xisto Community
kids25

Best Anti-virus Programs ?

After reading so many good posts on this topic about AVG on this topic, I gave it a try. I must say it's very good, but I'm not sure if it's better than Norton. I think that the best antivirus will be the one released by microsoft. Their anti spyware is just... awesome...

I use Norton Antivirus 2005. I'm with Norton from 2000 years. Norton AV works fine for me. Of course I had some viruses, but it's not possible to avoid them 100%.

heyThe best anti spyware en cleaner and everything in one is HITMAN PROsurfright.nl/en it cleanes and protects :)Greetz Luc

I use Norton, i think it's good enough. For anti-spyware I use microsoft antispyware. I think it's very good. And i don't use a firewall, expet that my router has a firewall, but that sucks, cus when i try to open or close some ports, my router chrashes.

There is no such thing as a best antivirus program. Each has their own ways of detecting viruses and trojans. I agree that some may detect and remove trojans that others (like Norton) may not find, but I'm sure the reverse occurs also. Personally, I'm a AVG user also. I tell all my friends about it and they also said it detected more trojans than Norton and McAfee does.

My suggestion is to have more than one antivirus scan. It's highly recommended that you don't install two antivirus programs on your computer, but there is one exception that I know of now. Ewido's site says that their antivirus programs are compatibile with a lot of other A/V programs. So you should be ok using them side by side. For the list of compatible A/V programs with Ewido, take a look at their Compatibility list.

That should protect you as long as you keep them up to date. Just as a second check, I also suggest running online virus scans:

Panda ActiveScan

TrendMicro

All those programs (and online scans) are free (or have free editions).

A good one is NOD32. i don't know why it's not so well known, as it's very good and has won lots of tests including best detection of wild viruses. the only problem is that it doesn't come bundled with a firewall, but for that i use tiny pro, the combination works wonders. Another plus to NOD32 is that they release virus updates every few hours, generally, or at least once a day. Also it's in no way, shape or form a memory hog. it adjusts itself to the memory available. on my machine with 1 GB of ram it uses about 15 MB, and on my other laptop with 128 MB it uses a total of 5 MB. where can you find something to beat that?

Hey Styx, if you think if you can get away by flooding and multi - posting, you're wrong. I know you are a newbie and want the web hosting (just like me), but you need to do it slowly and steadily, unfair methods will only complicate the matter further!!!

Norton is a good anti-virus. I've been using that and it's pretty good. Especially when u have windows xp. Windows XP gets infected easily. Or if you have programs such as kazaa, winmx, soulseek, morpheus, etc... it's good to have bullguard

Hey Styx, if you think if you can get away by flooding and multi - posting, you're wrong. I know you are a newbie and want the web hosting (just like me), but you need to do it slowly and steadily, unfair methods will only complicate the matter further!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry about that. actually i'm already hosted at Xisto, so i wasn't going for the credits here..... although, good point, i could use another site, is that allowed? understand that the connection here is an insanely slow dial-up, with frequent cuts, and when it freezes and i reload the page it sends the info again.

---- xtra posts deleted -----