xisto Community
harriko

Hosting Points And Host

but i dont think this is a fair system. i found the parapgraph in opaques post myself now, but i disagree. when i sign up now and get approved, i will end up with 3 credits instead of 80-30=50->50-3=47(days since signup)if i had gotten approved directly with my 30th credit i would have 30-30=0-> 3+50-3so i would end up with 3 extra credits to the scheme that I consider fair.Ok, ok, you make the rules, but I think this is not a fair scheme considering new members.I will stop posting right here, until I'm ready to move. So this is actually bad for Xisto too, right?I would really appreciate if an admin told me, that I can keep some percentage of my posts. I have been an active member the last three days and I'm planning to keep it this way, but I think it is not fair if I have to pay for my hosting with 77 points instead of 27, even though I was not a member for long.

Hehe.. life's really unfair sometimes buddy :) You just gotta live with it. I felt the same during my beginning days here - but as of now even with all my hosting needs covered I stand at about 750 credits - none of which was awarded by anyone else... believe me it doesn't take much to build up all those credits. Just a couple of nice long posts would get you enough to keep going for months at a stretch. All you need then is to drop by even at gaps of weeks at a time and make another nice post to give it a further boost. If it helps in anyway - I wasn't quite accustomed to the credit reduction methods - so I'd quickly piled up about 130credits after my starter package - all of which went down the drain once I got the upgrade.. but here I am :)

Lol, i see. life sucks! (in the beginning at Xisto). if i try to award my credits to someone it just says "can't continue" that's sad, i'd like to bribe someone with my creds ^^.I thought the credit award system was a very good idea, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there an explanation for that/will it work when I'm hosted?i didnt think it will be difficult for to keep up with posting (as long as im in school, but then I hope that I found someone who liked my project that much that he hosts it).well look forward to my hosting request now.

Credit award system will allow only the wealthy guys to use it.. hehe. So that the poor guys don't waste themselves in greed. hehe.. Well, it will only allow you to award credits if you have more than 30. So, only credits over 30 can be awarded. This is done so that people don't exhaust their credits and cry after their account gets suspended.And I think, it can be used only by hosted members.

Ok good to know :-) But now that I'm hosted and that I have some credits I could help fellows with low income?I think it would be cool if points could be awarded by non-hosted members because this way, people who enjoy your website could help you by awarding you credits (instead of a money donation they give you a time donation. I kinda like that idea, because I am myself not able to donate money). You make the rules, of course, but well, I plead for some small changes for fairness :-)