xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LuKrAsHa

Windows or Linux

Linux is free, well the main benefit of it is that it's developed by the people and for the people, but you do lose that extra quality that you get with Windows or Macintosh. I like Linux a lot but it doesn't feel like you're using quality when you're on it.

You don't loose any quality whatsoever, and if you think that you do, then you just didn't have a clue of what you were doing, and it's because of your ignorance.If you know what Linux is about, how it works, and you then go back to windows, then you start noticing how slow, unstable, buggy, uncontrollable, static, ugly, etc it is. Linux lets your pc do what it's able to do, but you need the brains to know what you're up to. Not everything's automatic and lead by retarded wizards.Qwijibow 1 - 0 Gates, Bill

Qwijibow 1 - 0 Gates, Bill

ohh yeah !

lose quality with linux ?
you gain quality !

the problem with windows users (as we have just seen) is they have never used any other system.
so they dont know any better.

the just accept things like..
Rebooting after software or driver install
Defragmenting the hard disk
Virus Scanning
Spy ware
Adware
Virii
Browser Hijacking
and having to reinstall windows every year
as generat inevitable PC maintenance.

they dont realise that Linux / BSD's are soo much better.

a few weeks after installing linux, i realised that there were no virus scanners or disk defragmenters anywhere, not on the CD's, not on the internet, i went to linux forums asking about this only to be laughed at.... it never occured to me that over fragmented hard drives, and virii were nothing more than the products of a poorly designed OS.

XP, hugh !
What is it good for .... ?

XP, hugh !

What is it good for .... ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keeping the noobs & money wolves away from a beautiful OS

Keeping the noobs & money wolves away from a beautiful OS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol... i was hoping for an "Absolutly Nothin" responce,, u'know. like the song :)

but seriously..... everyy OS has its Pro's and Cons.

despite WindowsXP being a mess, and security nightmare, it IS good for newbs.. (untill the newbs have to start following complicated instructions to remove spyware / adware from the registry)

but to go into it any deeper might put me back into rant mode.

and i try to clearly mark all my rants in the subject title :)

the problem with windows users (as we have just seen) is they have never used any other system.

so they dont know any better.

We have SUSE at school and it is absolute bull****

Rebooting after software or driver install Very few programs ask of this

Defragmenting the hard disk Only needs to be done once in a blue moon

Virus Scanning Better safe than sorry

Spy ware Spybot

Adware Ad-Aware

Virus That's only becuase there are enough people on PC to make it worth hacking

Browser Hijacking Noone uses internet explorer

they dont realise that Linux / BSD's are soo much better. The Suse I have used is clumsy and the word processing programs are horrible. There is a limited number of games and my favourite applications aren't compattible.

very few programs may need a re-boot..... but its still a sign of how poor the OS design is, not being able to make cartain changes without a re-boot.defragmentsing the hard disk may only need ot be done once in a blue moon, bt it takes ages to do, shortens the life of the disk drive, and again, the very fact that it needs to be done is proof of the poor disign of the file system.virus scanning... the very fact that there are thousands of new virii every month for this os is a sign of how poor the design is... how many Linux / BSD virii are there ?yes, there are tools to clean spyware... but the very fact that spyware can get onto your system is a sign of how poorly designed the OS is.same with Adware.Virus.... now that argument about it not being targeted because not many people use it is just flawed.There are LOOADS more exploits for MS IIS Server than there are for apache, despite the fact that most servers use Apache.And servers are a far better target for virus writers, as they have higer bandwidths, and have a better potential to spread, and very few people use windows as a server.Linux and BSD is just designed in a decent way that resists virii.and as for your final comment....your favorite windows applications are not compatible...thats like saying its a books fault for not being written in your language.. you cant read it, it your fault.and BSD / Linux is kicking *bottom* as far as compatability goes.Take a huge project like KDE... its a Unix program.. it will compile and work under Linux / All the BSD's / All the Unix's with no source code modification. now THATS portability !

Rebooting after software or driver install Very few programs ask of this

Actually, practically every program asks that, any that changes something about the startup settings. And every driver install asks it. Don't talk crap when you know that you are.

Defragmenting the hard disk Only needs to be done once in a blue moon

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just google for it, you'll see that all experts say you should defrag at least once every month... You can get along without doing it, sure, but then again, you also noticed how your drive gets slower. And if you haven't noticed, then you're denying the indenyable. This is physics, nothing to do with your opinion, or your pc, or whatever.

Virus Scanning Better safe than sorry

What kind of a stupid arguement is this? You've just proven that Linux is better. Safe = No virusses at all. Linux. Sorry = Thousands of virusses and try to protect you with expensive anti virus software. If you try and defend something, at least think a little about your arguementation...

Spy ware Spybot

Adware Ad-Aware

These tools will make your pc corrupt.

All spyware/adware killers will permanently damage your system.

Spyware and Adware are only to be removed in one single way, and that is by uninstalling the program it came with. If you use malware killers, then you will damage the malware's uninstall mechanism which means, your pc will never be able to be cleaned again. Sure, they might delete some of the spyware, but you don't really believe that, do you? Companies today have plenty of ways to bypass these methods and hide themselves from these killers. C2 Media for example is practically uneradicatable. If you have some of their dirt, then using a Malware killer will make sure that you will never be able to get rid of it anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you still can't be convinced, read on from here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/79798-topic/?findpost=

Virus That's only becuase there are enough people on PC to make it worth hacking

You're one of those people that just doesn't want to be proven wrong and goes for the one thing we can't prove you wrong with, because it's a scenario that doesn't even exist. Right, what you say is there will be as many virusses for linux as there are for windows now, should everybody use linux. Proving things with something you don't and can't know, very thoughtful. But nevertheless, not enough. Are you trying to deny the fact that Linux is far more secure than Windows? Are you saying that windows and Linux have the same security issues? Then I advice you to do some research first before you start ranting. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Browser Hijacking Noone uses internet explorer

http://parked.olo.com/

Jees.... you have got to be joking.....

they dont realise that Linux / BSD's are soo much better. The Suse I have used is clumsy and the word processing programs are horrible. There is a limited number of games and my favourite applications aren't compattible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a limited amount in games in Windows as well, I think... Solitaire, Minelayer, and a few more; if you're lucky, you have about 10. In Linux, depending on the distro you use, you have a few thousand. If you didn't know that, then I can only say one thing to you: "Get a clue."

Your favorite applications aren't compatible? What bull? Your favorite applications were written for Windows. They do not run in other OSes. In a way, since you're a windows user, that does make sense..... Somehow. Think about it.

Have you given all Linux replacements for them an equal chance? For example, if you learned Photoshop, it probably took you a year or maybe 2 to know as much as you know now, and do all the stuff you can do now. Have you spent that same amount (whatever it is..) with the Gimp? If not then you have no right at all to say what you stated.

I recon you haven't even tried OpenOffice yet......

Before you try ranting,

get a clue.

he will think twice before asguing with the linux crowed again !!!maybe some day in the future, Microsoft will go the way of the apple, and its oprtating system will be Windows GUI reporgrammed for X,running on a Linux (or BSD) operating system...then we will all be arguing which distro is better.... Getoo, Mandrake, or Microsoft WindtuX....

You're one of those people that just doesn't want to be proven wrong and goes for the one thing we can't prove you wrong with, because it's a scenario that doesn't even exist. Right, what you say is there will be as many virusses for linux as there are for windows now, should everybody use linux. Proving things with something you don't and can't know, very thoughtful. But nevertheless, not enough. Are you trying to deny the fact that Linux is far more secure than Windows? Are you saying that windows and Linux have the same security issues? Then I advice you to do some research first before you start ranting.

Before you try ranting,

get a clue.

Look I have used Linux and I did not imply any of those things you said there. How can you say I am a person that doesn't want to be proven wrong when you have just written that yourself. I agree that Linux is sercurer.

Openoffice I totaly dislike. PLEASE tell me how you can change the font colour. I used the font menu and the one in the tool bar but neither will change the colour of the font.

You can't imply that I don't have a clue when you are wrongly interpreting what I say and making accusations of your own.

Look I have used Linux and I did not imply any of those things you said there. How can you say I am a person that doesn't want to be proven wrong when you have just written that yourself. I agree that Linux is sercurer.

Openoffice I totaly dislike. PLEASE tell me how you can change the font colour. I used the font menu and the one in the tool bar but neither will change the colour of the font.

You can't imply that I don't have a clue when you are wrongly interpreting what I say and making accusations of your own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe he was a bit harsh.. but your arguments were pretty lame.

amways, dont argue wih the mods, they have supernatural abilities... ive seen them make posts dissapear without traces (and possibly people too) :)

edit:

And whats wrong with OpenOffice !!!!

ive never used star office, soi cannot compare it with that, but...

well.. looks like MS Office, Compatable with MS Office... and has all the same featutres of MS Office.

plus, ive never heard of an OpenOffice MAcro virus...

and its FREEEE..

you cant argue with that !

musichere, I only concluded my "insults" from your sentences in a logical way.

That's only becuase there are enough people on PC to make it worth hacking

Meaning, the virusses are there because alot of people are there to make them. If that's the reason the virusses are there, then if all those people moved to Linux, the same reason would apply, and there would still be as many virusses, for Linux, now. Meaning

Right, what you say is there will be as many virusses for linux as there are for windows now, should everybody use linux. Proving things with something you don't and can't know, very thoughtful.

Was that wrongly interpreted? Is there a huge flaw in my logic, then please do point me to it. I'm sorry if I sounded to harsh or rude. I didn't mean to. I was wrongly uttering a general irritation towards clueless users at you. My appologies for that. Nevertheless, my arguementation still stands.

amways, dont argue wih the mods, they have supernatural abilities... ive seen them make posts dissapear without traces (and possibly people too)

That's not true :) I would love a chance to argue with you, as long as you have some decent knowledge on the subject and an argumentation worthy of discussion. I'm wrong more than Bush W. Junior himself; and would love you to tell me so when I am. I'm just a member here, I won't use my permissions unjust :)And about the making people disappear, I just wanted to prove a trick. I swear I was gonna magick him back.