xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LuKrAsHa

Windows or Linux

most of  linux or unix are servers, I think they will be more stable. . .

personally, I use windows and run servers software, because windows are more popular. . . .useful

but linux/ unix sucks, you can do anything with them, so I like windows more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In what meaning "you can do anything with them"?

I think that windows isn't sefe, and it isn't free and most of applications are free.

Yeah, linux all the way, linux servers can be left on for months without restarting while windows server can be only left on for a couple of weeks without restarting, i have that problem at work on our win2000 server.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of my friends had linux server not restarted for almost one year. After all he restarted it cause he had to change some hardware.

Few years ago linux was really unfriendly for common user. But now linux is more flexible, drivers are generally available in internet ,you can even play many games.It is no problem to install simultaneously windowsXP and linux (you can download it).This is easy way to to acquaint this great system.But when computer has no internet connection linux is not recommended for games or entertainment but is still good in office or for programers.And is more stable then Windows

Few years ago linux was really unfriendly for common user. But now linux is more flexible, drivers are generally available in internet ,you can even play many games.It is no problem to install simultaneously windowsXP and linux (you can download it).This is easy way to to acquaint this great system.But when computer has no internet connection linux is not recommended for games or entertainment but is still good in office or for programers.And is more stable then Windows

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Linux is the most user friendly OS for people who work with computers.

I Use UNIX, Linux, SunOS, Solaris, BSD on a daily basis....

but then im using them.. i notice no difference.. they all use the same standards, they are all compatable.

i dont even notice that im not using linux most of the time.

this is the way it should be... Operating systems designed to make MY life easyer when moving between different Labs using different OS's.

Windows is a product... and like any other product, it want to make life as hard as possible for you to convert your knoledge of windows and make it usefull for other OS's.

kinda like the tobacco industry's.

I think winXP is better, but, I've never tried linux. I think I might have seen it once a long time ago, but I don't know if that was really linux...

then why give your opinion...!
opinions comparing 2 things are not valid when you only try one of them.
its posts like this that make these types of polls pointless.

anyway, its a total no-brainer...

New Virii per month for WIndows... (according to anti--virus companies) 1000 and growing !
New virii for linux.... (ever) ZERO.

what more can i say.

New Virii per month for WIndows... (according to anti--virus companies) 1000 and growing !New virii for linux.... (ever)  ZERO.

That's one of reasons of using Linux :). I have more than 10-15 viruses on my computer after few days of running Win98.
Linux rulez :)

You say that Linux doesnt need to be restarted often, that is not entirly true, it all depends on how much you use it, leave windows on for years if you want and dont use it, maybe linux can cope a little better but still stop bashing windows, Windows Server 2003 is stable and works really well. And last long.

You say that Linux doesnt need to be restarted often, that is not entirly true, it all depends on how much you use it, leave windows on for years if you want and dont use it, maybe linux can cope a little better but still stop bashing windows, Windows Server 2003 is stable and works really well. And last long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BSD is the most stable... then linux.... then all the way at the bottom windows...

hmm, whats that site called with all the statistics on what websites run what server's ??? and uptimes stuff ?

netstat... webstat.. i dunno...

anyways.. look at the cart of the top 100 uptmes...

every single one of them is UNIX / BSD.

Linux's uptime cannot be tester properly as the uptime counter resets itelef every couple of years.

and windows deservs a good bashing.... we will keep bashing windows untill it doesnt need its disks fragmenting.. (like all the other OS's) and is just as virrii free as all the OS's...

okay, there are 1 or 2 linux virii availableIF you are dumb enough to login as root... but windows manages over a thousand a month... cummon.

i recomond linux redhat 8.0 or higher or mandrake 8.1 or higher...windows is never secure and be sure you can never meet your expectations with windows server. windows cannot with stand insifnificant error and if u cannot handle it properly u have to configure ur system from scratch but this is not the case in linux. u can use unix if you know unix core well. if u r newbie linux is well suited and more over linux is free of cost. :)

Linux Man's. This the best and most powerful sistem in the word. Never windows have the powerful which linux have. I change my win xp for linux fedora 2 or linux suse 9.1.This sistem are ease and secure. If you have windows to make your programs or make your sites web, I Invit you to try Linux SuSE 9.1 it's ease to istall and ease to work in there. You have seame tools that windows have try it.

I'm not really good at using linux so I choose Windows XP. It is more user-friendly than Linux and I like the interface better. Also, installing and configuring programs are a lot easier than Linux. Linux is good if you will use your system as a server, otherwise, I recommend using Windows XP. :) It is all about using the thing with ease.Forgot to say that if you want a "virus free" system then Linux is for you.