xisto Community
soleimanian

Turn On Your Computer Automatically

But, also you can turn on your computer,true the web, or the LAN, it is so easy, if you have a compatible board and a good LAN Card, you can turn your computer, from any PC in the world. It's called Wape up on lan, no all the computer support this, but if you have one, I think that you should test! Have fun

Just one question for people knowing this "power management setup" and other things in the bios. I need no know something, maybe you could help me.Sometimes, when I help a friend installing win2k pro, at shudown the PC (IBM Aptiva for instance) does not powerdown, it shows a screen saying "you may now safely powerdown your computer). And of course the front pannel "power" button makes a reboot.Is this normal ? Going in the bios (here it's F1 or F2) and saying "reset all to factory settings" gives no improvement.Generally, what is the trick to make the computer power down when sutting down with Microsoft Windows 2k pro or 2k server ?

Just one question for people knowing this "power management setup" and other things in the bios. I need no know something, maybe you could help me.

Sometimes, when I help a friend installing win2k pro, at shudown the PC (IBM Aptiva for instance) does not powerdown, it shows a screen saying "you may now safely powerdown your computer). And of course the front pannel "power" button makes a reboot.

Is this normal ? Going in the bios (here it's F1 or F2) and saying "reset all to factory settings" gives no improvement.

Generally, what is the trick to make the computer power down when sutting down with Microsoft Windows 2k pro or 2k server ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This had something to do with Advance Powermanagement. Check if it installed as an ACPI computer (you can see this in the device management (or what it's called in english) under 'computer'.

Gonna reboot to see what BIOS settings you can change :D

Ok, didn't realy find an option :D .But those are the other options to turn on your computer :D :-password (some letters and numbers, your choise)-Hot KEY (something like ctrl-F1)-Mouse left or right-Any Key-Button only (only the button, hmm, clever explanation :D )-Keyboard 98 (absolutely no idea, maybe the windows button on the keyboard ?)Other options:-Wake by PME# of PCI (some PCI device can turn you pc on)-Wake op by Ring (or this is WOL or this is Wake on Modem)-Wake by alarm (what this topic is about)

Ok, didn't realy find an option :D .

But those are the other options to turn on your computer :D :

-password (some letters and numbers, your choise)

-Hot KEY (something like ctrl-F1)

-Mouse left or right

-Any Key

-Button only (only the button, hmm, clever explanation :D )

-Keyboard 98 (absolutely no idea, maybe the windows button on the keyboard ?)

Other options:

-Wake by PME# of PCI (some PCI device can turn you pc on)

-Wake op by Ring (or this is WOL or this is Wake on Modem)

-Wake by alarm (what this topic is about)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can turn your PC on by Wake by alarm

Nice one! I can make tricks like the one Wireless posted, that my computers opens when I ask it to, when I go into the room it opens automatically etc! This is useful for my old computer that takes 30 minutes to load! I'll just set him to turn on half an hour before I wake up, lol!

For those who have just asked if they are doing something wrong, the answear is probably not, this "feature" does not depend of your Operating System at all, is your motherboard the one that can bring it or not. But not all is black at this point, what I recommend you is upgrading your bios to the last update, and maybe your motherboard manufacturers had added this option. Like I said before this a feature from you motherboard which brings a software included called BIOS, and when you turn your pc and press DEL, your are entering to de BIOS configuration. Hope this was helpful, Greetings.

*idly considers trying to find a way of getting an MP3 file to play on startup*

Who doesn't want to wake up to the sound of whatever band they favour at the time blaring through their PC speakers? Seriously, I'm useless at getting up when my alarm goes off, and short of taking a trip to ThinkGeek to find some innovative way to guarantee I get out of bed, this sounds like a pretty viable alternative - especially considering I'd have to get up to stop WMP from playing, as I always have it on repeat. :mellow:

how to turn on the computer when power resumesTurn On Your Computer Automatically

Hi,

I want my computer to be on always. But there is a frequent power cut in my city. When power comes back, the computer doesn't boots up automatically...Please tell me is there any way to switch on the computer when power comes back.

thanks

-reply by ramesh

There is utility that does auto power on and shutdown.

Also if you want to schedule automatic shutdown then use commentcamarche.net - chronos shutdown 

is the best small utility in my opinion. I use it to schedule shutdown. Sometimes i go to sleep while surfing so i schedule shutdown after 3 hrs when i come online after dinner. :D

i suppos eif you could set your computer to auto-matically turn on that would mean the you could be out and the say at 12pm it turns on and someone else in the room jumps wondering how that happened and the you can access your computer portably somewhere else. I would be sat at college and use a program to go on my computer and play a game in the dvd drive and i bet alot of people would be really shocked if that happened. Or even i could trick the tutor into thinking that i had installed a operating system then turn round and say nah just kidding its my computer ran protably. no one could beat that i say i mean when you think about it my computer is capable of playing gta 4 at a good rate and then i could play gta 4 and make my tutor turn white trousers into brown ones it like alchemy. i wonder how muhc does it take to create a good mmorpg?