xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cj2005

Iexplore Vs. Firefox

Internet Explorer Or FireFox  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firefox's best feature is definitely tabbed browsing.One of my favorite features for Firefox is the ability to add extensions. This just adds so much more functionality to Firefox. If Firefox can't do something by itself, odds are an extension is there to fill in that feature.

Firefox's best feature is definitely tabbed browsing.One of my favorite features for Firefox is the ability to add extensions. This just adds so much more functionality to Firefox. If Firefox can't do something by itself, odds are an extension is there to fill in that feature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IE version 7.0 is coming up.

It will come with tabbed browsing feature just like what firefox has right now.

After it is released, what will you guys choose???

firefox is the best program ever - quite possibly.is is just so much better than IE. tabbed browsing is the best thing. i have forgotton that popups even exist. pages look better. the program looks better. adblock and other extentions are so useful. i nearly cried when i was forced to use IE at school, its just terrible - even on a super fast connection.but the best thing is that is is the best introduction to open source possible. it is a pro-quality program that looks and is as easy as if adobe or someone like that made it. it makes open source look good and gives exactly the right impression.since i was introduced i have forced all my friends to use it, and my family. most dont notice - but when they find out the extra features they cant go back. and some of my friends have gone on to introduce more people, and they are far less g33k than me. :D i now go straight to open source whenever i want/need a program. and want to run linux dual boot. firefox has indirectly led me to learn much more about computers.and yes even if IE does get tabbed browsing of course i will use firefox - i just wont hate using lame windows standard computers as much.

First of all hackers target popular products thus making IE more of a target than Firefox right off the bat. People have grudges against microsoft so they target their exploits and hacks there first.IE 0 Firefox 1Next on the security list... Firefox has a few GREAT features that make it way stronger than IE could ever hope to be. 1. Addons, 2. Popup blocking. IE has neither of these features builtin. The addons feature allows people or Mozilla themselves to provide helpful addons to provide functionality and additional security to the browser. The popup blocker is one of the more advanced I have seen... There are claims of new 'unstoppable' popups... I have yet to have a problem with any popup whatsoever using firefox.IE 0 Firefox 2Now you may ask... which is easier/more user friendly. Well, Microsoft as we all know aims for everything to be user friendly... Just look at the Windows Server products. A freakin blindman could be a server admin. Firefox has tabs... IE doesnt. Firefox's preferences are reminiscent of Netscape Navigator... a big plus as there are more options and its easier to follow the menu heirarchy. IE wishes it was that easy. Firefox can import bookmarks from other browsers. IE Can't. Firefox has a manageable download center with tons of customizations available. IE Doesnt. Built in theme support... IE Doesnt have it but Windows XP does.. however thats not standalone theme management... thats depending on the OS. Looks like IE falls short again.IE 0 Firefox 6Now since it looks a bit unfair.. lets try to even it up. Who has better support for bug fixes... ROFL um, wrong place to start.IE 0 Firefox 7Memory Usage... okay... well since IE is built into the kernel... it can play hide and seek with its memory usage. Firefox tends to use a bit more, but you get what you "pay" for in this case. Firefox uses more but it runs a whole hell of a lot better. Unfortunately IE takes the point here.IE 1 Firefox 8...feel free to add on to this.

I like Firefox a lot, because of the tabbed browsing and the integrated search engines. But it seems that lately a lot of pop-up ads are getting past it. I don't know why because it never used to do that. It won't stop me from using Firefox, it is just kind of annoying.

I think IE is good. I have played around with firefox and didn't really see anything that interesting except the tabbed browsing. I think MS could pull that off if they relly wanted to but they are to busy with windows and all the other programs they make.

Honestly, to be perfectly honest, I have generally stood by Internet Explorer, mainly because the only alternative I knew of, until acouple months ago, was Netscape, which, IMHO, sucks next to Internet Explorer. But, now that I've read about Firefox, I'm going to download it and play around with it for a couple of reasons. First, to see how much better it may be than IE, and also to check my sites in Firefox to see how well it may or may not be coming out, so I can better manage the designing of my sites, since it seems like more and more people are moving over to Firefox, so it would behoove me to be able to give the same kind of browsing experience to both parties.

Besides the fact that explorer is widely exploited and is hacked often, it doesnt even work on my computer. Also all my pop-ups come from that one browser even though i never installed it on my computer. I use Netscape and yes im sure its just as bad. But just like everyother browser ever made Firefox will eventually end up like all the others. Even though nobody should have to deal with something like this.

Have no doubts... It IS Firefox! Or whatever they choose to call it the next version (It was called firebird earlier tongue.gif )Firefox is technically superior and there is no doubt regarding that. But we should keep in mind that it lacks something that IE is blessed with. IE is bundled with Windows and Windows is the OS of >90% (I think) of all the Pcs in the World!!!Most of the people out there using PCs for basic purposes haven't even heard of the term 'browser' leave alone 'firefox'! So how do you expect them to download and install that software?Most of the 'learned' men with whom I work do not even know the basics of surfing... how do we expect them to 'switch' to firefox?Firefox CANNOT rule the World. Unless Bill Gates buys it or adopts it tongue.gif ...which will be a shame if it happens...So, the truths:1. Firefox is the superior browser2. IE is the dominant browser3. Firefox may never be the dominant browser4. It is a pity... and a shame...Hope I will be proven wrong...

I feel that Internet Explorer is very miserable with the security concerns,But it is more of the buzz for FireFox rather than service that is bieng offererd by the FireFox.Like all the features that you have in FireFox is also supported by Opera,but nobody cares to appreciate Opera.

I mainly use Safari. I will say that I am not surpirsed that FF borrowed some the interface design from Apple. (like the Search bar, tabs, etc...) When I am in windows I use Netscape 8 now which gives me the choice of rendering with either the MSIE engine (trident? iirc) or the FireFox Engine with tabbed browsing and some other features that are cool and like.

**Adds Poll**<---Although we already know who the winner will be :D.My personal opinion: IE loads faster...But Firefox does not have so many security issues.If IE could get tabbed browsing (coming inside IE7), and then if it found a way to solve ALL of it's issues involving so many spyware breeches and hacks onto it's software...Then it'd definately way in against firefox.For now though, firefox has all those qualities...Minus the ultra fast load at times...(and the big resource hoggyness).Sos my final decision has to be...Firefox...And I was the first to vote :D.

Internet Explorer is faster, looks better and the toolbars can be customized much better. I don't need tabbed browsing, I use Windows taskbar. I turned off ActiveX, but only because I can't stand no stupid Flash banners anymore.Concerning security: Security holes and exploits for these are floating around just because Internet Explorer is the most used browser. Little holefinder kiddies are much more interested in IE. Internet Explorer simply is a larger target, that's what I'm thinking. I wonder why Firefox users never seem to get tired of telling how evil and unsecure Internet Explorer is. It's cool if they have found a better browser for themselves, but why are they always talking about it? I will never understand. GreetingZ :D