xisto Community
iGuest

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Come to talk about this game

I agree GTA: SA is definately the better game. If vice city had the strength stats etc then it would be a definate competitor. Just gotta love the time frame and the character from GTA: VC. All in all I wasn't surprised by SA being that good. It's a very hard game in some parts though. Be prepared to be aggrivated about some of the missions. Still never got past the flying the RC plane to take out the pple. Kept running out of gas on the way back lol.

i heard GTA san andreas had a ton of bugs, it didnt get good reviews b/c of this... again, only for the ps2... poor us xbox user :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That only happens every once in a while. For example, one time I jumped right through a store and fell out of the world. But, it got really good reviews at GameFAQs so I don't understand what you mean there.

grand theft auto san andrea's is alote better than all the others sanandreas at least you can fly a plain and unlike all the other grandtheft auto's you have more time to do other missions in the games like sky diving, photo shot's, ext.... if you ask me they should have only made one grand theft auto that would be grand theft auto san andrea's if you know eny better you would agree with me all of my friends own 3 but iown every grand theft auto even grand theft auto san andrea's it is the coolest game i own i play that game every chance i get it is a very fun game it never gets boring it is alway's fun to play it hase been my favorite game for the past month the best part's about the game is that you get more citie's to travel and do missions i really like the one where you have sky dive and land the plain them are my two favorite's. My second favoriter game is need for sped underground it is very fun pimping outr the honda civic or the misubishi ecipes after i am done pimping out the care the car is toping 160 mph i really like playing then tw games because they arwe two games that never get boaring.i think everyonse should play san andreas no other game

i've play only GTA VC and GTA san andreas...i like san andreas better... i like the bike stuff.... it the best stuff from san andreas...too bad when multiplayer you can't get 2 person at 1 bike :D

They are both great games, but I think San Andreas is better because it has more cars and because there is more cities, and they are all different form each other. This adds more variety.

I know I`m kinda late but I just started playing GTA SA yesterday.I think I`ll enjoy playing san andreas more then vice city I like the fact that it has more of everything and is also better graphics which I think is verry important.I`ll post my story as i go allong.

Hi Everyone, GTA San Andreas, what can I say? I fine piece of work by Rockstar Games. The graphics and gameplay has improved considerably from Vice City and there is much more options availible for the user. It feels more real, and you become involved in the ficitional storyline. The only thing that I don't like is the swearing. Call me a retard or what ever, but it really spoils the game. I'm not one of those people that feel it necessary to insert a swear word into every sentace. I think the character should be similiar to Tommy Vercetti, he was cool. When you've finished San Andreas you just don't feel as if you own the city. After completeing Vice City you own all of the major buisnesses and alot of property considering the size of the map, you just don't feel as in control of the cities on San Andreas, anyway:Favourite Property: Verdeant MeadowsFavourite Car: Super GT.Favourite Vehicle Type: Flying (Helicopters) or possibly Motorbikes.Favourite Weapon: Silenced 9mm.Favourite Helicopter : Raindance. Sean.

i think about san andreas that is a good game, because it has got 3 cities and a lot of vehicles, i am in the mision of kill ryder. Someone finish it? And i think is very long and with a lot of misions.Waltermelow

It's funny, I had the idea of making a game exactly like this about 6 years ago... A game you could run around an entire state and do whatever you wanted. It's about bloody time somebody stole my idea :P One thing I enjoyed more in VC was the 80's music. SA's radio stations are better with the commercials and whatnot, but I'm not crazy about any of the music... I'm surprised I haven't heard MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice yet :PI also appreciate the hard cover tourist guide (and large map) included with the game. It shows Rockstar's gratitude for the buyer, by giving us something more.I've heard some rumors on the next game (GTA 4) which is technically the first sequel since GTA 3. Since London was bombed, I think that'll rule that out of a potential next location. I'm thinking Carcer City, since it's been mentioned in every game since GTA3 (Give the people what they want :P )

Well, I beat the game :)

Out of all the games in the GTA series, I must say that I've enjoyed this one the most. I wasn't really into the character Carl Johnson at first (I needed to turn on subtitles just to get what they were saying :P ) but the character grew on me. Now that I have two million dollars I won from gambling in Video Poker, I can strut around in a new suit and snappy hat while I try finshing the rest of the side missions :P

The ending was pretty good too, though most people don't like the last mission because it's so long going without letting you save your game. I think that's very important for making a successful game, having a good ending. Makes all the work you put into it worth while. There was nothing I hated more about the old NES games than their endings. Most games back then were near impossible (anyone remember Back to the Future?) and all you'd get was a black screen with white text saying "Good Job" or somesuch.

Anyway back on topic, has anyone tried the much debated Hot Coffee mod? Posted Image

I don't know why, but when i played vice city, i felt kinda like "at home". you knew exactly what to do, where to go, it felt just like your own neighbourhood. but san andreas really spooked me out when i went exploring, i had this strange "lost" feeling. Sure, the new features are great,and the city has been made big, but don't you think it's a bit too big. I mean, it's impossible to get from one end to the other in a car, you need an aeroplane. also, i'm stuck on the mission og loc (where you have to kill freddy) and the first race cesar vialpando gives you. vice city never had such difficult missions in the beginning. and the cheats are a real nightmare!!! (accept it - there's no fun in gta without cheats)and as for the hot coffee mod goes - keep as far away from it as possible. i saw the screenshots and left it there - you better do the same too.

I don't know why, but when i played vice city, i felt kinda like "at home". you knew exactly what to do, where to go, it felt just like your own neighbourhood. but san andreas really spooked me out when i went exploring, i had this strange "lost" feeling. Sure, the new features are great,and the city has been made big, but don't you think it's a bit too big. I mean, it's impossible to get from one end to the other in a car, you need an aeroplane. also, i'm stuck on the mission og loc (where you have to kill freddy) and the first race cesar vialpando gives you. vice city never had such difficult missions in the beginning. and the cheats are a real nightmare!!! (accept it - there's no fun in gta without cheats)

and as for the hot coffee mod goes - keep as far away from it as possible. i saw the screenshots and left it there - you better do the same too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have to disagree with you on all but the coffee mod. I agree, that hot coffee mod isn't really even worth it for more than a couple laughs.

With San Andreas takes some getting used to. The characters are memorable (I really like Woozie :P ), and you get to know the areas more as you explore. You can't get used to it all in a day, it takes time. You want to talk about too big, Morrowind was too big! Everything looked the same, and if you wanted to get from one end of the map to the other (besides using those teleports), you'd better have some decent spells and a couple of HOURS to spare! :P

It's not "impossible" to get from one end to the other. Heck, I'm planning on making a crosscountry bike ride through the state so I can see anything I've missed. Plus, that's the freedom they give you; if you want to get someplace in a hurry go ahead and USE AN AIRPLANE :P (Parachuting is an awesome too, btw :D ).

And this isn't all one city... You have three cities inside of the STATE of San Andreas. So take take your time in each city, getting used to it like you had to for Vice City.

And I must say, I have LOTS of fun without cheats :) Cheats are for those who don't want to improve their skills. Practice doesn't make perfect, but it eliminates a lot of mistakes. Perfection is another matter entirely.

I can understand not everyone likes this game, but I think Rockstar is really moving the gaming industry ahead in what is possible in a video game.

I didn't really like GTA San Andreas. It seemed too boring. I also didn't like a majority of the music, even though it represented the time pretty nicely. I liked Liberty and Vice City better since they had a better storyline in my opinion. It also had some awesome music that I actually do remember. Hopefully the next GTA is around those two generations again, that's basically why I'm getting the PSP version once it comes out.

I haven't really gotten a chance to play this game as much as I wanted. Compared to GTA: Vice City, how does it stack up? Because GTA: Vice City is also an awesome game so does San Andreas go beyond Vice City?