xisto Community
vujsa

How Did You Learn Html

How did you first learn to create web pages?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I learnt HTML by example in Word 97 believe it or not. Notably my HTML skills where very lacking, but you get that. :)I processed to notepad then to frontpage and dreamweaver. Now i use a mix of dreamweaver and editplus (notepad like thing for those of you that dont know :()

I learned HTML about 9 years ago by picking downloading small websites onto my own computer and playing around with the HTML. When I changed something, I'd look to see how it had affected the page. I'm more of a hands-on learner, so that approach worked the best for me. I'm not too keen on reading through 1000 pages worth of "How-to's". I just like to jump in and try it for myself. :rolleyes:

I learned HTML by books and by trying, i just maked a little example of a webpage and makes everytime a bit more. At the end i had a complete website, but it's still not totaly finished.

I mainly learned HTML by looking osmosis. I honestly don't know how I learned but I think that it was a combo of most of the various methods, except for taking a class. My "skills" however, aren't really that good. My code is sort of HTML 1 class tags linked to a simple CSS style sheet...

I learned HTML through this site called Lissa Explains like a month ago, when i was 14. :rolleyes: I was pretty desperate to skin my xanga, so my online buddies suggested me to visit it, so i did. the tutorials are mainly for kids, so it's very easy to understand.and i mean,really really easy. the site makes learning HTML fun and easy.

I started teaching myself html about a week ago by taking a copy of the source code and the acual web page of random sites. I have been reading through the html line by line and attempting to line up the coding to what it did on the site. I did not have a free webpage at the time so I logged on to my old neopets account, created a guild, and started experimenting with the stuff I learned. I'm still rather new to html, but I have learned a lot in the time I have put into it. I would have to say that I rely most heavily on simple tables and absolute positioning to create what I need. Anyways, thats about that.Matt, the almighty Norwegian, signing off :rolleyes:

I tought my self, At first it was hard but after a while of making stuff on frontpage and looking at the tags I started using more and more htlm by notpad than html from FrontPage.

I had one of those really bad computer classes back in elementry school (canadian school so it goes up to grade 7)anyways I learned a class called "Computer Tech" its more like a freaking keyboard class but near the end we learned some HTML, likejust the body background basic stuff.I never went anywhere with it after that, which probably explains why I need a coder to get any site strated now days. I might just crack open a book and not relay on other people but now there is that whole PHP, XHTML, Flash and stuff just sounds like too much work for me :rolleyes:

I first learnt HTML in 1998 when I wanted to do a personal webpage (back in the days when I and my friends thought that everyone actually wanted to read about us and our interests....)I started by using a book and typing the HTML into notepad. Infact I still do that to this day. I prefer to do that rather than use Frontpage or Nvu etc. I feel like I have accomplished more by doing it myself, and it makes sure that I don't forget any of it. I eventually added some javascript (little messages in the status bar, alerts and onmouseover effects) and left it at that. Then when I decided to set up my own business, I realised that the little I did know wasn't going to be enough. I needed to know php for form-to-email and database control. I also looked at perl for counters and password protection (although I now incorprate this into the php and databases).I have always found that the best incentive to learn is need. If I didn't need to learn all of this, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I started off by reading a book, which told me the basics. It was quite old and outdated, and never wnet past the basics at all. I was able to make really basic pages with text, images, etc, but nothing amazing.Since then, I taught myself. Sometimes (not extreemely often) I'll look at a pages source, and plough through it, figuring out how it works and teaching myslef new tags and techniques and so on.