xisto Community
djleli

where did you learn html from?

where you began learning html of what inspired you to start learning html. which programs did you use or which progs dyu use?

I began learning HTML from Emblas. Emblas is simple to follow and its great help to get you going. From there try websites with a larger variety of HTML Tutorials. Try searching 'HTML Tutorials' on Google.

To begin with I was using Piczo, and I was inserting my HTML into their HTML Boxes. Basically my whole site was mae up of HTML Codes. Now I have started using Notepad (On Windows) which is so much easier. Here are the steps to using Notepad for HTML:

Create your HTML and paste it into Notepad.

Save the File as 'whatever.html' It is very important you save it as '.html' instead of what Notepad automaitcally save it as '.txt'

Now open your Internet Browser

Go to 'File' then 'Open'

Find your file (the example would be saved as whatever.html) then Open it

And theres your HTML. You can now view what your code looks like.

Here are the steps to using Notepad for HTML:

Create your HTML and paste it into Notepad.

Save the File as 'whatever.html' It is very important you save it as '.html' instead of what Notepad automaitcally save it as '.txt'

Now open your Internet Browser

Go to 'File' then 'Open'

Find your file (the example would be saved as whatever.html) then Open it

And theres your HTML. You can now view what your code looks like.
If you look on a search engine there are plenty of free HTML editors in which you can paste your code and edit accordingly , one such that I used to use was NVU. I learnt HTML from HTML Dog . I found it incredibly easy to use as everything had a definition and everything was explained. Wouldn't really reccomend anywhere else to learn HTML :)

I taught myself html a few years back. I just surfed around to different sites and started looking at the source of the pages and eventually taught myself. I have went to a few different sites to learn different stuff that I didnt know how to do, but other than that it really isnt very hard just takes a little time.

Dreamweaver inspired me to learn HTML, after about 2 months, i've learned alot and it's been very handy.Being an owner of a website it's an extreme advantage for me.

I took a small HTML class in high school. I did learn quite a bit from the class, but a lot of what I figured out was from reading the textbook on my own. This mostly includes CSS. I'm surprised my teacher never got in depth with it seeing as how it's very important in my opinion.It's funny that I still remembered everything I was taught. I haven't done html coding for about 3 years prior to finding this site. Yet I still remembered very well how everything was done. There was a few things here and there that I forgot as well as new things I needed to learn. That's what google is for. I have to say the building a website has been slightly frustrating but very fun in the end.

I began learning HTML from my self, coffecup, and w3schools. I started learning HTML for the sake of our organization..as of now, I am using Adobe Design Premium CS3 to help me build sites that I want.. I am not using just HTML.. I am now integrating HTML with CSS and PHP..

Edited by dragonfang00 (see edit history)

I discovered an interest in html when I started writing my first online blog (for fun) with a couple of friends. We were all a bit clueless so we tried using frontpage, found that really frustrating and annoying so we decided to learn.I just read a few quick tutorials that I searched up on Google and started from there. Since then I've just learnt bits and pieces here and there when I've needed to for specific sites and my knowledge base has grown.

It's been a long time since I learned HTML. It was back when my site was hosted on freewebs and I switched over to "HTML only" mode. Man that was forever ago :) Not knowing anything is really a kick start to learning something.I learned HTML from w3schools.com. I really only learned the basics, to get me on my feet, then I started looking at the code of other sites, modifying it, and learning from experience. I took a class on HTML last year at school, but the teacher was pretty terrible, and it was really boring. (I slacked off a lot, too.) Overall, I suggest for people to teach themselves as much about Computer stuff as they can, because it gets really boring after a little while when people try to teach it to you, unless they're great teachers. HTML is an extremely easy language to learn and the basics can be learned exceptionally fast.

HI, i am intresting in knowing where you began learning html of what inspired you to start learning html. which programs did you use or which progs dyu use?

Dear friend I was appointed in a college of computer sciences and my main subjects were RDBMS, C++, etc. When I saw a teacher out there taken HTML classes I was attracted to the class I don't know why. Even being a teacher I attended two classes of HTML and then I concentrated on the subject and learnt it in a proper way. Thats it my dear friend.?

My history is quite complicated. Well when i was in 8 grade we had html in our syllabus. But i had frontpage at home so i was doing that stuff from 7 grade and knew quite a bit about html programming. But untill you do it on notepad you won't actually know much about the basics of html. So then again in 10 grade we had html and then again we learnt it. But this time i never touched html because1> I wanted to learn and master the basics2> My new computer didn't have frontpage

I pretty much learned html on my own I started becoming interested in different pages and how they were made and then I learned that at alot of places you can view source and see the html code and how it is written. So I did alot of surfing and looking at differnt pages and just kept working at it until I got what I wanted I make web Pages for MyLeague andI just finally got a code put together that I like I took different pieces of code from here and there changed it a little and got what I wanted Istill tweak it a little and change some stuff. I dont know a whole lot about html but I get bye with what I know. I can do what I want to do and thats what is important. I do now have dreamweaver and frontpage but I learned with out them and dont use them much unless I am stuck on something. I mostly put it together in my notepad and then put it up on my page. I have looked up a little on the net but once you get the basics of it, its not that hard. I enjoy designing pages.

In college... but I have to say that my teacher wasn't the best teacher you could get, she was really mean and didn't teach the class properly, but I learned a little bit from her and a little bit from my own... But still have to practice a lot more... :P

HTML i guess i learn t it from my school, and moreover HTML one can learn more by practice, by practice what i mean is that one has to create more web pages by writing those HTML tags and have to get familiarized, if you see in today's world we have so many software like Dream weaver etc. which allows you to create web pages without even having the knowledge of HTML ,on a broad sense this is a big advantage and if you see in dept you can find none of the younger generation will have an opportunity of studying the beautiful HTML :P :P