xisto Community
vujsa

How Did You Learn Html

How did you first learn to create web pages?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I learned the basics of HTML from Geocities. I was intrigued on creating websites. Ive seen so many websites hosted on it I was informed it was built free if you have a yahoo account. I started using the wizards etc..Geocities helpfiles was good to..and it gave me ideas about html editors like frontpage which leads me to exploring more about those preset templates in msfrontpage. next stage i found http://www.w3shools.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t which introduced me to different languages such as asp, php...etc..

I always wondered how sites were built so when I discovered the amazing feature that was View Source, I began teaching myself how to things by comparing the codes of various sites with their layouts.Then I found out what FrontPage was and so I started building my first website with that, as horrible as it was. It was faulty, error prone, and took ten minutes to update a few lines. So after that I realised I was going to have to learn it the hard way.So after asking for a few recommendations from Message Boards, I started working through the W3C tutorials on XHTML to build a safe, easy to read site. Then I found a neat website at http://www.htmldog.com/ which I still use today...things just began getting more and more simpler for me to update. Soon I discovered a thing called PHP and that it could integrate with XHTML and updating my site would take a minute at most!

I learned HTML at our school, although it was very prehistoric, we use notepad to design our first own page. Using frames that are not search engine friendly. HTML is a great achievement of among the computer history.

I learned it through reading a book that i saw lying around.. it was pretty cool, so i decided to try building my own webpage with angelfire & started with the easybuilder there...easybuilder was more confusing to me than html so i used it & view source...

I learned it either when I was 11 or 12( I can't remember) by reading a book. Don't askl me why I learnt it, because I didn't actually learn much, ubt I can jsut about manage to build a website with frames without reading a book.Disclaimer: 'Without reading a book' does allow: looking at other pages source, reading two or more books, asking my dad, etc.Yep, I'm rubbish at it, programming is more my style (that's why i try to use js in my websites - no of which actually got uploaded, though.)

I learned through practice, just grabbed notepad and had W3Schools open, everytime I wanted something I looked it up and remembered it next time, it was a life saver really. Through practice comes my best work. Im now concentraiting on updating my school's HTML learning course to XHTML to make sure the future is compliant.

I first learned HTML about 3 years ago. My Stepdad was studying Computer Science at Devry at the time and looking through his stuff I found the book he used the semester before. I basically taught myself by following the tutorials inside of it. In the end I had made several basic websites and was well on my way to learning. From there I basically saved any site that I thought the layout looked neat and I would examine and extract the source code... Completely sef taught. my stepdad criticizes me for liking to hand code everything and making my sites so complex but I can't do it any other way. I have Frontpage & Dreamweaver at my disposal but in the end I always end up hand coding everything :D.If I liked it I tried to emulate it and eventuallys I combined it with the rest of the stuff and in the end... well its a huge mass of HTML and a website :DUnoriginal? Maybe but in the end it is me who hand coded it and its not like I am ripping someone else's website... completly... maybe

about five years ago my school needed to renew the site, but the webmaster was fired so the site was unmainteined....and at that time i wasn't studying anything for school, so i tried to make a good site for my school, i searched for examples in internet, from other sites and i bought a book, then i started to make on a block notes the site map with the things that i had to put into the site :Dthen i started to make some web pages, and remake the same pages until the results was quite good =)

I learned extremely basic html with an old program called adobe pagemill (Those who recognise that program's name know just how ridiculously outdated my capabilities are). Basically I just learned from trial and error. As my site evolved, so did my needs. I also spent a lot of looking at what other people were doing and subsequently trying to figure out what it was they had done to get it.

Taught it to myself in the 8th grade (a looooong time ago) using whatever online guides I could find. HTML is such a simple "language" (if you can even call it that)...extremely basic in almost every aspect. Just learn the tags, and you're set.

Hmm. Was 14? Bought Idiot's Guide to HTML 4 because I couldn't find the Dummies version. Read the entire book, practised as much as possible. I still have the book around, it's quite old already, but I hardly use it unless it's something I haven't typed for a long time, like frames or something. What I did pick up pretty recently was CSS. CSS wasn't really supported across the board until like 3 or 4 years ago?and I didn't bother to buy a book, so I went to places like webmonkey.com and really scrutinised other people's codes. I can't say I've mastered CSS, but enough to make a decent website...Now I'm trying to understand XHTML... anyone has a good site to recommend?

I started to learn HTML about three years ago from book, this book I have know from this book I got basic of html, then someone recommended http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp it is really good way to learn html (there is also PHP, flash, javascript, sql and other good lessons).

chiiyo you can try this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've bought a book about a month ago. I created a website first day. Of course it was primitive (...and still is primitive :) ). I use HTML language, becouse I think that is the easiest way to learn web page making.I use notepad for writing HTML...Now I understand: HTML is easy, but scripting+HTML is hard...