xisto Community
kids25

Best Anti-virus Programs ?

I am going to give my experience in antivirus: At the moment in company was using Norton (without commentaries) since there are PC of all type. is that this I do not detect a troyan or but said to several and me well colo in the network which I mainly generate problems in equipment with Win XP, which I did was to take hold a different PC and to prove antivirus: - Norton: I squander of space and time (it does not detect everything, colan the troyans), Script little effective Blocking, not act on the Phising in the post office - Mcafee: Security Center 8 uses (if the graphic interface is hung, quite heavy, hangs and kgaste, does not serve), much graphic and little protectionF-prot: it gave some problems me when installing it in a XP, consumes enough and necessary of resources but him let pass a troyan and did not become anything: /Avast: free (version home).... they wen script blocking.... but him intruduce a troyan and next of I scan I do not detect it, I maintain it like option since it occupies few resources.Kapersky: I have not given with a version that works to the 100% and without the weeo of the registry key, or those that and entered not so good.....BitDefender: and not proven itSophos: yet I look for a version for Win98F-Secure: EXCELLENT (if you have 256 or but of ram), I detect everything what the other antivirus let pass or they did not detect, good script blocking, constant searching of applications and has firewall built-in (junka of hairs), has good heuristica. NOD32: good antivirus, excellent decent heuristica, script blocking BUT I do not detect as troyan the file p6.exe (spybot seems that it was called) and the other, the update is latosa since if you do not have a valued user (bought) you must use some that you find in inet and those deshabilitan every certain time: / thus you remain without update..... By experience I remain far with F-Secure, if they want it to prove dowload the version F-Secure Client Security 5.55The tests I mainly did them with Win98 and the virus with which it infects the equipment was (which I decide to me): Netsky (you complete mutations) Mydoom (you complete mutations)Bagle Zafi Troyan.Dialer32 or something asi Backdor.Spybot.Gen or something so of those I decide to me but, although the ready one was but extensive much in case somebody got to have archives like sgtes: p6.exe outlookexpressupdate.exe csdata32.exe they are troyanos and the F-Secure was the unic that I detect them and I eliminate..... aaaa also I detect he Phising Bank that arrives to you by mail. I am going to continue proving to give with the antivirus that better protects the equipment of my company.....

I use AVG Free Edition, its free after all and it works good

Hi, Ryan, could you please post here the link to AVG free edition ?I am looking for a correct free anti-virus software, in order to give it to my friends.
I use Norton Antivirus at work, but all my friends have no money for buying an anti-virus software, so they sorf on the net without anti-virus and they have a lot of problems. So, I could give them a free anti-virus, it could help.
I am satisfied with Mc Afee Scan 9, no problems till now. But I really would have access to a free anti-virus for people I help installing their computer, so they would be protected without giving a lot of money, and withour risking because of not having paid.

AVG Free: http://www.avg.com/cz-cs/free-antivirus-download

I use avast and I'm realy happy 'bout it. It has everything to be secure, default shield (on access hdd), Internet Post (any pop, smtp, imap, nntp action is being scanned, protocol/port wise), Web shield (anything comming throug port 80 is being scanned), IM (MSN, AIM, ICQ, ...), Network shield (pretty lame thing, only detects intrusions), P2P Shield (Kazaa, Directconnect, Bittorrnet, Shareaza, ...).
Realy rocks. I combine this with scanning now and then using FreeAV and Bitdefender.

Hi, I use AVG FREE edition. It works well for me. i have even heard that it detects some viruses that no other virus scanner detects.Bitdefender is an antivirus software, but i have not yet used it.

I would suggest Nod32.
You can download a trial version here: Nod32

and if you are satisfied with it, you can purchase it for a really cheap price.
I personnaly tried it and unlike many antivirus, it's really quiet and does not slow the computer at all.

Very simple to use and it does the job great!

I would suggest Nod32. if you are satisfied with it, you can purchase it for a really cheap price.

$40 a single-user licence, $170 a 5-user licence, I would not say that it's cheap. I would rather say that it's at a price similar to Mc Afee or Norton Anti-virus.
Personally, if you are not sure wanting to buy this software, I would avoid installing the trial version. Because of time limitating things, a trial version often installs things on your PC which prevents competitor's software from running correctly.

Don't shoot me for this, but I don't realy advise Norton Antivirus, I'd even say; NEVER RUN IT W/O ANOTHER VIRUSSCANNER INSTALLED. I know a lot of people who had Norton (updated ofcourse) installed and after running some free virus scanner they realized their system was full of viri :D , plus it's buggy and slows down your system.

Don't shoot me for this, but I don't realy advise Norton Antivirus, I'd even say; NEVER RUN IT W/O ANOTHER VIRUSSCANNER INSTALLED. I know a lot of people who had Norton (updated ofcourse) installed and after running some free virus scanner they realized their system was full of viri :D , plus it's buggy and slows down your system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know!

i really can't stand norton, i once had to format my computer because it ruined everything.

For Anti-Virus systems, I highly reccomend Norton, I have bough Noton Anti-Virus 2005, works great, stops anything from getting into your computer! It is fast, reliable, safe, effective, everything you need in an Anti-Virus program, if your looking for one, definately go with norton! Its the best you can get. It's not that much either, anyone could afford it, check it out today!

I have tried most of the programs here but the one that has served me the best is f-secure antivirus. Its free (6 month trial but u can keep on re-registering with a new name ;) )and is very powerful. i surf the web and as soon as i go on a site or click on a link that has a virus it automaticly pops up and all u do is click next and the virus is gone. Not like Avg where it was almost impossible for me to every delete a virus. Now my computer has not one virus in it I am almost posotive. and i would also recommend Ad-aware for removing spyware its very powerful.

I have an old computer and no money. That's why i use a one year trial antivirus. It is eTrust EZ Antivirus. It's really work in my old computer and i don't have any more virus since i use this antivirus. It block virus too.

@meandtheweb : how does your trial version ? Is it a permenent trial version, or is it a time-limited version ? I had bad experience with time-limited versions, because when the time expires, the time-limited antivirus version stops working, and unfortunately (huh ?) prevents competitor's antivirus software from installing correctly on your system.