xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

Will Gmail Go Public Soon?

I don't know if Gmail will go public soon. I have Gmail and I recently got 50 invites. Anybody want one? Here's your chance. Send me a PM, e-mail me, or IM me.

Well that might be evident because gmail has been giving like everyone 50 invites and everything. I just got 50 a couple weeks ago just like everyone else and there spreading the amount of users that they want to have. I think google is probably going to release it to the public in a couple of months or so. ;)

Could somebody please explain to me exactly what Gmail is and whether it's any good or not? I understand it's something google-orientated but am unsure of what makes it so special and whether or not I should get involved with it.

Gmail is a new mail service that still in beta version (and dunno when they will release it). Gmail have some advantage that yahoo don't have:
1. No advertisement..... yet
2. You don't have to open other page to attach files, gmail has included attach button in compose message page it self
3. Simple interface that will speed up loading the gmail page

and gmail, surely will build another services such as google-messenger.

i also have 50 more gmail invitations (at first, when they offered 6 invitations, it look really worthy, but when it comes 50, it is really worthless)

Gmail is bound to go public in the near future. But for now I think t hey are just testing things out. Too probably see if people abuse it in anyway like store music files or something like that. lol. Gmail has been helpful. I like the search option. Never have to delete my email again.

51356[/snapback]

Well... hehehe... that's a problem then... because people are already storing files... I mean BIG files... like games, movies... even games with more than 3gbs..... walla is having the same problem... every mail with more than 1gb is having this problem with the program called "Peer 2 Mail"... I have already experienced this program and it's a good way to download stuff! ;)

2. I have a yahoo email , which gives you 100 mb and the truth is most people dont need more then that...

3. Its easier with yahoo cause i already know where everything is .

4. You need yahoo to sign up at yahoo groups..

5. Ive been using yahoo for 5 years and never had any problems.

6. Im not concern about yahoo invadeing my privacy......

2. I have gmail email and I have more than 100mbs files... and I'm not saving games or nothing of it... I'm just keeping my e-mails which I receive from friends, forums....

3. That I agree with you, but that's not a problem... I used to use hotmail and gmail is very easy to use.

4. I don't use yahoo groups... I don't even use anything on yahoo, I only used it's place to keep files but now I don't need it anymore... I just don't delete it and they have never deleted it...

5. I've been using gmail from a long time and I have never had problems... when my brother need pop3 there wasn't yet but when I need there was...

6. Neither am I concerned about gmail invading my privacy... I love google and I always use google search.

Like you said, it's my opinion... :P

Everyone has their own preferences... big inbox or small inbox, search feature or no search feature, POP3 or no POP3... the list goes on. Like chiclete said, it's your own opinion. The question is will Gmail be public soon or not?

I don't know... I think on two things:1?: They have waited for so long that now they will only release the official version when they have absolutelly sure that there is no bug or nothing lacking to the e-mail. And that's why they now gave 50 invitations to everyone... 2?: They can't wait anymore because there are a lot of lammer who can't get an invitation so they will release the official version soon...

I think they're about to release it because they just sent an email to me at my other email address that I put to get notified on the latest news about Gmail. And its been like 5-6 months now that they just responded and given me a free invitation. its not like i need it but yeh it just seams like that they're almost ready. I went to the site and its offline for now.

Well, if gmail doesn't go public soon, I still have 50 invites if anyone is interested. Just send an email to egbakaet@gmail.com. ;)

Sounds like it might. And it's definetely good news. I've been using g-mail for awhile now, seeing I got it before most internet junkies even knew about it. It was nice to be able to get some of the names I wanted without all the #'s after them. It's a good move by Google too. Google is starting to take some giant leaps into the internet market, with some really great innovations lately.

I find that Gmail has changed the way I currently send emails because of the following:It is extremely convienent that a email service provider offers 2.5 gigs of storage, not saying that I will ever use that space for emails, but having a provider that plans for the future makes everyone happy -_-The POP3 access that Gmail currently provides is very convienent for me, because I prefer to use a email client then always using the webmail system. I have a good handfull of email address that I check frequently, and Gmail has made that easier for me. Unlike Hotmail, every new account that you create, it wants you to pay for their POP3 access per year.Another thing is that Gmail doesnt force any type of ads, popups, popunders, etc... It conviently places ads relevent to your emails on the side, and even sometimes, I click them, because they are of interest to me. Unlike other providers that have ads like Dating, etc.. I sure hope that Gmail provides their Email service to the public soon, because I know a good hand full of people will make the switch to the Gmail system. I know I was one of them.

Yes, gmail's search function has been very helpful to me in findnig my previus emails - it really helped plus i like all the space. Not to mention gmail is very fast too! Even thouigh the filesharing idea is cool i don't think it should be done=gmail is kindenough to make us this email program.