xisto Community
Donegal

I Hate Everything From American-ism To Tea Cups. _NOT_ for ANY easily offended people.

Okay, I'd just like to say, the following is confusing, if it doesn't make sense, skip it, it isn't important. What is it with american-english, it's rather strange, what I hate more is that the terms SPREAD due to the vast amounts of american tv we are spoon feed every second on tv. Are you guys, trying to make the letter Z popular? Granted, I havn' t yet met any stupid american's on message boards or places I go to, but , some of these chat rooms around the internet , are just full of sexual crazzed 12 year old american's pretending to be models.I don't like offending people I really don't, I just feel like stating a few things, heck, if I offend you, then write a contructive argument to it, and I'll give you a reply.What I hate, is idiot's who instead of explaining why they are offended, go and spend time making LIST'S of the gammer and spelling mistakes I make. I make mistakes dammit, I don't care, Giving me a list of my mistakes, wont do any good, it just shows that you have obviously way way way too much time, your on the freaking internet, what do you do? MAKE a list of spelling errors. It's happened to me a few times. but hey, do it if you feel like it :PThe latest Irish law, about shooting a burglar, now uese the term, BURLARIZED.. O_o; Honestly, I thought that was weird, but, then, I watched day-time tv, the horror, the HORROR of day time tv's Dr. Phil know it all and Jessica Fletcher's Murders.That damn women should come with a warning. If the american president comes any where, millions of military defence is set up for his protection, surly if Jessica Fletcher goes somewhere, the people can just be warned that they might die, or some close relative... O_o "WARNING : A well known murder author is coming, please evacute this vilage before someone dies and some one else has to go to jaill" It would just KICK *bottom* if the final episode ended with someone relizing that she was framing people alll along to steal they're books. ?_? But, nah, it wont happen, they'll continute to write BIZARE unbelievely plot's, even when, she dies, they can just re-use old footage.But enough of wasting time on ranting about her, and on to music. Dear god, is it just me or has it gotten worse? It's like these days, one band, comes along, with 50 EXACT copies. It's like record companie's plan, "We need a rock band, better get 50, incase some don't make it" Latly, they've tried to manufacture Rock, what with the piss poor Busted. Thankfully america didn't go crazy and no one turned up for they're gig's. ?_? They've split now so all is well, except they're splinter bands. As for manufactured msuic in general, it's not music. IT JUST ISN'T. Music is the expression of an artist. An artist isn't some model who happens to be able to lip sink. It just isn't music. But, or charts get clogged up while actual, inovative muscians work hard, to survive. But, it's good, because the hard times mean they survive, instant fame isn't good. The bands just never seem to last long. Now, some of you probably are wondering what type of music , but mostly, your wondering what the hell I'm saying, either way, if you want to know good music, then, I'll give you my 3 favourite NEW bands, White stripes, qotsa and MUSE, all of which are exceptionaly good. Yes, The white stripes are basic. Basic is good, you have no need for technic in music. Qotsa just rock, I like them, and am eager to see what they're new sound is like, since nick left due to his problems. And muse, a british band, you may have heard of, if not, go listen to some of they're stuff, they are quite good. ;) And no, none of them are homosexual, ?_? I'm not in denial, like Queen fan's, I mean, how can you NOT have noticed that freddy was gay? He wore a skirt.. and wig.. pfft.. Enough of complaing, ever taken a pause and thought of how amazing the human world is? We, yes, we, invented everything around us. Computers, they are magical. Honest, we keep improving and improving, there are no actual limit's to what we can do, unfortunatly we can make a limit for ourselve's, we make bigger and bigger and stronger weapons, american can kill the world quite a few times over, and then there's all the other countrie's. we're doomed, be it by a war, or by nature, yes, nature is going to kill us. It has to nature will allways survive. We wont we'll rot back into nature and feed it to create something new, what exactly the new thing is we do not know. Relgion, this is a messy topic, I don't like people teling me something is correct, or wrong. I don't like people of one relgion making war with another relgion. It's all crazy. You believe in God, why should you care if some other guy doesn't and goes to hell? I don't believe in any relgion. And I refuse to be called atheist. I do not say there is no god, I am not a agontist, who thinks there may be a god, I'm open to the idea of there being a god or god's I don't really know what to believe these days, I really don't. I guess I should make my mind up as I could die any day, any minute any second, I could just fall over and my heart may end for ever. I do wonder what happens, can you be consious as your rot? Just not able to move? I guess, 'd be burned. and spread, I mean, if I rot, I don't want to feel rotting. That'd just suck, and if I get bunt, I may be spread near some one who isn't nice.. I may have to live etnerity with some weird guy, then again, it might just all end, and nothing be there, just silence. Who knows. I guess, we'll know some day. Some day we'll run it all and learn everything about everything. Anyway, if for some miraculous reason you have read this far, I truly am greatfull you took time to read my.. err. ramblings, and hope you could make at least sense of one or two words.. it's late, so I'll read this tomorrow evening and hate myself, but at the moment I think it seems to be okay, I havn't read over it. But, 'll take a shot in the dark. and post it. Yet again, thank's for reading, and sorry if your eye's are now bleeding, and sorry for wasting time..

If we converted English to Klingon, it would probably make more sense. Unless you want to take a step to very roots of humankind and fix things around, we're stuck with it. Religious fanatics and people who try to convert others always annoy me. I mean, you should choose your own religion and you don't need someone to tell you something is better than something else because it believes in blablabalsjfbd. Actually, I believe Freddie Mercury was bisexual. He lived with a woman for 10 or so years. I admire him a lot as an artist. November 1991 was a sad month for the music world.

I fully read, while not understanding some, of your message. It all kind of melts into one big rant about everything. Nowadays it isn't hard to find something wrong with the way things work and the way people think. It's common among everyone, even you. You may be in denial about being judgemental, but everyone is to a degree. It's just the way you are brought up. Everyone is for or against something about something. No getting around that particular fact. As for you rant about z's. I was completely confused by that, you didn't explain what it is about Americans and Z's that has you so hot and bothered. I couldn't possibly think of anything wrong with a Z. It's a letter in the alphabet. I'll admit, not used frequently in actual words, but still used occasionally. As for your music rant, the three bands you posted about that are on your favorites list, I personally do not like. They're "music," if you can call it that sounds horrid and I can't quite understand why anyone listens to them. I do, however, agree with you about the marketing of rock and roll. Just about any band you could possibly hear now is considered rock by the music industries. I personally do not feel that listening to the radio is worth the effort any more. I buy cd's and listen to music I can actually stand to listen to. Queen was and still is the best thing that ever happened to music. Freddy Mercury, I believe, was bisexual and I could have told you that the first time I saw the man. But that makes no difference to the sound of his music or his artistic talents. He was a brilliant man who wrote and sang brilliant songs. In conclusion to this little ramble of mine, ranting about anthing wrong with the world is pointless. You can't change the world with words, only actions. Saying what you like or do not like will only give you comfort for a short period, because later you will find that it changes absolutely nothing.

Amen, Donegal! I one-hundred percent agree with everything you said. Hell, if any moderator or admin removes or edits this post, they are either a soccer mom, have no sense of humor, or a or an annoying combonation of both.

Should everyone start using unnecessary apostrophes? If you go on about certain people's spelling and grammar, when it's actually correct for the place that they are from, you should expect people to do a little bit of nitpicking of your language skills.

About the Z's- That's how we spell things in America. There are several other things that we spell differently than the rest of the world. The thing that most people will bring up is out lack of putting the letter U in 'favorite' and 'color'. I like to think of it as a time saver. But that's the way we spell things.

Hehe every place on the internet is infested with people pretending to be who they can't be, whether they are American, European or whatever. Am glad they converted every commercial and billboard of American companies into Dutch here :angry: synchronisation rules!!!And the horror of Dr. Phil, gotta agree to that one too, just another thing some housewifes (no offense) can watch and get caught up in other peoples misery... pathetic.Most bands, artists who are 'famous'now stole everything they made, they recycled, remixed and made garbage from music wich people made 10 years ago or even older. What is it with them, don't they have imagination of themselves?And yes, at least this civilization is temporarly, we'll destroy ourselves or if we're lucky Mother Nature will get us first.Anyways, nice post, allthough hard to read, your points are clear (i think):angry:

That was one of the most interesting posts I've read in a long time. And I agree with almost all of it! I don't like the way Americans drop "u", and I don't like the way they spell some words that should begin with "ph" with an "f." I don't know why that winds me up, but it does. As for your rant about rock music and busted, I'm glad someone else hates them as well! They weren't orginal, and in music I hate artists who just copy other artists and come up with generic pop/rock. Busted have fortunately disbanded, however McFly, busted's carbon copy have sprung up onto the scene. :angry:

If we converted English to Klingon, it would probably make more sense. Unless you want to take a step to very roots of humankind and fix things around, we're stuck with it. Religious fanatics and people who try to convert others always annoy me. I mean, you should choose your own religion and you don't need someone to tell you something is better than something else because it believes in blablabalsjfbd.
Actually, I believe Freddie Mercury was bisexual. He lived with a woman for 10 or so years. I admire him a lot as an artist. November 1991 was a sad month for the music world.

I don't know if he was really 'bi' I think he liked woman, but not as much as he liked men, like he enjoyed their company but he preferred to actually be with men... so i guess in a sense its bisexuality, but since i dont agree with it, i just refer to it as gay when he was with men, and straight when he was with women... Cuz i personally rather not admire a bisexual. Besides at the time in the 70's he probably didn't want to admit he was really attracted, i mean yeah the bands name is Queen, but he wasnt really I LIKE MEN every second of his life, so maybe he did live with women and he did like them to a certain point, but i dont think he was ever IN love with a woman....

I know this isnt the original point of the post, but i dont have the slightest clue what the original person is babbling about, sure i get that some of the 'american' language isn't correct, but i mean people on the internet make me ANGRY when the incorrectly spell words, because they think its cool, like instead of Phone, they put fone. But if you are refferring to 'real life' then that is rather lame, because each country has their own way of spelling things, so its rather rude to assume YOUR way of spelling is correct if it has already been put into a dictionary, and it isn't 'slang'

I believe that grammer is just weird. I am American and yet I say the same thing about the evil z's. As you can tell from this post I'm not to good with spelling and grammer and stuff, but it is a time saver to leave out letters.

One thing I hate about "Americanism" is the thing with putting shirts and so on UNDER the pants! That's so like not cool, but overall, I think the US are a good country, and for American English, what would be better, flavor or flavour, cookies or biscuits, color or colour, and, they do have the right to get their own "dialect", I mean, for them, "English English" is inferior to American English.

What is it with american-english, it's rather strange, what I hate more is that the terms SPREAD due to the vast amounts of american tv we are spoon feed every second on tv.

What's with your inability to construct sentences? I'm no expert on the English language, but I'm certain that's not correct. Don't point at our spots with your dirty finger. You're being spoon-fed America television, due to the stations deciding to air it. Why do they choose to air it? People watch America television programs a lot. It's not that hard to connect the dots, Sherlock Holmes.

Granted, I havn' t yet met any stupid american's on message boards or places I go to, but , some of these chat rooms around the internet , are just full of sexual crazzed 12 year old american's pretending to be models.

NEWS FLASH:

Any 12 year old claiming to be "sex crazzed" or else acting that way is obviously not 12 years old. It's a pedophile or an FBI agent.

What I hate, is idiot's who instead of explaining why they are offended, go and spend time making LIST'S of the gammer and spelling mistakes I make.

You can't whine about versions of English, if you can barely master it. Point-blank, that is saying one thing and doing another. Hypocrisy.

we're doomed, be it by a war, or by nature, yes, nature is going to kill us. It has to nature will allways survive. We wont we'll rot back into nature and feed it to create something new, what exactly the new thing is we do not know.

Nature does not have enough conciousness to conspire something like that. More likely than not, man-kind will make it.

Uh, yeah, of course it's messed up, it's american. And that's coming from an American, so, hey, I agree - American culture is really messed up!!!

dont think that the american culture is the only culture that is messed up, because every culture is messed up in some ways ok. i mean, you have the nazi germans who want jews dead, you have muslims who want jews dead, hell they want the whole world dead. the reason the whole world is screwed up is because of religion and peoples beliefs, if you're going to blame anything, blame it on religion and monotheism and polytheism. the reason america is so screwed up is because we are a smelting pot of many races and religionsit is not so much the TV that you watch, it's hollywood, hollywood spreads everything like that, spreads the english language, and the things you see in the movies are normally NOTHING like real american society isdont blame it on the people, blame religion

dont think that the american culture is the only culture that is messed up, because every culture is messed up in some ways ok. i mean, you have the nazi germans who want jews dead, you have muslims who want jews dead, hell they want the whole world dead.
the reason the whole world is screwed up is because of religion and peoples beliefs, if you're going to blame anything, blame it on religion and monotheism and polytheism. the reason america is so screwed up is because we are a smelting pot of many races and religions

it is not so much the TV that you watch, it's hollywood, hollywood spreads everything like that, spreads the english language, and the things you see in the movies are normally NOTHING like real american society is

dont blame it on the people, blame religion

Amen, brother!
It all comes back to the different beliefs that just don't get along, hell this entire thread goes back to that....

Nature will win. It is the driving force of everything. sooner or later man and woman will be wiped out, stray comet, floods, hell even the earth imploding.
Either we kill us or nature does. Its inevitable. And so nature will win, it will far outlast us and anything else that feels it may be "better".
Just leave it and get along.
Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)