xisto Community
harriko

Hosting Points And Host

I think all that you hve to do is stay active on the forum. Just be helpful and your account stays open. It's pretty easy once you get going, you'll have 10 points in no time. Remember, just stay active. And welcome to the site!

Your count is reset to 5 days of credit when you receive the hosting. Every post you make in a forum that count's the posts will increase your credits. A good post will increase the credit a lot more than a one liner. When you ask for the upgrade and your status is met, you can upgrade the account and your hosting points will be reset to 5 at that time. then you build up the credits again so you have at least 7-14 days just in case. Or if you know you are going on vacation up the good post and take the time off.Downpart are when your post are considered spam or copy/paste with no effort on your part... then you may lose some or all of your hosting credits and will have to build them back up again.If you run out of hosting credits your account may be blocked and your website redirected until your posts and postquality is back up (I don't remember the the exact number of posts / credits)So every 24 hours your post credit is reduced by one day ;)Hope this explains it.Nils

I was just wondering, how long does it take for a temporarily suspended site to come back online? And how many credits do you need to get your account reactivated? (Haha, I think everyone's site should be suspended for a short time, it was a real wakeup call for me haha ;) )EDIT: Nevermind, I'm back on, and I'll make sure to post more often ;) For anyone reading this that had the same question, it came back after I posted several good topics and got it back up to 7 days.

Your Web Hosting account should not take more than an hour to come back online once you have collected enough credits to unsuspend your account.

Wow this is deja view from Xisto!

And I'm not going to request hosting here. It's just I joined to read the tutorials :P

And to answer the question, I think you don't have hosting credits deducted each month, but you DO have one hosting credits reduced every day. (at least, this is how Xisto works :P)

How come OpaQue only has 3 reputation? :P

Edit: Eww... you can see the warning thing... jk!

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)

With very talented members here, getting reputation is even harder. As said, this site is diffrent from Xisto.

Thats not bad... that means you only have to post 1 post a day, and you shoudl be good to go... my concern is who takes care of approving the host request? I dont wanna be a burden, but Im really excited on the webhost... I heard so much cool stuff, I just want to get my hands on it and see what its like.... So on average, just out of curiousity, how long does it usually take to actually get your account approve, coudl anybody help me out?? thanks in advance...

Well, 1 post a day is not too hard. But may I collect 20 credits or more and then let it deducte to 0? Moreover, does my credits be deducted ever day even if I don't have a web hosting to keep? If so, that's much over what I expect. :)

Uhm those answers are actually given on several places on this site.- Yes you can go up to as many credits as you want, I am hosted here and have 250 or more credits.- You will lose a credit a day when you are HOSTED, and only then.- You are not required to post daily, the only requirement is that you keep your credits at a good rate.

While reading across this, I came along a HORRIBLE message: my hosting credits will be reset as soon as I'm accepted member? Why the xxxx is that? I can't move my site right now, because I need to take care of preparations and so on, but c'mon, that's not fair, if I lose all the credits I achieved by now, as soon as I am approved!I mean you practically ask me to stop posting until my account is approved, what are the thoughts behind that?I'll enjoy Xisto anyway, as soon as I'm hosted, but this rule makes no sense to me.Another question I got:On the /process you can see an option called "Award Points". Is this really possible? I guess, none of you selfish people ever tried :-P just kidding. Because this would mean that a friend of mine who is also working on my website could also signup without ever trying to get approved and send his points to me, right?And this would also mean, that if I really need an answer I could award points to the one who answers my question, because I'm such a thankful person ^^ I guess no one does that, but maybe it will occur one day.

Well... the reason why your credits are reset once again is because it won't be fair if you start of your hosting with 100 credits !!! That means you have your hosting and not have to post for 100 days. Once you get hosting, your credits will reduce at the rate of 1 credit per day. But if you are not hosted, they are not reduced which means, you get to keep all the credits you earn. In fact, if you don't want hosting, the credits don't make any sense. So... to make sure that you don't start off with too many credits in the beginning itself, your credits are reset to 3 irrespective of how many you may have upto that moment as soon as you get your hosting.About the 'Award Points' thingy, I don't know. I think there was something like that sometime ago, but that was before I became a member. For some reason, they (the admins) decided to do away with them.Hope this helps you out :).