xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nqon

CS: Source Vs CS 1.6

Well in my opinion Source is better, however I still miss 1.5 since it was the last version without Steam (which sucks less since 1.6beta days).The addition of physics, better graphics, less bugs and easily-handled bots - yeah bots, for offline play with mods - just wins. You won't see many computers (other than, say library computers) today that can't handle CSS. With a Geforece 5200 (OC'd, though) I could play the thing on medium settings on 30-50 fps.

I would definitely suggest against all counter strike games. The fps genre is kind of ruined by counter strike and its unrealistic settings. Imo, for that reason it takes the fun out of the game for me. Someone made a video a couple of years back showing how bad the hi boxes were for counter strike, meaning that to kill someone infront of you, you would shoot about 3 feet back, as the gaame engine is not very well designed. It has a lot of flaws, but don't everything steam makes.

i prefer counter-strike 1.6!i have source in my account too, but CS1.6 is the best one!it is old but is still the best..it's more fast and.. i don't know! hehehemy vote is Counter-Strike 1.6!

well I have 1.6 and source but I like 1.6 alot more. I feel like it takes alot more skill to play. When I made the switch to source I found it really easy and I didnt like alot and I don't even have that great of a comp and I was only getting 10fps but I was pwning everyone. 2 me the only good thing about cs:s is it uses a source engine to make the graphics really nice.

Most of people I know still prefer and usually play CS 1.6 and they are playing it on LAN or on the Internet, on some kind of server, I myself sometimes get together with friends and play CS 1.6, a lot just usually say: "Yes, I tried CS Source, played it" But usually sticks with 1.6..Even thought Counter Strike is out for a really old time, lots of people still play it online, even though not a lot of things have changed since then, usually only the maps get a bit different, someone changes the characters from the original ones and sometimes some people are using cheats, which sometimes gets on everyone nerves. :mellow:

If I am not mistaken (haven't played it a lot), Counter Strike: Source has had weapon names changed for some reason, thus changing the game... Of course, this is not a big deal, but for those of us that have played Counter Strike 1.3 - 1.6 it is somewhat an unwanted change. Besides that one, there have also been many more when compared to Counter Strike 1.6, maybe even for the better, but it is all about what you are used to.

Source All The WayCS: Source Vs CS 1.6

Yeah so for me, Source is way better. There's one slight thing with the awp that has a different feel. I awp on Source, but I cant awp on 1.6 cause theres a slight delay (I think) with the shooting. Lol that made all the difference. Source is also easier to find out the recoil of each gun. 1.6's recoil is very hard to get and etc2.

Source all the way dudes!

-reply by Jimi6060Keywords: cs 1.6 vs cs source

I still play CS 1.6 just for one reason...I'm so goddamn used to it...Been playing it for 7 years now...But I guess its the right time for a change xD

The graphix, sound and realism are far more better in CS:S

-reply by iCruze

WEll from what I can concluded and what was even stated above was that cs:source is just that...Easier. Who wants to play a game that is easier than the one before it. The guy above stated it and I've heard tell that the recoil has been turned down in source...So thats why elite wonna bes still play 1.6 and refuse to play source...Its easier!

-reply by camplo

I like more Counter Strike Source. it have better grafichs and i dont know why i play much better in source than C.S 1.6 :S strange no? lolWell so my vote is C.S Source Well please c.s 1.6 fans please tell me you like 1.6 and not source :S i cant still understand source has better grafichs etc...