xisto Community
jamesleon

ASP or PHP Which you think is better

Which you think that is the best language  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well PHP is powerful than ASP.... So I my choice in this poll is PHP, but if we were talking about ASP.NET....That's another stuff....You should try it... :)

I like PHP, it is very versatile and it can work with many other programs without much problem.It is always improving, you can new version of PHP every few months to a year.All suggestions and bugs are oftenly handle seriously.Best of all, help and documentations are easily available in various languages and format.

I prefer PHP because:

I hate Microsoft.

It is easier.

Integrates well with MySQL databases.

Open source.

More Powerful.

PHP normally runs on Apache, which is much more secure/stable than Microsoft server.

Bug fixes/updates are added often.

I hate Microsoft. Oh yeah, I said that before :) .

Ya i can do html but i cant do php never lerned it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PHP its cool

think it is ezer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.... *irritated yawn*

Well guys, I know very little php but I don't know asp.But the most important difference is that php is open source, this means it develops faster and bugs are found earlier. Moreover,most open source applications support php more than asp,so I go for php.

Sounds like PHP is just a "little" more popular than poor asp.I have to say I do see more php pages around than asp pages. I think that this may have answered my questions about which language to use. (Even though I didn't post this topic.) Thanks.

I think that php is probably going to be more popular just because it is used more widely. I don't know a whole lot of it, but it seems very easy to learn, and there's alot more information easily available on php than asp.

I too, am a PHP fan. But never having made a full website with asp, I not really qualified to critique the differences between php and asp.

The fact that PHP is open source would almost be enough for me to use it over ASP. However the fact that it is actually a much better language that is updated much quicker clinches it. Open Source & PHP rule!

PHP wins hands-down. It's faster, has limitless possibilities, can be embedded in HTML (can ASP do that? I'm not sure...) and is the leading language in webforum and weblog sites and applications. It is easy to learn (although I haven't got very far, but that's my fault) and it has database connectivity. Plus, Microsoft is stupid.

I always prefer PHp as it is very similar to C programing just adding $ to variables and other smaller changes. It is easy to trace an error in PHP than in ASP. Intigration with MySQL is also quite easier.

Everyone agree with PHP, me too!! I ever try to learn ASP but i don't understand how to connect with Access database. After that i install Appserv, wow!! it's a very easy to use. I'v just learn php about 6-7 month, i know no body can refuse PHP and the most server use PHP.