xisto Community
kids25

Best Anti-virus Programs ?

@jordan: I am sorry but i don't know because my software is not yet expires. By the way you can get not only one year trial but 2 years trial. If my one year trial antivirus has expired or will expire within 20 days, i can get one year more by renewing my subscription (only one year and no more, i think)

I'm running Norton Internet Security '05 right now because I got 60 free days of it when I bought this computer.However: I hate it. I hate it so much, in fact, that I'll probably spend part of my free time tomorrow trying to find something to replace it.1. This thing sucks down memory like non-Norton users wouldn't believe. 2. The firewall stinks. It comes up with all these stupid prompts that are essentially pointless (even when I try to configure it NOT to bother me when I do something like, oh, try to open MSN Messenger). Its learning curve also reeks, because it should know by now that I really *do* want to send outgoing files through AIM, and it should therefore stop bugging me about it.3. Its spyware protection is pathetic at best. AdAware (which is free I should add - I love you, LavaSoft) caught 11 problems. Norton didn't catch anything. And this program is allegedly keeping my system protected automatically every second that I'm online.4. Nuts to it. It's a pile of junk and I'm tired of dealing with it - even if I *DO* have someting like 2.5 more months of free service. Ugh.

By the way you can get not only one year trial but 2 years trial.

One year trial is great, I was afraid of one month trial, which is absolutely useless if you have no money for buying the sortware. One year trial is great, I will give it a try.Thanks
Yordan

I use Avast, after many antivirus softwares tryed, Avast is still No.1 choice for me and company where I work. With a builtin windows firewall, and Avast running in background, you are safe.

USE LINUX YOU DUMMIE!

Because none of you is logged as root on a Linux system. and /home is read-only for everybody including yourself. Huh ? ;);) Quite not sure !
I'm convinced that people who log to Windows with administrator rights will log to Linux with root permissions. And they will have exactly the same viruses...

I use ClamAV for windows. The virus scannner doesn't have on accsess scanning, but it hardly uses any resources at all. ClamAV tends to get 3 or 4 updates every day! It's also open source which makes it 10x cooler... ;) Hmm... I am logged into my admin acct right now! I guess i'm guilty of lazyness! You can still install things on user accts in linux though! So I won't be getting online on my root acct any time soon... ;)

I use Avast Anti-Virus. I'm not sure if it's the best or not, but it's free. It hasn't given me any problems and catches all the viruses that seem to be thrown at it. I'm satisfied with it, and as long as it's free I'll continue to use it.

No, he'd better not. Linux only gives a false feeling about safety, but it's as vulnerable as windows if it's configured bad.

It's really more safely than Windows systems but it's not for talking here about B)
Linux needs more capable user - better administrator, that can controll system and its' programms.

Returning to the topic: me and my friends were using Kaspersky Antivirus a long time... It's very popularly in the former USSR countries.
But system is so high loaded when KAV is working... normal user can't do anything - just wait, or buy more powerful PC.

Now the best Antivirus program is only DrWeb (http://www.drweb.ru/) for me.
Low system load - fast working, good and accurate interface, small distribution.
It has trial license method and of couse cheap for buing.

Have a look on it! You'll be glad!