xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Angelkiller

What Is The Best Rpg On The Gba? what is the best RPG on the gba???

I agree with ps2online. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was a great game (300 MISSIONS!!!) but I also like Golden Sun. So I say, a tie between those two.

FFTactics Advanced had too many errors within the battle system. The soldiers were broken the mages were broken and the clerics were broken. They didn't balance the classes at all. The Buster Sword was available 1/4th through the game and at a cheap price, it was a weak weapon. One of the most balanced and sound weapons was "heaven's cloud" in which stats were fair and could do the damage needed to make the game interesting but at the same time nonweak. Everything else within the game was standard and boring. I had to speed it up to the ending on the third day of play. Sadly alot of good things could have come out of the game but failed to be brought up, such as differention between clans. No point in even naming your clan at this poitn if your clan isn't going to be different from others in terms of classes and such.

Final Review: FF Tactics Advanced could be better but it isn't. 6.5/10

Now a much better rpg on the gba is most likely Golden Sun. No tie really, just FF tactics advanced is simply wasting everyone else's time when it comes to balance. Why have a class that the programmer thinks should be stronger than another?

FF:tactics

What Is The Best Rpg On The Gba?

I was reading through your rating of FF Tactics and couldnt help noticing that you're a very demanding player. Personally I didnt mind the sword mistake (its 1 sword...) because you can always buy or find other weapons + with weak items it was a challenge to beat some of the tougher clans/missions; Differenciation in clans...Heh it's Your clan and not anybody else's, and there is a big difference. Usually your clan would be the mixed clan while facing enemies such as banga clans, viera clans and so on, but you could always customize it (making youself a pimp). Of course you would also find mixed clans, but its their choice. The storyline was entertaining and for me it was a game that was worth playing. I must admit however that FF T. Was a less complicated game to play that Golden Sun where using your brain was very crution if you want to find that goddamn switch to proceed further :P. It wasnt that hard either. Both games deserve to be played - average of 8.5/10

Breath of Fire 2 was another very interesting RPG with different endings depending on how you play. However the last dungeon was very ridiculous since you cant run away from the spawns (theres negative in positive - you gain good exp ato lvl your characters, but its still not the best xp in game.)

-Cronicx

List =)

Also here's a list of RPG games (and some action adventure + strategy based RPG) that I made that are worth playing. Don't get all frustrated because you see something different than an RPG, because all those games have elements of RPG. Unless I'm really wrong on some :) but I shouldnt be. In any case you can correct.

List (A-Z)

Adventures of Snickers: Smash the Face of God.

Arvale II: Ocean of Time.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance

Boktai

Boktai 2

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

D&D: Eye of the Beholder.

Dragonball Z: Buu's Fury

Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 1 and 2.

Dragon Warrior I & II.

Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls

Final Fantasy 4 & 6.

Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Golden Sun: I & II

Harvest Moon (All Series)

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

LotR (1st one sucked)

Lufia - The Ruins Of Lore.

Lunar Legend.

Lunar: The Silver Star.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Metroid: Zero Mission.

Mythri.

Onimusha Tactics.

Phantasy Star Collection.

Riviera: The Promised Land.

Shining Force - Resurrection of the Dark Dragon.

Shining Soul II. (1'st one not worth a mention...Crap.)

Summon Knight 1 & 2.

Super Robot Taizen 1 & 2

Sword of Mana.

Tactics Ogre: The Knight Of Lodis.

Tales of Phantasia.

Zelda 2: Adventures of Link

Zelda: A Link to the Past

Zelda: The Minish Cap

-Cronicx

Umm I know some good mmorpgs such as corum online it has good graphics pretty good game can be a couple of types of people like a summoner a ranger a warrior and a sorceress and there weapons are cool like almost all quest weapons glow and look awesome theres some others. Such as: myth wars it doesent have very good graphics and its 2d but has a cool battle system its like ff7 where you run around and get into a battle time based battles but kinda different to your pet is a very important part of the battle you get your first pet at lvl 1 in the place you spawn. There are some others to. Like fly ff but not everyone likes it cause its kinda girly but it has good graphics and you can fly and you can pretty much go anywhere on the world even the mountains you can climb by just walking up them or running. Theres another to its called secret I haven't personally played it but from what I hear its good. I hope I helped some.-inpachi

Mother 3

Mother 3, no doubt about it. Granted, it's a Japanese only game; however, one can usually find a copy for around $30 on eBay. Of course, your GBA would have to be formatted for Japanese games, which may be a problem.. In fact, I'd only recommend doing all of this if you're a fan of the Mother series. -.-

-reply by Mennesksforakt

I'd say Golden Sun is one of the best. I had a lot of fun playing it and the graphics are pretty good.

I consider golden sun 1 to be the best.

It has a very interesting plot.

I haven't bought the second one yet and I don't want to play the rom.

I forgot the other very good RPG I have : Phantasy Star Collection.

Port from the old good systems by SEGA!

all the Megaman Battle Network games were quite excellent, even though Im still waiting for a white version lv. 4 chip..... especially version 6 falzar

I would have to say lufia ruins of lore and golden sun as my final choices

Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Definetly Rule the RPG Kingdom of best RPGS I have Every single Fire Emblem ever realesed in the you.S. And I have Most all of the Final Fantasy games-reply by dude strike

Final Fantasy IV, V, VI

OMG I DIDNT SEE FF IV, FF V, AND FF VI ARE AWESOME although random battles get a bit annoying. Probly 1 of the best rpg games out there. Mario+Luigi SuperStar Sega is ok too if your a mario fan... Golden Sun (1,2) are a good buy too.

-reply by Private

RPG

Tales of Phantasia

Summon Night

FF series

Riviera- The Promised Land

Fire Emblem (Startegy RPG, stop arguing)

FF Tactics (Again, Strategy RPG)

Golden Sun 1,2

Lufia- The Ruins of Lore

My Pick For RPG Games =D

If you guys happen to be a fan of tactic rpgs look into Final Fantasy, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, or Onimusha Tactics. ^_^-reply by Greg