creatures and over time these became more complicated multi-celled creatures. This process continued for many hundred million years and small jellyfishes began to appear. The process went further and created fishes, amphibians, reptiles and in the end mammals. Small mammals evolved into bigger ones ending up with the apes.

2) How come apes evolved into what we are now?

The evolution of apes into humans took a very long time. You should be aware that we donât descend from the apes that live on our planet today. Rather apes and humans have a common ancestor. Both apes and humans have evolved since that time depending on where each species lived.
The apes lived in the jungle. Therefore it was an advantage to have long strong arms. As they rarely would walk on the ground they hadnât much use for running â ergo they didnât develop a good running technique.
The humans on the other hand would live at the steppes and wide open spaces. It was therefore an advantage to stand up straight and in that way be able to see enemies from a longer distance. The price was that we became slow runners.
Humans didnât need long strong arms to climb trees so over time the arms would get smaller.
After several million years the humans and the apes would be so different that they were considered two different species.

3) How could the earths atmosphere be created from scratch?

I think Iâve already answered that question. However youâll need someone else to explain to you the right biological and chemical reactions that happen inside the bacteria. Else Iâm sure you can find the answers somewhere on the internet. Remember Google is your friend! :)

This isn't a discussion and you can't have it both ways because that isn't the discussion. You can't say it's a mixture of both because the question isn't that. The question is how we were created. Did we come from god or did we get created from evolution. The notion that Adam was once part of a ribcage and eve was made of dirt is pure nonsense to me. And don't you try to explain it in scientific terms because that is how the bible said it happened. The bible is the only supposed proof of god so to deny its truth denies the existence of god. I posted something in the big bang thread and this theory will make a lot of sense to most of you. Here it is.

I've heard another explanation.  According to Steven Hawkings calculations, when suns explode they create black holes because of the immense gravity the sun has.  The whole universe will slowly turn into a bunch of black holes eating up everything.  Slowly they will all combine into one huge black hole.  The black hole will slowly pull everything into it.  It will have so much gravity nothing will be out of reach.  Then the theories start again.  Some people think this is the cycle of the universe.  After the whole universe gets pulled in the black hole will explode or implode creating the big bang and everything will start over again.
Makes sense huh?

Personally that combined with evolution seems A LOT more plausible than ribcage dirt theories. Half of it is based on actual calculations made by Steven Hawkings.

Another thing I want to point out to people who believe in god is the fact that he is the biggest mass murderer in history. He has the power to do anything he wants but he chooses to kill innocent people. What happened to his own commandments? If you don't believe me think about the great flood. Think of how many innocent people were killed. How many babies and children included. He had the power to only kill the evil but chose to kill everyone. If you can't accept that maybe you don't believe in god because the bible is the only supposed proof of him. To deny the truth of the bible denies the existence of god.

Well that's my honest view on everything. Kind of harsh toward religion but that's what I think and Iâm not going to beat around the bush or lie.

Guys guys - have you all forgotten our dear friend Mr. Stork ?? Let me tell you - let me assure you, the first of the humankind was brought to this planet by a Giant Stork from Outer Space. Probably pirched here for a short break, but got shooed off by that comet, thus leaving adam behind. That, my friend, is the pure 100% unadulterated truth :) Now that you know, go home and let this ever-fuming debate rest in peace... he he.. :)

Guys guys - have you all forgotten our dear friend Mr. Stork ?? Let me tell you - let me assure you, the first of the humankind was brought to this planet by a Giant Stork from Outer Space. Probably pirched here for a short break, but got shooed off by that comet leaving adam behind. That, my friend, is the pure 100% unadulterated truth :) Now that you know, go home and let this ever-fuming debate rest in peace... he he.. :)

1064327667[/snapback]

:) Back 2 seconds and already stirring the cauldron. Lol.

I actually believe it was an army of micro-camels that will return one day and destroy the Earth. But hey. That is my copyright.

In all honesty, I think we evolved from a pool of amino acids formed from the secretion of single-celled amoebas. Or, as Stargate depicts, we may have been planted here by some intefering race.

computerjoe ,

>of course god can exist .. just not as a being which some disillusioned biblical people may think . It can exist in any form imaginable  ... even Michio Kaku ( revered and famous scientitist )  has his thoughts on the mind of God . We have to think outside the box sometimes or else how can we call ourselves explorers , Stephen Hawking is a metaphysicist and even he reaches out to the divine in attempt to glorify the cosmos in some grandious meaning .

>But the big bang may be plausible if the higgs-field is proven true .. I have once thought the idea of a multi-verse but now I'm reflecting back on the subject of HOW it is possible for something , our universe ,  to be created out of apparently nothing .

>also ... Don't confuse creationism with religion .. although it may correlate with some facets of religion , much of the arguments supplied by creationists have made disassociative efforts in distancing religions involvement with all this , most of the well known creationists are actually scientists , mathematicians etc ...

as far as the implication of introducing intelligent design theory ,, then who knows  , conspiracy theorists are always ready to jump at such things .

1064318421[/snapback]

I agree about the possibility of God existence. Why not.

The key is that the Universe nature can be different of our mind structure in some way. In that case, we are not able to know its rules. Maybe our minds make us think that for every effect there is a cause, but perhaps that's not the way it has to be.

Didn't they once say that the Apes we came from were actually once fishes and small reptiles of the Dinosaurs? I remember people saying that too. So now are we apes, fishes, or dinosaurs type? Things are so crazy when you think about this. It's just too far to prove anything. Might as well say we're snails too because we have boogers O_o

Didn't they once say that the Apes we came from were actually once fishes and small reptiles of the Dinosaurs?  I remember people saying that too.  So now are we apes, fishes, or dinosaurs type?  Things are so crazy when you think about this.  It's just too far to prove anything.  Might as well say we're snails too because we have boogers O_o

1064327824[/snapback]

Not really - if you look at evolution, these apes, snails, dinosaurs or whatever bigger lifeform didn't just appear overnight. It all began with microscopic living organisms, which clumped together as colonies giving rise to tissue masses - which in turn gave shape to the larger organisms. So whatever animal you see on this planet - all have come from a common descent. This very fact should be enough to claim that our journey actually began with whatever was there before fishes/dinosaurs/apes.

nice debate, I like this fury debate, yet I want to slip a REAL scenario. All of us know that in Christianity God or Jesus is all forgiving and such right? Ok, this is my experience for ever trying to believe in Christianity. In the beginning of October, this year; I needed a ride to my old school for a reunion, but the cab driver was a bit nut (as I thought, don't know if that's true or not), he tried to convert me to Christianity, had some good debates as I am an atheist (and no, atheism is NOT a religion, if it was, it will contradict and according to the Law of Contradiction [or whatever it was called] you can't have something that is and isn't at the same time). Yet, I eased up and tried this Christianity thingy, I felt like brainwashed though. I did the first prayer with accepting Jesus as my saviour or something. A week later, I had a negative effect, I did poorly on tests, got the flu, sleepy all the time, couldn't concentrate, my marks dipped a bit. So, I said that I'm ditching this because it seems like Atheism is the best and that I couldn't rely on this figure. I have to rely on my old believes that has been proven stable and prosperous.Ok, before people jump on me, I began to think there is this figure but it's one that I can't rely on. It's relying on a piece of paper as a bridge and crossing over it. Of course, it will break and you'll fall into the water.This is just my experience, and I'm still an atheist.Also, I'm not a Communist. Yet, some of my classmates think so because I'm Chinese.....xboxrulz

I believe in God and the bible. I think people underestimate the bible as it can be very informative and infact accurate. I don't take the bible 100% literally such as maybe the 7 Day part didn't mean the 7 day 24 Hour period. Christ speaked in many parables and that's the way the bible was written. It's still a magnificent peace of work with stories and literature. Also the beautiful psalms it contains.

I think the bible is just something humans imaged because people didn't understand the wonders of mother nature. Why couldn't we just been created out of nothing? Because we don't understand how you can making something from nothing? If you asked let's say thousand years ago someone what lighting was they would say for sure that it had something to do with god, one way or another. Maybe in another thousand years people understand how we have been created. Maybe even earlier. Don't say something isn't possible because it isn't proofed scientific, only say it's impossible when it's proofed, and for so far as I know nobody proofed that we weren't created by evolution.-=jeroen=-

I think the problem is that the ones who believe in christ do not want the theory of evolution to be taught in schools and the ones who believe in evolution don't want religion taught in schools, currently the winners are the evolutionists, but only because of the seperation of church and state issue. Some people are doing anything they can to keep god out of our schools...Me, personally, I do believe in god but on the same token, I do believe evolution occured. So, keep in mind the word of god is not racists against anything, his word is not one of hate or discord, so when his messenger stands in front of you spewing out gods word, ensure it is that and not one of his own agenda.The problem with people is they blame god for the sickness a messenger spews out upon his flock, and never the messenger.Believe in both, the bible is a book of stories that gives us direction and is not to be taken literally. Who knows when god came to mankind... who cares? He's here now... that's what counts.

I think the problem is that the ones who believe in christ do not want the theory of evolution to be taught in schools and the ones who believe in evolution don't want religion taught in schools, currently the winners are the evolutionists, but only because of the seperation of church and state issue. Some people are doing anything they can to keep god out of our schools...
Me, personally, I do believe in god but on the same token, I do believe evolution occured. So, keep in mind the word of god is not racists against anything, his word is not one of hate or discord, so when his messenger stands in front of you spewing out gods word, ensure it is that and not one of his own agenda.

The problem with people is they blame god for the sickness a messenger spews out upon his flock, and never the messenger.

Believe in both, the bible is a book of stories that gives us direction and is not to be taken literally. Who knows when god came to mankind... who cares? He's here now... that's what counts.

I am not opposed in principle to the teaching of religion in school. It is an important part of human life and I am all in favor of children being more informed so that they can make their own decisions regarding it. But obviously this will never happen in the public schools, because there are far too many fanatical opinions in regards to religion and until different churches and religion can at least recognize the value of each other, then there obviously can be no official place for it in the public schools. Otherwise it is inevitable that this will just be used by the dominant religion in the area to supress religious freedom by putting pressure on students in favor of their religion.

As a direct consequence "Creation science" or "Intellegent design" has no place in the schools because it is religion and not science. I don't think science is everything, in fact, science looks at the world in a very restricted fashion, and people who try to make it the answer to everything are making a religion out of science, and when they do that they aren't doing science any more than the Creation scientists are doing science. Both are rhetoric, and confusing rhetoric with science is something to which I am very opposed.

I am not saying that none of the research involved is valid, although its use in the rhetoric of "Creation science" is not making any of this easy to recognize as such. But Christian churches and organizations have to butt out of science and to drop the pretense that their conclusions are in anyway scientific. That won't get them their ridiculous political agenda which amounts to intolerance of science.

But truth be told I think this all derives from Christian laziness and complacency. They want to railroad their children into a Christian way of life rather than make the effort required to make their case with their children in a free thinking environment. Frankly, I think that if they cannot make the case of their Christian way of life to their children, it is because their life is only superficially Christian anyway. A superficially Christian life like this is a lie and a deceit and the children won't won't buy it because they are too close the parents to be fooled.

The reaction of fundamentalist christians against science is a tragedy. And it is a reflection of the tendency of Western society (espcially the U.S.) to seek simple-minded solutions to everything. The result is that our society swings to one extreme and then another, when these simple-minded solutions fail. However, the current dangerous and frightening swing to the right that we are currently suffering (in the US) is the natural consequence of the simple-minded solution of liberals to trash and dismiss every tradition of our past without any attempt at compromise with a large portion of our population. If we do not learn again to compromise as we once were able in the past then the US will fall as these swings to extremes eventually tear the democracy (which is far more fragile than most imagine) apart. No one thought that a maniac like Hitler could gain power in Germany, but he did in just the kind of right wing swing that the US is now experiencing.
Edited by mitchellmckain (see edit history)

I am an agnostic, and believe that they can coexist. Ever read the book "Inherit The wind"? It speaks of the scopes monkey trial and is based upon it. I think it'd be silly to say "god sent two people down and they populated the entire earth" because there is both not enough time between now and the said time that "adam and eve" where created to constitute an entire species' population, and it's completely unfeasible to begin with. I personally think that Catholicism is nothing more than a cult, and that christianity is nothing more than a fairy-tale. I believe that if there is in fact, a god of any sort, that he created the life force of the tiny organisms that soon became man. We actually have scientific /proof/ that there where cavemen and that there where other primates that resemble man that no longer exist, and can actually /trace/ man's evolution, so I think that holding onto any beliefs of adam and eve are nothing more then denial and the thought that if they adapt their religion to reality that they will be smote or something else equally distasteful. There has never been any proof of any of the supernatural events that occurred in the bible, but there has been proof to debunk them. what does that tell you? I mean it's obvious that people in biblical times where not as wise as we are now for lack of technology and time on earth, but also the fact that most prevailing religions have now been long abandon because their followers have wizened up. We now know that Zeus does not cause the lighting, but positively charged ions do. We also know that it is medically impossible for a virgin to give birth, no matter how hard she tries, but no one wants to think their religion is silly because it's all they have to hold onto. It's supposed to be for a since of comfort, but many take it to far (no difference between extremists like Bin Laden and the Spanish Inquisition). Of course I am no more all-kknowing than any priest that claims to be. so I accept that I could be mistaken, and that all this none sense about two people somehow populating the entire world in 4,000 years without managing to have an entire brood of deformed babies, and somehow managing to get their babies to the other continents long after Pangea and long before the invention of boats, and somehow being able to live long enough to teach these babies anything when the average life expectancy of somone in ancient greece was 30 years, and somehow managing to survive nakid in weather climates far worse than those of today among beasts far more savage and plentiful than those fo today, without the adaptations that they would need to survive in that climate (like, oh, let's say, muscular physiques of apes, bodies covered in fur like apes, aposable toes like apes, and the bodies and minds of apes *hint hint*), could in fact be somehow true. I highly doubt it, but I'm not unreasonable.SCIENCE AND PROOF > FAITH AND IGNORANCE

one thing I don't like is that people who were brought up to believe a religion. I think it's choice. Let the person decide for him/herself and not choose it for him/her.Well, it's all my opinion of course B)xboxrulz