xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

Will Gmail Go Public Soon?

They're supposed to go public. It's impossible that they won't. But looking at how much invitations they're giving out, it's like they're public already.I remember when getting those invitations were rare, now, most people have them becuase a lot of people signed up for the newsletter and got an account. (Great I got an account through the newsletter when I already got invited...)I remember Google announcing that they will release it to the public sometime and they have invited people to test it out for them. So now that they're sending out a LOT of invitations, it's possible we're nearing the stage of Gmail becoming public. -_- OK, that took a lot of thought...

yep true..BUT are we, "beta-testers", going to lose our accounts if google makes gmail public but with a fee?I hope not.. i think gmail is the biggest innovation in e-mail the way we know with.. They're service is great and i've been member of gmail since its first days.Though i think it would be too much for google server to start giving 2GB and increasing accounts to everyone who wanted them.. FREE.Whatever Google does though i'll still always on their side. -_-

I bet that Gmail will stay beta for a long time. I am a loyal user and despise Hotmail: too many ads, too slow, bad GUI, bad everything almost. With all of the invites around the planet, Gmail doesn't really need to become final version; however, it will make many people happyif they do. The 2672 MB (more by the time you read this) is really good although I probably won't be around by the time I can use it all. BTW, if you want invites, just PM me.

well GMAIL is the best mail i've ever used, because of its speed and stability not to mention the best UI. I went straight to gmail from yahoomail when I heard about it and I was impressed!Lately I notice that download speed are abit lower because there are sooo many users now using gmail and it is really spreading with loots of speed...I think these invitations are a good way to keep people who just want to spam accounts to keep away because it is at least a bit tougher to get an invitation than just normaly sign in...That is a good thing IMO and i think it will stay that way ( at least i hope so)..greetz

Gmail will most likely go public sooner or later, but it probably won't be something significant seeing how they already have a massive amount of members from beta invitations.I think they are still in beta right now as a legal defense if something were to go wrong and cause some buisinesses to lose money or something like that. They will probably stay in beta until they are very confident that their email service is as stable as they can get it.

Notice from KuBi:
Arragaga, this topic lives again! Please do not revive topics. This is almost 1 whole year old. Close'D