xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nqon

CS: Source Vs CS 1.6

Source just looks so much more realistic... while 1.6 is like a cartoon. I personally liked both but source just appeals to me more because of it's overall gameplay and look. The only problem is... source is starting to give me, as well as many others, skipping problems. My gameplay skips... or more like... stutters, locks up, "lags" if you want to call it... even though my ping is perfectly normal. It usually happens when I first load and when I fire my weapon. People claimed it to be fixed with the new patch... but mine still does it. I'm still looking into how to fix it...

ugh, the shield made it all crappy, CS Source rules, it's really exploitable too, which is kinda funny, but when I play CS 1.6 (which is in my opinion the game for poor people who can't afford powerful PCs), I ask the players why they like this and they don't get Source, and all of them say laggy hitboxes or they have a crap PC... but i never notice the hitbox problem.

I started playing CS around the 1.2 version. And I've played on and off until 1.6. Then when my friend started playing CSS, I kinda started too.Sure it was kind of dreadful going from those ugly models and such in CS, but once you get used to CSS you can't go back. It's more balanced, AWP isn't as good as it was for CS.

When CSS first came out, I wasn't too sure about it. I mean the graphics were just so much better, but if it didn't go well with the community then hardly anyone would play it, such as with EQ and EQ2. But over time I realized that it was in fact more realistic, and balanced better then the previous release. After getting use to it, I have stuck with CSS since.

LOl who ever has 1.6 just doesn't want too upgrade... if source was called 1.7 then no one would be playing 1.6.... just buy a better computer and start source you will be amazed by how much better it is... cal main =) source

hahaha I agree... visual and gamplay comparison in Source BY FAR EXCEEDS 1.6
I've played since 1.5 and at least source makes logical sense when you shoot objects... I mean in 1.6 you can shoot through walls... That's SOOOOOO REALISTIC :)

hahaha I agree... visual and gamplay comparison in Source BY FAR EXCEEDS 1.6

I've played since 1.5 and at least source makes logical sense when you shoot objects... I mean in 1.6 you can shoot through walls... That's SOOOOOO REALISTIC  :)

1064336590[/snapback]

You got a great point. When i use too play cal for 1.6 i would always die or kill ppl threw like a 5 inch wall kinda sad. And when is the last time they upgraded 1.6?

Source is just the way too go if you don't got cash just steal it from your friends lol. Its a great game UPGRADE ALREADY ****!!!!

And if you do have source pm me for my server info so you can get pWN!

Today I played cs 1.6 then I played cs source. source is my pick. you actually feel like your bullets are hitting your enemy because he bleeds when he gets hit and doesn't bleed only when he dies like in 1.6. and the good graphics add a better feel to the game. also, the amazing physics engine makes grenades more fair.-lulz

I used to play 1.6 all the time and when source was released I was like.. I don't want to change. When I finally made the switch around two years after it's release, you know it took some getting used to. I occasionally went back to 1.6, but I noticed that each time I went back to 1.6 I realized how much better css was. Now I play source every time. It seems headshots are even more common in source than 1.6 and there are still some hitbox lagging behind the model issues to be resolved. I love the increased sound support and graphics. I am a pub awp hater, but thats easy to deal with.. plenty of no-awp/auto pubs out there to play on. Steam name: Destructor hope to see you around

Edited by jc804 (see edit history)