xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nqon

CS: Source Vs CS 1.6

Most people who are big cs fan's started playing it when it first came out. I only started playing when i got my new computer and got Half Life 2. My friends urged me to play 1.6 and said that it was much better. I love Source... but 1.6 doesnt do anything for me. There seem to be way more people with aimbot, and I think source just runs smoother and looks way nicer. Another reason that I am liking source is because that I play Halo 2 and bungie pisses me off. I mean Valve comes out with updates and new maps once a month... sometimes more! Bungie on the other hand, just sits there and almost never comes out with new updates.

Well I like source and 1.6 but now I don't play it anymore because of those noob hackers. I drives me crazy when someone goes on like a rampage with a speedhack and kills of an entire team in less than 2 minutes! :( haha but anyway source has way better graphics. lol X800 XTPE oh yeah! :(

Well I like source and 1.6 but now I don't play it anymore because of those noob hackers. I drives me crazy when someone goes on like a rampage with a speedhack and kills of an entire team in less than 2 minutes!  :(

haha but anyway source has way better graphics. lol X800 XTPE oh yeah! 

:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you just have to find the right servers with decent commmunities, where there is no hackers.

I dont even play in public servers anymore anyway

I was a serious counter-strike player for about 3+ years and was in a clan that was rated about 6th in the UK at 1 time so i know a bit about the game hehI'll start off by saying CS 1.0 / 1.1 were the best versions!1.6 is far better than source for many reasons - but i guess if ur really new to the game source has its advantages. Ir requires less skill - looks prettier - sounds better and generally ueasier to play i think. But 1.6 is an evolution of what was originally created of which so many ppl liked.... both have there ups and downs!

hi...wats up. well i just want to express my thoughts lol...well ya people likes to play 1.6 than source because some of them dont like the realityness lol..they said its too realistic..like i heard ur shotgun can get jammed or something...they added too much stuff on it that cs players are not used to and dont want to get used to it :(

it def. needs more tweaking but i think it will most assuredly be the new cs sooner or later...with the tweaking and the time passing (so more people get pc's capable of hl2) it will become the standard im sure.on a side note tho, valve did a really good job of making hl2 work on a wide range of systems... my brothers pc is awefull and it runs it with a really nice fps... just has some stuff turned down on his.

This really has to do with if you have a better computer or not that is capable of handling Source. Even though Counter Strike Source's timing was perfect in my opinion, the only problem was that people who've played CS 1.6 and below, didn't need a high end computer to play it. Mainly the problem I see is people don't have videocards strong enough to get at least 30 frames per second. I would be playing my Source a lot more, if I had a better videocard, but I don't have one at the moment so mine can only take me to about 20, and much less when I'm in fire fights or smoke. The good thing is videocards get cheaper after awhile like games, so once that happens, more people will likely be coming over to play source, and then one day even 1.6 might be known as a classic of the golden age like Tetris :P Another thing is, people aren't home as often anymore. Some go to pubs, even though they have a great computer at home! If I had to choose, I'd rather play it at home if I had a decent computer that can play it. I'd also choose 1.6 if it means it'll save me 200 bucks from buying a videocard that can give me at least 60 fps. But I really think more people will start playing Source soon once videocards that can handle it are cheaper.

:P The Source has beautiful graphics, the environment very realist and worked well, the physical motor is taken well in account, but I like CS 1.6 because I always have fun with , i play it all the time , and i well playd in the future , it is my better FPS . enjoy ! go - go - go !!! :P Edited by aminzzlink (see edit history)

Counter-Strike Source cannot be seen as a competible game. All the strategies and teamaction can only be imagined in cs 1.6. It is hard to imagine cyberathletes to completely remake their strategies and regain all the experience in the completely new game as css. I stay with 1.6

Although CSS has amazing graphics for a massive online game, there is still much to be worked out in it. It also laggs a bit, but im getting more RAM soon, so ill try it then. Until it arrives, 1.6 is where its at.

Source, I believe is a much better game than 1.6.1.6 was brought out first (I believe) and source is updated so often that Source looks, feels and is I believe a better game.I used to play one point six but i have now been converted to the Source side, just by the amount of people playing it.I cannot wait for the CS series to get as good graphics as HL2 though, because that day I will be one happy man. :D

I am kind of on the fence for this one. I currently own both version and I play both of them on a regular basis. One of the reasons I do that is because some of my friends play 1.6 and some of my friends play source so its nice to play with both sets of friends.Sure Source is more pretty and realistic but I feel like it is too easy. Basically all you have to do to win is to spray. Thats what I feel like. I also feel like the better players including my self (lol) play 1.6 more often. The problems with 1.6 is that the smoke can make it very laggy and the graphic are not to hot. As for the speed hackers, I think its funny when they come to CT or T spawn to kill everyone. On my microphone I yell, "EVERYBODY START SPRAYING RANDOMLY." And we usually kill the guy after a few Casualties.Also Source doesn't have some FY maps I come to love like Snow and Dustworld.

It seems like everyone plays 1.6 even though Source is a hell of a lot better in the graphics and physics area. I find that Source is a lot easier than 1.6. I don't know why that is. I guess at the people that suck at CS go to play Source...

The reason why theres a lot more people playing 1.6 is because their computer cant handle it. If you get a really nice computer and can play source with 50-60+ fps everywhere, even in huge firefights. then you'll never touch 1.6 again. I love source's ragdolls, and its advanced demo recording/editing thing.

I see this is a bit old, but I take the risk, cos haven't played CSS before today.. I think CSS is better than 1.6, mutch better. Better grapchics, and mutch more details, but it is a bit harder. But 1.6 has started to get very old so.. Well, got CSS today, so guess I will play that a bit to, but I awill still playJoit Operations more.. B)