xisto Community
vujsa

How Did You Learn Html

How did you first learn to create web pages?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I learned HTML with trusty Notepad and guess n` check methods. First of all I remember I asked my brother to do the basic structure for me and then I just memorized that. Now basically I apply it and then with all the other scripts available on the web its really easy to do the rest.

I learned HTML mostly by example. I took a few tutorials, but I would look at other sites' source code. From there I would just mess around with things on my editor and get the hang of it.

My first site was very simple, but not to me then. I made it using frames, because i wanted the links to be beside the content and I was no good with tables or CSS yet. So frames it was, which I got the code from a help site.

It's pretty much been an adventure from there. I learned CSS and I love it. Now I'm currently learning ASP.NET, PHP, and JavaScript.

Maybe one day I'll do this professionally. :P

I learned HTML almost 10 years ago, first I begun downloading some WebPages, viewing the source code and modifying it by trial and error method; later I studied some online HTML tutorials and I made some simple websites, but soon I quit HTML programming.

Now after some years without practice, I want to learn XHTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL. :P

Basically, I started off with tutorials on the web, because my school didn't offer it. It took me a while, but you get the hang of it eventutally. A really good HTML site (that was practically my bible when i was first learning) is HTMLgoodies.After you get the hang of it, though, that's basically when you can start visiting sites and viewing their source. You really need to understand atleast the basics before you can attempt to understand site sources. And, oh yeah, PRACTICE! i hate to say it, but practice makes perfect. After you've played with HTML for quite some time, you begin to pick up and create your own little tricks. Right now, I'm doing a coding course at my uni, and because I already know stuff, it helps to just refine my knowledge and organise myself a bit better. So really, learning it yourself pays off.Oh, and just a warning, NEVER try to use books. They only serve to completely and utterly confuse you, and fill you with useless information about HTML... not the relevant stuff.

By the time I got interested in creating my own sites, I was already a hopless internet addict. Or Nutrinopets addict, to be more specific. But anyway, I had already tried to create a site using like, website builders and stuff, but I just couldn't get what I wanted. So I of course talked to my dad(the computer expert of the family), and for my 12th birthday he got me a couple HTML books(that was only the start of the geekiness). So I read the books and I learned the basic stuff, and made my first(horrible) website about wolves. I still haven't read the whole book, I just go back and look up the things I need to here and there. And since then I've moved on to PHP, and am in the process of creating my own [hopefully] awesome virtual pet site. So there's my story. :P

My oldest brother shown me how to make my own name appears on title bar of browser and I stay fascinated. Then I begun with a notepad and the code that i opened of others webpages. Was the age o IE3.0 yet... and the need make learn the javascript, php, mysql, cfm, asp... flash and ever ahead!

I took learning HTML on as a summer project. I spent a little time each day reading about a new HTML tag. I then signed up for a free tripod account. (Back then Tripod didn't have any ads on their pages :-( ) I began to practice my HTML. Although I never actually composed a full web page, I did know HTML very well. Since the people in my school are about the most computer illiterate people you'll ever meet, I was the only student that knew HTML, and for this reason, me and my teacher are the only ones who built, and currently maintain the website. We use Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. You don't really have to know HTML to use this program, I still find myself writing a lot of code to get the web page to come out just right!I am currently a senior in high school, and I feel sorry for my teacher next year for I have seen the next wave of students coming in. I think you can find more computer experience in a jar of mayonnaise!!!Now that I have mastered HTML, I am going to take on my next summer project, CGI/Perl Scripts.

I learned by using FrontPage. I had a quick look at it and was suddenly enthrolled. I thought this is so cool. So I thought that there might be some coding behind it, and everytime I put in something into the edit (or normal) view like a table, I quickly changed to the HTML view and saw what was going on. It took about 4 months of continuous exploring, but I finally figured it all out. Then came CSS. I had to learn that by example and looking at the reference guide given with Namo Webeditor.I only learn minor things now, like the box-model (in which I hhave never used).

Hey, I'm Lauren...

I am still learning HTML, there are only a few things I can do.

I learned from MySpace Forums...

How to customize your profile and do HTML.

They have a LOT of stuff on there.

I'm sure there's more I would like to learn, like how to put a counter on MySpace...

Or if that's even possible.

Oh yes, I also want to know who is looking at my profile.

Or do something, I'm a little freaked out that anyone can look at all my stuff.

I would rather stick with MySpace because I have found a lot of my old friends on there.

Plus it seems to me that everyone these days has a MySpace.

LOL If I knew how I would post the link of the profile help.

It iz pretty coool. :(

I have never posted in this HTML group before so I hope I can learn a lot more here then on MySpace.

Haha. Thanks for reading!

HAVE A GREAT DAY. :D

I learned the ropes from my dad.. Who's a PHP expert guy chipmunk thing. I used to think it was absolutely great! that you would type in all the separate little things like <HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE></HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML> but now I avoid it whenever possible because I must have typed that stuff 2 million times by now..

I first learned HTML a few years ago when my dad gave me a printed-out copy of
The Beginner's Guide to HTML. After going through that, I looked at random sources like other online guides and website source code. I'm sure there are other sources, but I forgot them. :(

I first learned HTML by playing around with Geocities back in... 96-97 I can't really remember that far back but I can definitely remember how useless my first few webpages were. I pretty much learned by looking at source code from other sites and then trying to modify it. After that I played around with this program called AOLPress and that taught me alot. Ever since then I've been still modifying code and looking at web guides to learn new things.

I learned HTML about 2 years ago. I surfed online and found http://www.draac.com/. I think its a very good beginners HTML site. They explain EVERYTHING and I mean everything. I learned over 75% of my HTML from that site. I recomend it to ANYONE starting out. I kinda just looked at it for a few days and taught myself. Now Im an excellent HTML designer and Im working on mastering PHP, which is a LOT harder than HTML but now that Im learning it...it helps my site out ALOT.