xisto Community
sheepdog

Post Not Up Yet

It's been several days since I made a post on this thread http://forums.xisto.com/topic/72991-public-education-welfare-system/
I usually try to avoid forums that need a moderator to aprove the post, but it's been so slow here and so little to discuse, I thought I'd at least give it a try. Time is money, and I really hate wasting either. Hate to loose a post after spending the time and effort making it. What do I need to do to get this one up? At least I saved a copy of it so I wouldn't have to retype it.

if i were you and you, post anything that needs moderator approval in the general forum. they can move it to the appropriate place. you will get your credits right away.the reason why i suggest this is to not make it harder for mods, but make it easier for the members who have been here 5 years. why should they suffer for the admin mistakes of not running a forum properly and efficiently?

I wish I had thought of doing it the way anwiii suggests before.For a good number of days now, I posted a reasonable short post, no copying and pasting, no spam, a legitimate question about something happening n certain browsers, only, I had the misfortune (or should I say "I was silly enough?") to post it in "The Internet", which requires approval of the posts these days.I have known in the past there could be a bit of delay here before posts that needed approval appeared here, but, about 4 days at least is a bit too much of a good thing in my book.Are there really no moderators here who visit these place regularly, or can't they just be bothered anymore to read through new posts and approving them where needed?There certainly was a time when I saw things happening differently here.

New posts that needed approval used to be brought to our attention so that we could go in and approve them. Now, they're not - we have to specifically hunt them our or just stumble across them. As you can imagine, that means quite a few slip through the net.

Yes, I can see some slip through the net.Mine certainly has.Just makes it look as if we are not posting (enough).I wonder when they are going to pull their finger out here.

Well, having to search the forums for new posts would definatly be a drag! I could see how easy it would be to miss something. Why can't it be fixed like it was before when you were sent a notice so you could get them aproved so much easier and with out any real hassel?

I just noticed this, that I posted some posts and it said that they need to be approved by moderators and now I can't know if it was approved or not? Is there any place or a box where I can view those messages and see if they were approved or not? As it's quite strange to wait and remember those topics, the process could be faster though.

I just noticed this, that I posted some posts and it said that they need to be approved by moderators and now I can't know if it was approved or not? Is there any place or a box where I can view those messages and see if they were approved or not? As it's quite strange to wait and remember those topics, the process could be faster though.

Our forum is pretty big Quatrux, please report the topic/posts you made so that I can find it easier :)

Velma, I believe I can help out by writing a script to find all the posts that have not yet been approved or deleted i.e. posts that have not yet been reviewed by a moderator. The Invision PowerBoard is written in PHP and I believe my PHP skills are good enough to modify just about any system, or create a plugin, if Invision PowerBoard has a provision for one, so a notification can be sent to moderators.BTW, velma, why doesn't your PMB have the blue Moderator 'tag-line' below your profile picture like the other moderators do?

Velma, I believe I can help out by writing a script to find all the posts that have not yet been approved or deleted i.e. posts that have not yet been reviewed by a moderator. The Invision PowerBoard is written in PHP and I believe my PHP skills are good enough to modify just about any system, or create a plugin, if Invision PowerBoard has a provision for one, so a notification can be sent to moderators.BTW, velma, why doesn't your PMB have the blue Moderator 'tag-line' below your profile picture like the other moderators do?

OpaQue had that covered years ago but thanks for the offer :) It's like Rob said, earlier members would put a post in the moderated sections and then PM / report a moderator to look into it. Members used to even report the rubbish posts but Nowadays save one or two members, no one reports / pm's anything. The reporting is crucial now more than ever because we get posts not only from registered members but from guests also. Sometimes posts are missed and for that I am sorry but it really helps if the member reports the topic or gives us the link so that we can get to it quicker :)

As for my moderator tagline, I am going to rehash my age old dialogue since I could not come up with anything wittier in such short notice "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :ph34r: "

darko,An alternative to posting a link to your topic is to send a link to a moderator as a private message. It keeps your content private so only you and the moderator get to see the message and all your conversations are kept private. In the end, you do get to have your message sent across when your post gets approved.I would have wanted it to be automated, but then again, I have a long wishlist that would take us all ages to implement :-)

Can we atl east create a topic / group / anything where we can post links to our topics and get them approved? That's the easiest way.

It sounds like a practical idea but in reality, it will create double posters and the forums will get crowded >.< The easiest way is like I said, report the topic you posted.. I am pretty sure it isn't all that difficult to click on one little button or PM me or any other mod. You need to understand that it isn't automated for a reason, we don't want plagiarized content (like tutorials) passing through. If you have a topic / post that needs attention simply report or PM it.. Simple!

Hmmm not all tutorials are plagiarized :) I created a tutorial specially for Xisto.
Anyway , thanks , if i need i will PM you.

The point is to keep people from being able to post content that isn't theirs. Yours might belong to you, but many others may try to abuse the system by posting things that don't belong to them. It's one of the situations where the actions of few have to come down on many.