xisto Community
vujsa

How Did You Learn Html

How did you first learn to create web pages?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I was 13 I was really into the band Slipknot. I could never go to concerts, and none of the people in my neighborhood or in school really knew who they were... So I taught myself HTML to make my own fansite to show my love for the music and to be around other "maggots." I also have this obsession with creation and customization, I'm a sucker for anything I can change to suit my own tastes... No matter how useless and dorky it is Lol.

hmm... i learned or knew about html when i was trying Microsoft Frontpage.. i tried everything there.. like if i do this, it will show that, if i do that, it will show this.. it was kind like trial and error... and now, i still depend on frontpage, as I like to see the outcome from the code i made... :lol:

I mostly learned by example.. I would download source codes, look at them, and just be able to understand them.. It's not like their really difficult to get, but for some people it seems to be.. HTMLGoodies was a good one, also planet-source-code.com >=]

I never learnt it good. But a few years a go i read the very first basics in a magazine. It were only a few things, but in any case I know it starts with <html> :lol:. I think i'm going to learn all this later. I'm just 14 and at school. So I have to learn much. But i wanna do something with computers later, so maybe i'm gonna be a very good html writer.... :lol:

Well, I learnt a few of the basics like background colour changing, text changing and how to put a image in. It seemed really fund and me and my mate would spend hours just mucking around with what we had and eventually taught ourselves links. We were using edit plus wich is fairly basic compared to other programs I use like 1st page pro and frontpage... (i still use edit plus sometimes but I use notepad more than anything, it's the fastest way to quickly fix a mistake) ...and then we just mucked around trying to discover new codes by just typing in basically anything. We ended up learning tables and were mastering the basics. We found a site called funky chickens (cant remember the url) this site just had the basics and variations of them. Once learning all them my friend kept on going to tutorials, while I vistsed good looking sites, viewed their sorced and saw how they did it. I eventually learnt by looking at peoples sorce codes lol.

It was about 2 years ago, about June 2003. I has just started to learn web page design in my drafting class near the end of the school year. We used Notepad to create those first "oh so simple" header tags. Then, we moved on to adding links, images, backgrounds, etc. from a site called pagetutor.com. My first site looked, to put it lightly, atrocious. An eyesore!After that, I started to explore web design on my own. I began to search for tutorials that were more coherent. I ended up on htmlgoodies.com, and I started to learn more HTML. I also dipped into bravenet.com's tutorial as well. Along with HTML, I also picked up the CSS language.And things just went upwards from there.Two years later, I can code efficiently in HTML CSS JS and PHP along with some MySQL. And that's about it.

I learned by experimenting and failure. when i first got into it i learned a few commands and stuff, and i thought i knew alot. then someone asked me to do a website for them, and i found out how much i didn't know. :P Needless to say, after that disappointing experience i resolved to study other people's webpages and learn from that. but i never got around to that. i thought of studying a book, but i couldn't keep my mind on it long enough. so basically i just learned through trial and error, what worked and what didn't. it's not the best way definitely. now my knowledge of HTML is below what it should be, and i no longer have the time to study it, what with work and a family to take care of now. ...one of those lost opportunities.Since i have a problem especially with finding errors in code, i use dreamweaver with a split interface. things never were easier, though admittedly it makes you lazy.

I learned it through picking it up a bit at a time. I watched other people doing it on and off and I am part of a team of people developing a website, so I got some experience through that. I do not now it completely though. Especially not divs and tables. :P

I learned html through a couple of different ways. The first is by "borrowing" other people's code. By clicking the right mouse button & veiwing the source. Another way I learned is from online sites. Site's like draac.com,offer tutorials as well as page design templates. Another way I learned was through the help guides on Frontpage & Dreamweaver.