xisto Community
junaid

Get A Free Domain An easy way of Getting a free domain

I wouldn't feel safe gettin a free domain ;) , but it would be nice to have. I would rather get mine by paying for it. ;);)

It depends on how the system works!I got a free domain and it worked great. Actually, what I got was an $8.00 voucher for a domain registrar service. All I had to do was earn enough credits to trade in for the voucher. The voucher worked fine and the domain was mine do do with as I pleased. I had full control over the domain name and was able to transfer it to my current registrar with little difficulty. I just figured that GoDaddy was better than Optinom and I have 3 other domains with GoDaddy so it seemed like the reasonable thing to do.

I nearly have enough points to get another voucher so I might do another transfer or maybe get another domain name.

There is more information about creating a website with no money on my website:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

vujsa

Getting a co.cc or co.nr is waste. They are subdomains and the problem comes when we want to make money online from our sites. co.cc and co.nr are not allowed by Adsense. So going for a Blogspot subdomain is much more preferable.

It's offline now... I personally don't think these sites actually last a long time... And oh yeah... it's my first post!!! Yay!!!

"Shutmail" service is down now. Alternative in meantime is ".tk" and ".co.cc" domains. ".co.nr" is free option but requires you to use backlink or small banner at footer. Also these domains are not TLD(top-level domains). No point in choosing them for longer run. If you are running fansites/fan boards and have no financial interests from it then you can use such domains. More such domains are available on Smartdots.

I registered for it and am testing it out as we speak...Just w8ing for the 48hour conformation e-mail...
As for hte count thing...Yeah that's assish...But meh...It's counts per year...Sp I'm sure you could get the necessary amount of views.

Besides...Just try to attrack U.S or Canada to your website and you'll be fine :D

Edit: There are ALOT of ads on this site though.

Yeah but now their website doesn't exist i think it is gone but wayy to much ads :P