xisto Community
infamousflame

How To Install SMF Installing Simple Machines Forum

Didnt workHow To Install SMF

it didnt work for me...When I tried to upload the files in cpanel in file manager...I had to do everything 1 by 1 and why I stopped my entire site was down and this came up when you tried to go on it

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

TimmiT HTTPD Server powered by Apache Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Port 80
[addr][/addr]-reply by Matthew C.

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

This is quite obviously a configuration error, you should not have to be sent to "/", usually your website is inside a folder like "www" or "htdocs". If your website tries to access "/" this means that a configuration file was not correctly set up during the install phase.
Simply try remove your install and start from scratch.

dont you think its a bit longer and more complex you can ask the web host company to install it or if you using an cheap hosting company theni think they will give fantastico or Softaculous which has and auto mated script installer, you could probably look for it and ask the web hosting provider for it and if you know coding then its a bit more easier for you because then the scripts are written in your language and not in an alien language and its not an hard task for any devloper to get SMF or any other script installed on it own be a grown up or if you need help then contact me lol :)

dont you think its a bit longer and more complex you can ask the web host company to install it or if you using an cheap hosting company theni think they will give fantastico or Softaculous which has and auto mated script installer, you could probably look for it and ask the web hosting provider for it and if you know coding then its a bit more easier for you because then the scripts are written in your language and not in an alien language and its not an hard task for any devloper to get SMF or any other script installed on it own be a grown up or if you need help then contact me lol

Well in case of Xisto - Web Hosting softaculous is broken and not upgraded as it reuires lkicense fees. so there is no way to ask Xisto - Web Hosting about it. now talking about this guide some people prefer installing latest fix on their own while some use fantastico or similar script installer. some people have issue installing and breaking things.

just take case of 1and1 web hosting company. try and find auto script installer with them and try to install things with their file manager. you'll see that they're way to slow on things for installing and updating. so there is no need for such host and some people pick it for money right ? so that is why they don't get how to install some scripts.