xisto Community
bridenhosen

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played RPG=role playing game

My favorite Role Playing games are MegaMan Battle Network all versions . It is very very interesting . Some Bosses sre annoying more than in the original series . BATTLE NETWORK all the ways.

Without a doubt, Morrowind. I havn't played oblivion yet(for long) and for my own mental health and that of my girlfriend, I may not ever. Seriously, if anyone reading this hasn't played it go and get it. The game is and still is many respects way in advance of it's time. Ok, so the fighting was shady at best (this could be changed with a plug-in) and there was a fair amount of reading and most of all the first time you play it you're totally and utterly lost. The depth and consitency have yet to be matched in my opinion, theres still amazing community support for the game, 1000's of plug-ins, quests etc and you even get the amazing editor with it. look stop reading this, go and buy it now.

I don't consider Zelda and Diablo II really RPG games, for example... More like adventure games with a developed but very linear plot. But I like them a lot, definitely part of my personal history. But for 'TEH PWN' RPGs... I'd say Baldur's Gate series without a doubt. The game has really endless possibilities, amazing story, tons of classes, mods, npcs... It is directly followed by both Fallout and Elder Scrolls series. I personally don't like most 'Japanese-looking' RPGs, though I must say some like Breath of Fire and, in a lesser way, Final Fantasy really got me, so nice they are.

Interesting to read through the threads; agree with some, disagree w/ several. Final Fantasy VII definately was one of the better games, though not sure if it is the best Final Fantasy... I would probably have to say VI takes the cake for Final Fantasy.Other favorites:Chrono Trigger - I love this game; one of the few games I can play over and over (night and day better than Chrono Cross)Ultima IV - Quest of the AvatarDW III (NES) - love the character class changesDW IV (SNES) - awesome storyline, the recent games just cant compareWorse RPG's:Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest-Jason

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played - RPG=role playing game

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played

I would say that Final Fantasy 7 is the best game ever played. It has the best story line that goes beyond your wildest dreams. I love it.

-reply by laziboi

my fav rpg game!

My fav would be runescape. I no I might get lame some times but every couple days you find a new fun and exciting thing to do. For me I'm a member, members are fun because there are more things 2 do. My lvls are good but not the best. I like making frieds on the game but I want friendly friends.

Q: y are people on none members world so mean but in members world all the people are friendly?

Ps: plzz answer

By David

-reply by David

I would defnitely have to say that the best role playing game i have ever played is world of warcraft.The sounds and the enviroment really make you feel like your in the game. Running thruogh the terain, and its just verey lively. Unlike most game there is no real grinding process to get to the maximum level. The only grinding is for higher end luxury items which are not needed at all. Thus allowing people who play once a week and 12 hours a day be at the same positionI really like their customer service also, gms contact you immediately, often reverse actions which are accidents. For 15$ its defnitely worth it.I've been playing it for an year and theres nothing better IMO, can't wait for wrath of the lich king to come out this year.The endgame is awsome too, i really like the concept of raiding.If anyone wants to look me up i play on <altar of storms> [uS][PVP]Lvl 70 Druid : azshalasLVL 70 Lock : maxpayne (my pvp guy!)

I think Gothic III is the very best RPG game ever, though it has a thousand bugs.. Even after the latest patch release ><-reply by Henk

The best best best rpg is SUIKODEN 2 and 1, followed by chrono cross, ff7 and 9.I also liked wild arms 2,rhapsody, legend of mana.But SUIKODEN IS JUST absolutely breath taking and addictive. It has may favorite: 2D graphics, I hate those bad 3D games, A BUNCH OF CUTE CHARACTERS WITH DIFFERENT ABILITIES, AND SO MANY PLACES TO GO AND TO MEET. -reply by dandibert

Very tough question

Well in my humble opinion it's too broad a question to ask what the best RPG game is. I'm an old timer (42) and in my teen years is when the first arcades were made...Good ole days.

I would say you should break the category down further to be

MMORPG

Single Player RPG

Even that would be tough because a lot of RPG's span into the adventure/strategy/other game style realms. I've played EQ, EQII, DAOC, Shadowbane as far as MMORPG's. I stopped there as they take so much time committment. DAOC was pretty good though it needed serious adjustments when it came to PVP. They really needed to work on making PVP work better for all levels. In the end I got angry with it because they gimped my ranger seriously bad.

Single Player RPG: Ultima Underworld was fantastic. It emersed me though it's years old. I loved the rogue style games. Recently Oblivion has impressed me a great deal again with emersion.

-reply by Dale