xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Magical Black Pepper.

My dear friends I am basically from Kerala India where we farm black pepper a lot. Which has a lot of medicinal values too which I would like to share with you friends. It is very good for digestion - Pepper's natural antibiotic properties make it an effective remedy for intestinal diseases caused by any bacteria or so. It causes an increase in the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, improving overall digestion. It also reduces gas, cures diarrhea, effects on constipation etc.It also helps in relieving cough and colds ? It?s antibacterial properties also make it an effective remedy for respiratory conditions including colds, coughs and flu. Yesterday night I was also suffering from such ailments and I waked up at three and boiled some water put some pepper in it and drank the same which gave me a lot relief. I have also heard that it may help in weight loss also - The outer layer of the peppercorn contains substances that boost fat metabolism. So if you add black pepper to you food may help in the treatment of obesity etc.It also helps in treating skin ailments ? In a research conducted in Great Britain it has been indicated that the active chemical ingredient in pepper, piperine, is an effective treatment for vitiligo, a skin disease that causes areas of the skin to lose their pigment.It also improves bioavailability that helps in overall health - Eating black pepper promotes the absorption of nutrients to all the tissues of the body, improving overall health.It also improves dental health as many ayurvedic tooth pastes have it as the most important ingredient in it - It helps fight tooth decay and provides relief from toothache.It is a natural antidepressant ? It has been the investigated for its antidepressant properties. Animal studies showed that treatment with black pepper improved cognitive function and stimulated the central nervous system.It is a powerful antioxidant also - Pepper has a rich natural content of phenols, organic chemicals that have strong antioxidant properties.post-73445-070187100 1294908919_thumb.jpgHave a healthy life dear friends.

hmm i didn't know that black pepper can have these effects. i actually like it and i pour it on my foods but i like the red one more and i like the way it burns your tongue. about cough and colds i was thinking its very bad to use black pepper while you are coughing and it will make you worse but i have now googled it and i found that there is no harm in eating black pepper and even it will cure your cough which is very strange. about skin curing i have seen many peoples who are taking specific creams which has huge amount of black pepper in it for curing their skin ailments. anyway these days more people use this pepper with fast foods meaning that they ruin all of this magical pepper with very dangerous foods which can cause many cancers and getting fat. your topic was really useful and i will no longer refuse eating black pepper while i'm cold or coughing and i'm getting a little fat maybe i need more black pepper :D .

I use black pepper on my food all the time, and I don't really feel it's had magical effects on my health. Maybe I'm not using enough :)

although an interesting read, i don't really fall in to the trap of believing propoganda. especially from someone in a town that is know to be farming black peper and the only way to get people to eat more of it is to hype it up. if it's not in the american medical journals, i wont believe a WORD that was posted about black pepper. doesn't mean it's not true, it just means i wont believe it. i am now curious where he is getting his facts from. tell me so i can research this further....

if it's not in the american medical journals, i wont believe a WORD that was posted about black pepper.

Ah come on anwii, do you really think they would write about something as common and cheap as black pepper if it was healthy for you? If you won't believe the farmers propaganda, then how come you'd believe propaganda from Doctors and pharmasuiticle companys that make their livings off of selling people drugs that have all kinds of terrible side effects???
I'm not saying it works either but for reliability, who could trust the words of either side?

although an interesting read, i don't really fall in to the trap of believing propoganda. especially from someone in a town that is know to be farming black peper and the only way to get people to eat more of it is to hype it up. if it's not in the american medical journals, i wont believe a WORD that was posted about black pepper. doesn't mean it's not true, it just means i wont believe it. i am now curious where he is getting his facts from. tell me so i can research this further....

Dear friend of mine I belong to a city where black pepper is farmed but I personally am not farming it and never done so in my life even. But I have met and researched with many ayurvedic doctors due to which I came to know these facts. Which are absolutely true and scientific. And dear friend when it comes to not believing the same, I would like to add a note here that in this world there are many who believe God but many of them states that believers of God are fool (Sorry for this statement as I am a believer of God). It fully depends upon person to person dear friend to believe anything or not. By the way in this I have mentioned some of my personal belief also, and that?s why its tested facts and not just propaganda as I am not a businessman of black pepper.

Ah come on anwii, do you really think they would write about something as common and cheap as black pepper if it was healthy for you? If you won't believe the farmers propaganda, then how come you'd believe propaganda from Doctors and pharmasuiticle companys that make their livings off of selling people drugs that have all kinds of terrible side effects???I'm not saying it works either but for reliability, who could trust the words of either side?

ummmm excuse me??? who said i believe in doctors who promote pharmaceuticals? please don't assume to know what i would or wouldn't believe. in fact, i have a problem just taking an asprin for a headache. anyone who knows me knows this while i will support a more natural approach to any problem if there is a natural cure. but i will tell you this much. i will believe the doctors in the u.s. over a farmer's propoganda in a third world country ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. that's just me though. we are each entitled to our own opinion based on ignorance or fact.

contactskn- you are still not showing me where i can read up on documented proof to your post. all you said was you asked some doctors about pepper. i find it odd that someone would ask doctors about the benefits of pepper. it really is FAR from an every day occurance. i am also curious what kind of pepper we are talking about here because there is different kinds. i love pepper personally. i put it on most my food. i can't stand lots of salt, but i do love my pepper. what i personally use is the standard pure ground black pepper for my foods

sheepdog- i read your post about farming in another thread. i really haven't read up on it or heard anything about it, but it would make sense that the government would regulate farming since they already spend billions in grants for farmers. i can't believe they are trying to regulate natural foods you can grow on your land though. that makes absolutely no sense to me and i would think it would be unconstituational do so. please point me to a web page so i can read more about this. now in this thread however, we are talking about indian farmers i think. it's not regulated the same but it's still the same business concept. they have to sell their goods and there is no better way to do that than to hype it up. it's legal to do so in other countries but not here in the united states. the only thing you can gather is from what you read in medical journals where sadly enough most doctors don't even read when they are recommending treatments or possible cures.

the only thing i read upon with my quick research is that pepper helps with the digestive system. this seems to be the most common healthy features of pepper but it wasn't even listed in the original post so now after researching and noticing that this was left out, i can't help but believe that the credibility of these so called facts should be investigated further.....

ummmm excuse me??? who said i believe in doctors who promote pharmaceuticals? please don't assume to know what i would or wouldn't believe. in fact, i have a problem just taking an asprin for a headache. anyone who knows me knows this while i will support a more natural approach to any problem if there is a natural cure. but i will tell you this much. i will believe the doctors in the u.s. over a farmer's propoganda in a third world country ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. that's just me though. we are each entitled to our own opinion based on ignorance or fact.
contactskn- you are still not showing me where i can read up on documented proof to your post. all you said was you asked some doctors about pepper. i find it odd that someone would ask doctors about the benefits of pepper. it really is FAR from an every day occurance. i am also curious what kind of pepper we are talking about here because there is different kinds. i love pepper personally. i put it on most my food. i can't stand lots of salt, but i do love my pepper. what i personally use is the standard pure ground black pepper for my foods

sheepdog- i read your post about farming in another thread. i really haven't read up on it or heard anything about it, but it would make sense that the government would regulate farming since they already spend billions in grants for farmers. i can't believe they are trying to regulate natural foods you can grow on your land though. that makes absolutely no sense to me and i would think it would be unconstituational do so. please point me to a web page so i can read more about this. now in this thread however, we are talking about indian farmers i think. it's not regulated the same but it's still the same business concept. they have to sell their goods and there is no better way to do that than to hype it up. it's legal to do so in other countries but not here in the united states. the only thing you can gather is from what you read in medical journals where sadly enough most doctors don't even read when they are recommending treatments or possible cures.

the only thing i read upon with my quick research is that pepper helps with the digestive system. this seems to be the most common healthy features of pepper but it wasn't even listed in the original post so now after researching and noticing that this was left out, i can't help but believe that the credibility of these so called facts should be investigated further.....

Dear friend of mine Here I would like to clear some doubts and points as under -

1. I am entirely not talking about those allopathic doctors dealing and prescribing chemicals for all ailments.
2. On the other hand I am talking about Ayurvedic doctors who never deals with chemical instead uses natural medicinal plants, herbs, fruits, seeds etc. to cure your ailments. And Ayurveda is being written and gifted by olden days saints of India “a third world country” as you say it” for the benefits of the whole human kind and not by any American Doctor as such.
Many European countries are also accepting ayurveda, yoga etc. after knowing the huge benefits of the same. If I am not mistaken most probably there are some ayurvedic centers in America also, where you could get the information in details. If you could please search for such centers and please do visit them.

For my dear friend Anwii’s help and quick reference purpose I would like to list some of the ayurvedic institutes and centers address as follows -

Ayurvedic Foundations
Dean Campbell [President]
1550 East 3300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
(801) 466-8324 Voice
E-Mail: Dean@ayur.com
Ayurveda Holistic Center
email-mail@ayurvedahc.com
82A Bayville Ave,Bayville, NY - 11709
phone- 516-628-8200
URL- http://www.vedicschool.com/

California College of Ayurveda
email- info@ayurvedacollege.com
1117A E. Main St, Grass Valley, CA -95945
phone- 1-866-541-6699
fax- 530-274-7350
URL- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Department of Ayurveda; Florida Vedic College
934 N. University Drive, #102 ,Coral Springs ,FL 33071
phone: 954-729-3456
URL: http://www.fvc.edu/

Blue Lotus Ayurveda Center
Asheville , NC , USA
phone: 828-713-4266
URL: http://www.bluelotusayurveda.com/

BODY BISTRO Ayurvedic Apothecary
Email : ayurveda@bodybistro.com
P.O. Box 5788 , Beverly Hills ,CA 90209-5788
URL: http://www.bodybistro.com/

International Institute of Ayurveda & Complimentary Medicines (IIACM) Inc.
1115, Oconnor drive, Toronto , Canada
phone: 416-778-9341
URL: http://www.iiacm.com/index.html

3. I am not a farmer dear rather I am a software engineer. It was just my hobby to gather information about natural medicinal plants, herbs etc. which could be used to cure different ailments.
4. Moreover I am not a business to indulge in propagandas to sale goods produced by them.
5. But on the other hand it is also true that India is one of the largest producer of black pepper and its total production is consumed in good way and I don’t think black pepper producers from India do need any silly and foolish type of propaganda what I call it for selling there produce that is black pepper.
6. I think you my friend anwii have not yet googled properly on this topic other wise there are thousands of articles on the same in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Sanskrit etc. one small article as such is as follows -
http://www.ayurvedictalk.com/health-benefits-of-black-pepper-piper-nigrum/477/
7. At last I would clarify that my post does not relate to farmers propaganda, silly marketing or any other business tricks but it is just a post for the benefits of my dearest Xisto friends.

That’s it my dearest friend Anwii, please do google in the languages as mentioned above I am sure you will get thousands of pages mentioning the benefits of black pepper as such. At the end I would like to say that please do try those tips obviously ayurveda will have a slower effect in comparison to allopathic medicines but on the other hand they are not having any side effects as such.
Edited by contactskn (see edit history)

ok. i went to that website and it did verify that it helps with the digestive system. actually, it intimated that that is one if it's main benefits because it was the first thing they mentioned and pretty much the only thing they mentioned. What YOU mentioned, and let me remind you since i think you forgot.... you said that black pepper helps with colds, depression, weightloss, etc...the fact is, NONE of these things were mentioned in the one article you directed me to. why did you even direct me there? don't even waste my time if your going to direct me to places that wont even confirm what you said. plus, i will be curious about the validity of information that is even posted on the internet. ANYONE can post anything they want on the internet just like you did. it doesn't make it true. although the article you did irect me to seemed to have truth to it, it did NOT however convey the point of this magical black pepper that you did in your post.i am not questioning the value and the ingredients in herbs or spices for natural remedies and possible cures, what i AM questioning is the list you gave for black pepper.one thing i read in that post you guided me to that i don't believe on bit is that it said it helps with throat irritation. i know from experience that when my throat is dry, itchy, and basically irittated, pepper is the LAST thing i will put on my food because it will make my throat even MORE irritated and cause me to cough.so again, i ask you what type of pepper? is it even ground pepper or is it in actuality pepper corns? because part of the article mentioned sucking on a pepper corn where you can't really suck on ground black pepper. i was assuming you are talking about pepper that you put on your food and not the actual pepper corns. if you mean pepper corns, then your title should distinguish between the two. so what do you mean? ground black pepper or pepper corns? and what kind of pepper anyway? you still didn't say....

ok. i went to that website and it did verify that it helps with the digestive system. actually, it intimated that that is one if it's main benefits because it was the first thing they mentioned and pretty much the only thing they mentioned. What YOU mentioned, and let me remind you since i think you forgot.... you said that black pepper helps with colds, depression, weightloss, etc...
the fact is, NONE of these things were mentioned in the one article you directed me to. why did you even direct me there? don't even waste my time if your going to direct me to places that wont even confirm what you said. plus, i will be curious about the validity of information that is even posted on the internet. ANYONE can post anything they want on the internet just like you did. it doesn't make it true. although the article you did irect me to seemed to have truth to it, it did NOT however convey the point of this magical black pepper that you did in your post.

i am not questioning the value and the ingredients in herbs or spices for natural remedies and possible cures, what i AM questioning is the list you gave for black pepper.

one thing i read in that post you guided me to that i don't believe on bit is that it said it helps with throat irritation. i know from experience that when my throat is dry, itchy, and basically irittated, pepper is the LAST thing i will put on my food because it will make my throat even MORE irritated and cause me to cough.

so again, i ask you what type of pepper? is it even ground pepper or is it in actuality pepper corns? because part of the article mentioned sucking on a pepper corn where you can't really suck on ground black pepper. i was assuming you are talking about pepper that you put on your food and not the actual pepper corns. if you mean pepper corns, then your title should distinguish between the two. so what do you mean? ground black pepper or pepper corns? and what kind of pepper anyway? you still didn't say....

Dear friend anwii good morning. Here I would like to add some more images which will add to the original post to clarify which type of black pepper I mean.

The first image is when it is green.

post-73445-000106500 1295420071_thumb.jpg
post-73445-061532700 1295420079_thumb.jpg
The other images are when it is dried and acquires the black color.
post-73445-056074800 1295420089_thumb.jpg

About the link which I have given was just an example dear friend just when I googled for the links and what ever I have got first I gave you as example but there are plenty and I think many of them will be having detailed study reports etc. on the same.
Edited by contactskn (see edit history)