xisto Community
iGuest

Laptop Battery Out Laptops Battery not Charging

I remember that one of my dad's laptop battery sort of died just after starting work at a new company. The battery itself could be charged, but after the AC plug is removed from the laptop, the battery discharged itself quite quickly in less than 15-20 minutes. Fortunately, HP quickly delivered a replacement battery since the company has a maintenance plan with them.

Hi,I had the same problem. I advise you two solution. But I must warn you. Both are them are to be applied at the end. I mean you may harm your battery or throw it away if any of these fail.1) I connected the + and the - signs of the battery with a wire.. This way it is shocked and it may start to work again. I tried it with some other types of batteries too. It worked for me but it doesnt mean that it will work always. And it is dangerous too. You may harm your battery if it is working or if it is not empty.2) I found CELLS in the batteries from a local techno-market. I changed the cells in the battery and it worked. But you must be careful because it is also too dangerous too.. ** Last minute recall.. Sometimes when your battery completely discharges, leaving the battery on charged mod for along time (for 1 or 2 days) may help it to start working again. Try it is no harm unless it is not over heated..I hope it works for you.. Thank you..

1) I connected the + and the - signs of the battery with a wire..

I would say don't do that : it's very dangerous. Doing such things without any fuse or circuit-breaker is forbidden because it's very dangerous. If your battery is not completely out of order, doing this will make it give too much intensity through the wire, which will make it being far too hot.Telling people to do that is exactly the same thing as telling children to play with matches : stupid and dangerous.

iGuest, totally discharged means the battery has been completely used so it's normal for it to be at 0%. You should let the battery discharge fully once every month--no more. Have you been doing that? Other than that, I'm pretty sure it's not the battery.

Over the years, a problem called "memory" in rechargeable batteries has been worked on. "Memory" means that the battery "remembers" its charge-discharge cycles. In older batteries, the manual instructed the user to fully discharge the battery on a regular schedule -- once every month or three months. Newer batteries are advertised to have much less "memory." Independent of that, a rechargeable battery typically loses a few % of full charge every month of non-use storage.
One of the serious problems with charge system design is that a fully-discharged battery has a very low impedance, so it "needs" a high current to get it started charging. The charging circuits always have some current-limiting built in, so that they don't fry anything if the load looks like a short circuit. On low-cost laptops, that may cause a problem when charging a fully-discharged battery.

Some repair shops have battery testers, which contain a much more sophisticated charging circuit. You might call around to your local computer repair store, and see if it has such a device, or knows someone who does.

1) I connected the + and the - signs of the battery with a wire..

Modern laptops are engineered to be as light as possible. One major source of weight is the battery. Therefore, the internal conductors in a battery tend to be just thick enough to carry the maximum current the laptop will require. Putting a short across the terminals is likely to make an internal conductor behave like a fuse, and vaporize. Not a good idea.

On most cases, Battery on a brand new laptop dies out after a yearor two of use. This is really normal and if you are still on warranty, replace it ASAP. I have a friend who is A+ on electronics and he makes this improvised battery pack using 2pcs Lithium Ion Power Bar placed on a the casing of the battery pack with all the cells removed.

Powerbar

It fix so well on the pack and it even last longer than the original batteries.

I don't own a laptop yet. But, I will need it in the near future after getting a job. So, I would like to know if there are any other kind of adapters/power sources that should be used for running the Laptop on external power? I have a similar dilema with my PDA which remains mostly at home. Rumor has it that keeping it plugged into the PC (through USB cable) for external power will shorten the battery life. Isn't the power supposed to go directly to the PDA and not through the battery when using such external power. I really hate draining the battery power when an external power is at hand.

we are specializing in laptop batteries Laptop Battery Out

We are Theseus technology Co. LTD . Specializing in the manufacturing and export of laptop batteries which is a Taiwanese-capitalized manufacturer located in Shenzhen China.All of our key members are from professional laptop computer battery area and we have more than 15 years working experience on this special industry ,producing excellent products with Taiwan technology& control system .

We use 100% new cells of Samsung ,Panasonic ,Sanyo and Moli for our batteries . So our batteries are with high quality . We should do two full circles learning before we ship out to our customers  .It means that you can keep the batteries in stock for about half an year or more longer than 10months . We provide one year warranty to all of our customers

Alyssa

Theseus technology Co. Ltd.

Tel:086-0755-29725689

Fax:086-0755-27566389

Mail :Alyssa @theseuspack.Com

MSN:kelina@live.Cn

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i think you should try asking your techinican rather asking here or try changing the chargertry it out and also let me know what have you done to solve itall the best

Get it checked from where you bought it also dont try anything that others suggest it may damage the laptop.SI get it checked from where you bought it hope you have guarantee.And dont run it without battery.Dell run without batteries.

Get it checked from where you bought it also dont try anything that others suggest it may damage the laptop.SI get it checked from where you bought it hope you have guarantee.And dont run it without battery.Dell run without batteries.

All Laptop operate without batteries.
We recommend that you fully charge the battery and remove laptop.
A Laptop to connect through adapetr to complete.
On the Laptop did not happen. In the service center recommend to do so if the Laptop is a long time in one place, rather than on the road.

did i say they dont????????????You'll probably end up at a local repair counter asking for help. They will (If they are honest) charge you around $12.50 to test things and let you know what is happening.That should take you about 30 minutes.I would remove the battery and clean the contacts. Then I would allow it to charge for 3 or 4 days without touching it.

The best option to buy a new battery and send the service center, simply because the new replacement battery did not give, it will not be charged, you must proshivat memory under the battery itself has faced this.This can be done only by service center.May be filed to revive the voltage times the face value of more than 2 batteries until the battery becomes hot. If the battery is not heated, it can be safely does this by removing it.

is my battery working????Laptop Battery Out

I am using HP Pavilion from the past one year. The problem now is my battery doesnt get charged. The problem is when I remove the power cable the laptop immediately shuts down. Even if I have the power connnection for hours, its the same. Is there any trouble shooting method to check whether the problem is with my charger or the connection itself.

-question by venkat